No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-02-16, 8:43am
Queen Bee

Smile Kugler Colors

I'm thinking about trying some Kugler glass and I'm hoping someone familiar with this glass will chime in? Favorite colors, any to avoid, etc. I've never used it so I'm not familiar with it and could really use some hints, such as do the pinks devit, etc. I especially love any pink, lavender and blue colors.

Also, are the transparents really saturated like the Reichenbachs? Or can they be used as a normal transparent in a full bead?

Any help, pictures, etc, will greatly be appreciated!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Donna

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Handmade Artist Lampwork Jewelry
Old 2013-02-16, 9:25am
FatCat Mama

I have only a few Kugler colors - mostly transparents. And yes, they are super-saturated. It's been ages since I've worked with them, so I'll be watching with interest for the tips.

Teri

Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.
Albert Einstein

Orange Cricket with 10L oxycon and NG
Old 2013-02-16, 9:47am
I fart diamonds

I freakin' LOVE Kugler! As a matter of fact, it was Kugler that caused me to give up 104! If you've ever worked with Reichenbach, it's pretty similar, but more saturated. A lot of the colors even have the same name & number. The pink turtle I posted in today's gallery thread is Kugler and the rest are Reichenbach, except for the light blue one and the black one (Uroboros).

http://lampworketc.com/forums/showpo...0&postcount=27

Last edited by shawnette; 2013-02-16 at 9:49am. Reason: added link
Old 2013-02-16, 10:07am
Ad astra per aspera

I love Kugler, too, and can't think of any colors to avoid. It also plays well with Uroboros colors. One of my favorite "colors" is their alabaster white. If you work it gently it's a very thready white with a fair amount of translucent (vs. opaque). Kugler reds are all excellent and pretty straightforward.

Old 2013-02-16, 1:01pm
Queen Bee

Thanks everyone! More saturated than Reichenbach? Holy moly, lol. Maybe I'll try a few opaques, since I have a lot of the Reichenbach's transparents. Or maybe just order some new Reichenbach opaques Such decisions.

Has anyone tried the 104 Beadmaking by Friedrich Farbglashutte that Olympic Color offers?

Donna

Vintage & Contemporary Beads, Findings, Chains, Trinity Brass, Vintaj, Bead Tubing, Bobbins

Last edited by BeadBlossoms; 2013-02-16 at 1:04pm.
Old 2013-02-16, 2:02pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Hmmmm I cannot find the beadmaking104 on the Olympic site. Where is it and is this the same glass Hotcolor carries?. If it is, yes I use it and yum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeadBlossoms View Post
Thanks everyone! More saturated than Reichenbach? Holy moly, lol. Maybe I'll try a few opaques, since I have a lot of the Reichenbach's transparents. Or maybe just order some new Reichenbach opaques Such decisions.

Has anyone tried the 104 Beadmaking by Friedrich Farbglashutte that Olympic Color offers?

Old 2013-02-16, 2:34pm
Queen Bee

Sorry, it was the Hot Glass site - thanks for letting me know

Donna

Old 2013-02-17, 11:43am
geekitude on two wheels

the gold pink kugler is particularly nice.
Old 2013-02-17, 9:07pm

Kugler has about the best 96 clear, especially the crystal. It plays really well with others. I think the reduction colors Kugler makes are a bit easier to coax and one of the whites reacts just like the Silver Lake frit that Val Cox offers.

Andrea
Old 2013-02-18, 12:25pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

The pinks....ohhhhhhhh the pinks.....I love Kugler.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2013-02-18, 7:43pm
Angie09

Where would I find a chart of the Kugler 96 colors? Is there such a thing?
Old 2013-02-18, 7:46pm
I fart diamonds

www.hotglasscolor.com

Old 2013-02-18, 8:13pm
Angie09

Thanks Shawnette ....but it's real hard to see what the actual colors are from their smushed rod ends. I was hoping for an actual color chart. Probably too much to ask for.
Old 2013-02-18, 8:52pm
I fart diamonds

Look under Frit Powder & Bar:

http://hotglasscolor.com/viewall.aspx

Old 2013-02-19, 5:22am
Angie09

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnette View Post
Look under Frit Powder & Bar:

http://hotglasscolor.com/viewall.aspx
DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
Old 2013-02-19, 6:06am
Glassss... Wooood... Yum

http://www.facet-design.com/wp/kleurkaarten/kugler-104/

I love this website.

Pam
Old 2013-02-19, 7:50am
Angie09

OMG ... I've never ordered Kugler because I just couldn't get a handle on what the colors really looked like. This thread is going to cost me $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.