Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2011-11-25, 10:18am

Default My new purple heart design

I wanted to share the latest purple heart design I'm making for BOC. I sure hope they like them because I love making them. They are inspired by the mask beads I made in my class with Janice Peacock at the Gathering this year. I thought the boys, especially the teens, might want something a little edgier.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-11-25, 10:34am
Mr Brutus RIP

Those are really cool..........I think girls will like them too!! I know I really love the top middle one!!
Sue

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-11-25, 10:35am

Love 'em,.....hmmm....maybe you can make a quick tut and put it in the Soda Lime Times for us.......pretty pleaseeeeeeeeee??

gail

Cricket w/ 5 lpm Oxycon
Old 2011-11-25, 10:40am

Thanks Gail, but I feel that the design is so closely inspired by the masks that Janice Peacock makes, I'd need to clear it with her first. Janice is a big supporter of BOC too.

Old 2011-11-25, 10:55am
GabysGlassWorks

These are really fun, Diane! They would be appealing to anyone, I think. Girls and guys!!

Old 2011-11-25, 11:07am

Thanks Gaby. MY husband suggested setting a CZ into the chin. I think I'll try that on the next batch.

Old 2011-11-25, 11:10am
http://youtu.be/nGt9jAkWi

I love them
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Vivian

-

Old 2011-11-25, 11:35am
Crispy Critter

Oh, man, I LOVE those!!!

Old 2011-11-25, 11:43am
Fried Cat

Love, love, love these!
Old 2011-11-25, 6:24pm

Thanks again guys. I'm itching to get back out to my studio and make more, but I have tutorials for the next Soda Lime Times to work on first. You are gonna flip when you see the Beads of Courage owls in the January issue!

Old 2011-11-26, 8:06am
I think I could be a bead

I like those hearts! Great job!

Old 2011-11-26, 8:42am
Lampworkaholic!

Very cool. I need to pull out my mask mold.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2011-11-26, 8:52am
Growing Edge Glass

LOVE them!

-glass cabochons, clay pendants~~~
-jewelry~~~
~~~
Old 2011-11-26, 8:59am
Critter Mom

I agree with everyone else, they're wonderful and I think girls are gonna like them as much as the boys.

Old 2011-11-26, 9:41am
Jacqueline Parkes

They are amazing Diane!

Old 2011-11-26, 10:50pm
Dancing Moon Shadows

Wow, I can see the kids loving these!

Oh, and I can't wait to see the owls, Diane!

[/b][/i][/font]
Old 2011-11-26, 11:03pm

I'm continually amazed at how clever you are, Diane, they are perfect for the teen boys.

-D

Donna Felkner -
-
-
-
Old 2011-11-26, 11:59pm
Corgi Cult Member

What a great variation! The kids are sure to love them!

Old 2011-11-30, 9:51am
Ad astra per aspera

Did you take the picture down? I see your post, Diane, but no pic. <pout>

Old 2011-11-30, 10:32am

Hi Karen, Sorry you can't see the photo. It is showing up for me just fine. I hope it's just a temporary glitch.

Old 2011-11-30, 9:40pm

Diane, love those. We collect indigenous art and these look so much like the real thing!

[url="https://www.instagram.com/nohlineartjewelry/]
Old 2011-12-02, 12:59am

Fantastic design, i love how different they are. Am betting some kids will be real happy w them!
Old 2011-12-03, 11:45pm

Those are wonderful, Diane! You're always coming up with great things for the kids @ BOC. Thank you for all that you do and share! You're a bright and shining star.
Hugs,
ginger
Old 2011-12-04, 1:52am

These are wonderful, very special

You can't shine if you don't burn