Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2008-12-15, 10:14pm
One Crazy Mama

Default Does anyone have curdled ivory left?

Looking for a pound or two....
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-12-16, 6:25am
Living out Loud

Try ABR, goooooooood luck!

Old 2008-12-17, 6:42am
no more

We've been out since last week..

Sorry!
Old 2008-12-17, 1:06pm
DSDWC

Quote:
We've been out since last week..

Sorry!
I got the last two pounds

Old 2008-12-17, 1:16pm
no more

Cool

Quote:

You've just made yourself a "marked" man Mr Cornette!

Cody - ABR
Old 2008-12-17, 7:21pm
One Crazy Mama

Quote:
sure rub it in

dang

Old 2008-12-17, 7:33pm
Scientific Glass Girl

try calling wale to see what their batch is.

Old 2008-12-17, 9:30pm

Is the Ivory a batch of dark or light? Does it look any different the regular Ivory? how do you know if you have gotten some?

Viking knit End Caps for sale:
[/url]https://heatherferman.etsy.com[/url]
Old 2008-12-17, 9:34pm
Entropy increasing....

Dark. I have seen photos of the rods and can't really see a difference.
Old 2008-12-17, 9:36pm
Scientific Glass Girl

Old 2008-12-18, 5:53am

Thank you!

Viking knit End Caps for sale:
[/url]https://heatherferman.etsy.com[/url]
Old 2008-12-18, 10:53am

Mine is gone along with all of my dark ivory too..

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2008-12-18, 3:58pm
Happy Beadmaker!

FYI, someone has generously donated some of the "Curdled Ivory" over on the Shannon Hill donation site (click site below).

Shannon is a wonderfully talented glass artist, and an all-around great guy who has just been diagnosed with lung cancer. Sadly enough, he does not have insurance, so Reenie from Flamekissed Glass (I think that's her site name) has organized a raffle! Lots of good stuff in addition to the C-Ivory!

Thanks,
Lea

~
~
~
Old 2008-12-19, 3:16am
Happy Beadmaker!

Thanks, Nancy! For everyone's information, we're planning continuing auctions over the next few weeks/months with lots of great donations, so come see (drawing this week is Sunday night, I believe) and then each auction will begin as the last one ends...all donations welcome!

You can also go to Shannon's site (
) for ordering directly from him. Lots of you might know Shannon from shows and/or from his boro video "InsideOut Beads & More"!!! He's a great guy.

Please pass the word not only thru the LE community, but other sites/forums, etc. that you all visit.

Thanks so much,
Lea

~
~
~
Old 2008-12-19, 10:26am

I don't think ANYONE has ANY dark ivory of ANY KIND left right now
....the "maybe it's curdled" crazies have bought up every stick in the hopes they'd score some!
Rest of us have to make our shorts last until the next shipment or switch over to "regular ivory" for now

(or...*gasp*...break into any stash of river rock we might be hoarding
if we're desperate for dark!)

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2008-12-19, 10:45am

Quote:
I don't think ANYONE has ANY dark ivory of ANY KIND left right now
....the "maybe it's curdled" crazies have bought up every stick in the hopes they'd score some!
Rest of us have to make our shorts last until the next shipment or switch over to "regular ivory" for now

(or...*gasp*...break into any stash of river rock we might be hoarding
if we're desperate for dark!)
I know, I wasn't here during this whole "curdled ivory" and have been trying to find DK Ivory everywhere and can't find it, now I know why. I looked at my stash and have 6 rods left and it turns out they are the curdled kind, LOL. But I need more dk ivory of any kind.

Mini-CC& M-5 oxycon

Old 2009-01-01, 6:05pm
and your little dog too

Angry

^ same. 6 rods and a lot of orders that need it.

i don't care if it 'curdles' or not, i NEED dark ivory.

so some who are are sitting on 50 lbs because it's 'curdled' i hope you get butt sores.

Old 2009-01-01, 6:07pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:

so some who are are sitting on 50 lbs because it's 'curdled' i hope you get butt sores.
There is plenty of dark ivory to be had - Mountain Glass Arts has it among others. It isn't Curdled, but it is a very nice batch and pretty close to curdled.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-01-01, 6:43pm
Dare to be different.

Just got some
, seems to be a nice batch and close to curdled if not the real deal.

Old 2009-01-03, 12:00am

I have a pound of Effetre Dark Ivory I'd be willing to sell for the $14.50 I paid for it plus postage...I can ship it out tomorrow if someone needs it really badly
Old 2009-01-04, 11:36am
I like to melt things

Artistry in Glass in Ontario still has Dark Ivory, and their name has been entirely left out in all of the crazed discussions about the curdled, so who knows - their's might be curdled to boot.

Their packaging is great, and if you're American, their prices will rock your world as well since your dollar is worth so much more than the Canadian dollar right now.

(i.e. You can get EDP and Sedona for around $35/LB Canadian, which is only about $29/LB US)

-
-

Last edited by MelanieG; 2009-01-04 at 11:38am.
Old 2009-01-04, 12:35pm
"Sinners have soul too"

The Mandrel also has some dark ivory in stock... it's not "curdled" though.

Old 2009-01-04, 5:13pm

WOW!
Quote:

Thank You to ALL of my friends
who have journeyed
With me thru my elbow injury
and recovery!

:
Old 2009-01-04, 5:37pm
FireSculptedCouture.com

Could someone tell me if this is Vetrofond or Moretti? Thanks.

site is not yet available

Old 2009-01-04, 5:40pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Curdled Ivory is a Moretti color

Old 2009-01-06, 7:35am
Lampworkaholic!

I checked out Artistry in Glass and their Dark Ivory price looked good - until I realized it was for 1/4 lb. not a full lb.

I stand corrected. It is the lb. price and it's a good one. Thanks Kevan for clearing that up!

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox

Last edited by Elizabeth Beads; 2009-01-09 at 11:48am.
Old 2009-01-06, 3:08pm

BTW, for those of you coming to the party 'late'... "curdled" ivory is just Moretti dark ivory, but some folks started calling it "curdled" because some recent batches apparently 'separate' a little better than they used to when exposed to silver or silvered colors. "Separate" isn't the right word, but the swirly thing.... You know, the way the ivory can really look like bone or fossilized ivory when heated a bunch. Curdled is just a word that seemed to sum up that reaction really well.

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." ~ Chuck Reid
Old 2009-01-06, 4:18pm
Entropy increasing....

Quote:
I checked out Artistry in Glass and their Dark Ivory price looked good - until I realized it was for 1/4 lb. not a full lb.
No, that's the lb. price quoted. I checked. I tried buying a lb and it was 9.18 a lb.
Old 2009-01-09, 11:49am
Lampworkaholic!

That is a good price then. Is it by chance the curdled?

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2009-01-09, 11:50am
Entropy increasing....

I don't know. I would doubt it at this point.