Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2014-01-27, 2:21pm

Arrow BOC Day at Playing with Fire! - Rockland, ME --- Feb 16th

Hi All!

We'll be hosting a BOC beadmaking day at Playing with Fire! in Rockland, ME
Sunday, Feb 16th from 11am - 7pm

This is a free event---the day will be devoted to making Beads of Courage.

The studio will provide pizza and drinks. Any additional munchies will be most welcome!

RSVPs appreciated
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[here or call 207-594-7805] -- thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-01-28, 3:15pm

I will be there with bells on!!!

A wonderful day with friends making beads for the bestest of bestest of causes.

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2014-01-28, 4:08pm
Moving On

I've sent a big box of GG Glass veiled cane to donate for this event! Now's your chance to get your hot little hands (and torch) on some for a good cause!!!-Gail

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2014-01-28, 6:31pm

Quote:
I've sent a big box of GG Glass veiled cane to donate for this event! Now's your chance to get your hot little hands (and torch) on some for a good cause!!!-Gail
Gail! Thank you so much, we sooooooo appreciate this!
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

I know you have a schedule conflict, but if there's any way you can join us, please do!

Old 2014-01-28, 6:46pm
Ooh - I could use that!

I need a play day out! I will be there.
Old 2014-01-28, 7:04pm

I have Diane Woodall's permission to bring the Beads of Courage tutorial and share it. Copies will not be made but the tutorial has many animal beads that the kids love.

AND after having seen the tutorial, people may be interested in buying one for themselves. Every penny of the money made is donated to Beads of Courage. Hey, I know I'd like to see something before I buy it...

There are some guidelines, too, on what glass types need to be encased. I was just reading about that the other day. I'll see if I can find the thread. I know I'm packing glass and all I can remember from the thread is rubino needs to be encased because of lead content? Must go find thread...

EDITED TO ADD: Found the thread!!!

Before you pack your color choices, please check the above thread. It may affect the colors you pick! The kids already have compromised immune systems so we want to be as safe as possible in their beads.

Sue
Old 2014-01-29, 9:16am

Hi All! Ya never know...there may be surprises at this event, too!

I'm really getting excited for this event as well. Most of us understand what these beads mean to the kids and their families but do we REALLY understand what each bead means? Do we understand how much each individual bead encourages them? Or strengthens them? Or simply makes them feel "warm and fuzzy.

Even if you can't attend this event all you have to do is make a handful that weekend (February 15-17, 2014) and send them in. You can't imagine how much brighter you'll make a kid's day!

Peace!

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

Old 2014-01-30, 9:43pm

Arrow Thank you Gail Joseph--GGGlass!

Gail, thank you so much! The box arrived today, and we've been gazing lovingly, and drooling not a little bit, at the wonderful assortment of glass that you sent. What awesome color!

Thank you, thank you! We will do you proud

Old 2014-02-01, 2:09pm

Planning to be there! Can't wait to participate. Thanks for doing this.
Alice
Old 2014-02-11, 5:41am

Oops! Almost forgot about this weekend! Just kidding. Seriously, don't let a little bit of snow prevent you from attending this worthwhile event!

I'm trying to make plans as I type

Duane

Old 2014-02-11, 11:18am

MONDAY is a holiday. Does anyone want to share a room at The Granite Inn? If so, perhaps we can help Ed & Virginia clean beads on Monday morning - and I can take pictures for the wonderful world of LE.

Let me know if you want to stay over... call me at either CELL: 614-264-6744 or HOME (evenings only- no answering machine) 207-469-0070

Sue
Old 2014-02-11, 12:15pm

My tentatively (almost solid) plans are to arrive Sunday morning and stay Sunday night.......The "tentative" part is whether or not to arrive Saturday afternoon. I'd be adding an extra night and would anyone else be there yet?

Duane

Old 2014-02-12, 12:34pm
Ooh - I could use that!

If anyone is in Rockland on Saturday and would like to get together for dinner let me know. I only live 5 minutes away and any time spent with adults outside of "House of Teenagers and Dogs" is always welcome.
Old 2014-02-13, 3:56am

My weekend to work

Sounds like it's going to be great fun.
Old 2014-02-14, 8:46am

The weather forecast is NOT looking good for Sunday's BOC.

They're saying 4-8" to 6-10" (depending on which model you listen to) overnight Saturday into Sunday morning with the storm clearing late Sunday afternoon.

OF COURSE The FORECAST can CHANGE! Let's keep an eye on it today.

At this point it's looking like we should reschedule. We're looking at NEXT weekend... Sunday, Feb 23.... That is if it doesn't snow again...
the long-range forecast, IS predicting another storm for the 23rd as well...

Old 2014-02-14, 9:19am

Yikes! I knew there was snow in the forecast but hadn't heard THAT much (yes, I've been checking Rockland weather, too). If it is the 23rd I definitely can't do it

Duane

Old 2014-02-15, 7:27am
Playing with Fire!

The forecast now is for 12 to 18+++ inches of snow overnight for Rockland, Maine. We are calling off the B.O.C get-together for This Sunday.

Playing with Fire!