Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2011-02-22, 4:38pm
Run Free Sweet Boy

so, technically we could post pics on the 28th since the jury is the 27th.

"It's not what you have, it's who you are."
Old 2011-02-22, 6:14pm

Oops, guess I should have taken pics of the beads. Of course, then they NEVER would have gotten out of here on time!! Oh well, Jeri

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Still selling beadstands but no more Puffy Mandrels.
Old 2011-02-23, 5:01am
Run Free Sweet Boy

well,, hopefully we will see your beads on the BOC page as ones picked to go Jeri. Hopefully Lori will post all the pics here of the ones chosen as well.

Old 2011-02-24, 12:14pm
Astro Cat

I've sent one bead. What a dream come true to all whose beads are selected.
Best wishes to all
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my Scorpion!
Old 2011-02-24, 5:29pm

I tracked my package and it was delivered, whew!! The astronaut in charge of this shuttle is Mark Kelly, who is from my home town of West Orange, NJ, where we still live. Submitting beads has made me feel very connected, even if it's not mine that are selected, it will certainly be some of my on-line friends! Jeri

Still selling beadstands but no more Puffy Mandrels.
Old 2011-02-26, 6:36am
Your Royal Fritness

Yeah it looks like mine made it there on Thursday as well. I would love to be with Lori opening up all these beads
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-02-26, 8:00pm

AUGH, I didn't even think about tracking. What an idiot am I. I hope they made it.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2011-02-27, 8:16am
Run Free Sweet Boy

my package made it in time.. today is the judging, anyone besides me feeling a little giddy? Wishing everyone good luck today.

Candice

Old 2011-02-27, 9:01am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Quote:
my package made it in time.. today is the judging, anyone besides me feeling a little giddy? Wishing everyone good luck today.
Candice

That's right - today is the day! Good luck and blessings to everyone

Can't wait for the email notifications. Will you all post after they get sent? I can hardly wait to see what people made up.
Old 2011-02-27, 2:28pm

AUGH, I want to know now.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2011-02-27, 4:29pm

It is exciting but I hate the wait. I suppose thats all part of the excitement right? Oh back to counting down the hours!!

Old 2011-02-28, 5:34am
Run Free Sweet Boy

I find myself singing the song from Annie today.. tomorrow tomorrow, there's always tomorrow, its only a day away....

Old 2011-02-28, 5:36am
Run Free Sweet Boy

so, since the judging was yesterday, we can show what we made now without worry of tainting the jury.

first two are front and back pics of the same beads

Old 2011-02-28, 5:51am
Hot Glass Neophyte

WOW - awesome Space Shuttles! Very darling creations PatientHand, no wonder you have been excited!
Old 2011-02-28, 6:40am
Hobby Junkie

Very Cool Candice! I love your shuttle beads!

Here are mine...

Old 2011-02-28, 6:55am
Your Royal Fritness

Great Shuttle beads and I love the Aliens!

I took it a little different direction with flying saucers.

Good Luck Everyone! I know BoC will be blessed with all the beads.

Dawn
Attached Images

Old 2011-02-28, 7:36am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Cori and Dawn, those are amazing! Gosh such creativity!
Old 2011-02-28, 8:49am
Run Free Sweet Boy

Cori and Dawn.. GREAT WORK!! ;looks like the competition is gonna be stiff for this round,, wishing you luck.

Old 2011-02-28, 9:05am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Does anyone know how many beads are being selected for the competition?
Old 2011-02-28, 9:44am
Run Free Sweet Boy

Old 2011-02-28, 10:12am
Shelarious

Those are awesome Cori, Dawn, and Candace! You guys are shoo-ins!

Here's a pic of what I sent since we are all comfy sharing now, the UFO says "beads of courage" all the way around it:

Old 2011-02-28, 10:42am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Since we are posting, here are my little "Astronauts"... I chose 3 out of the set for my entry, but I sent all of them. Hopefully they arrived on time - I still don't know if they did!

Last edited by Fine Folly Glassworks; 2011-02-28 at 10:45am.
Old 2011-02-28, 10:46am
Shelarious

Super Awesome Kristina!!! They are so cute and you did a great job! I hope they made it there on time!

Old 2011-02-28, 10:53am
Astro Cat

I love the dragon astronaut!
my Scorpion!
Old 2011-02-28, 10:54am
Hot Glass Neophyte

Thank yous! I have crossed fingers and toes that they got there in time
Old 2011-02-28, 10:57am
Run Free Sweet Boy

shelley, I LOVE your little shuttle, and the murrini you had to have made for the flag, as well as the speling around the space ship.. man thats a lot of work. and I was whining over a face murrini.

Kristina, I LOVE your critters with the space helmets lots of detail in a small space

I am shocked at the work shown so far, and beginning to seriously sweat if one of mine will make it. I also sent extra beads that were not part of the contest for the kids. I am so enjoying seeing evrery ones beads.. so much imagination and skill!!!!

Hats off to all!!!

Old 2011-02-28, 11:07am
Shelarious

Thanks Candace, yeah, it was a lot of work.
There's a lot of little tiny letters around my bench.
I don't think you have a thing to worry about either. You should be proud!

Kristina those are just great, the pig is my fave.

Old 2011-02-28, 12:05pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

ALL of you deserve to be selected, there are no two ways about it! Each one has posted wonderful work here!

Thank you so much for telling me which are your favorites... I made little Frogs on Space Shuttles, but I didn't send them. Here's a full picture. I actually made Twin-Teddys, but I didn't submit them as a set.

Old 2011-02-28, 12:26pm

OH My Gosh everyones entries are sooooooo Cool !!! Unfortunatly I have to leave today so I'll miss the announcement of the winners. I won't know until friday. EEEke don't know if I can wait that long. Here's my photos.. This is last times entry

And this time I entered these. I think I've come a long way since the last one. And as usual I forogot to take a picture of my favorite. It was a rocket with a mouse sticking his head out the window.

Old 2011-02-28, 1:23pm
Hot Glass Neophyte

Wonderful and darling Terri! Gosh I pity the Judges having to decide!