Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-08-28, 7:07pm
Just Plain

I love this thread and all the cool beads you guys are showing.

Here's some encased T25 over DSP. It's hard to see in the pics, but some of the lighter colors have that pretty pearly lustre...

I think next time I'll try it over a lighter transparent color and see what happens.

Here's some more T25 over clear, not encased...

I'm quite happy with the lustre. I hope they keep making this stuff!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-08-28, 7:20pm
Midnight Torcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayne View Post
I love this thread and all the cool beads you guys are showing.

Here's some encased T25 over DSP. It's hard to see in the pics, but some of the lighter colors have that pretty pearly lustre...

I think next time I'll try it over a lighter transparent color and see what happens.

Here's some more T25 over clear, not encased...

I'm quite happy with the lustre. I hope they keep making this stuff!
WOW!!! Those are gorgeous!
I was lucky enough to snag some T-25. Now I have to find time to torch!

Old 2007-08-28, 7:40pm
Just Plain

Thanks, San! I have a couple more new ones to try also, but can't get to the torch until the weekend.
Don't you just hate waiting?

Old 2007-08-28, 8:07pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Those are gorgeous, Jayne! I made a T-25 bead that I reduced over Hades black and cased.

It had a gorgeous mirror like finish going into the kiln. Hope it stays that way!

Old 2007-08-28, 9:35pm
Just Plain

Thanks, Mary Beth - I can't wait to see yours!

Old 2007-08-28, 10:05pm
Entropy increasing....

Jayne, can I come sit by you?
Old 2007-08-28, 11:13pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
Jayne, can I come sit by you?
I get her other side...dang! Those are gorgeous!

Old 2007-08-29, 1:44am
Entropy increasing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
I get her other side...dang! Those are gorgeous!
Well, ok if I can get to sit by you, too.
Old 2007-08-29, 5:27am
Just Plain

Can somebody build us a triangle table with 3 torches? I'd rather sit by YOU guys!

Old 2007-08-29, 7:09am
yukue fumei

Jayne!--OMG!!! WOW!!! Your beads kill!!! They are amazing!!!

OK-I gotta get some serious torch time tonight or else!!

nagi

Last edited by nagibeads; 2007-08-29 at 9:21am.
Old 2007-08-29, 8:06am
Midnight Torcher

Quote:
Thanks, San! I have a couple more new ones to try also, but can't get to the torch until the weekend.
Don't you just hate waiting?
Boy do I ever hate waiting to torch!
Especially after seeing those gorgeous beads of yours!

Guess the seats next to you are taken... can I peek over your shoulder?

Old 2007-08-29, 9:28am
Just Plain

Gee, thanks you guys! You make me smile, hehehe

Old 2007-08-29, 9:45am

Oh HECK! I didn't mention GELLY! (smack me now!)....darn it--Gelly, you started way after me, but you're sure not making "beginner beads" with that torch anymore *either*!!

And WOW! those lustery purple beads are GORGEOUS!!! Jayne, I those!! Purple is just my favorite!!

new purple cricket @ home! minicc @ playing with fire in rockland! Sue & Nikki fighting over who gets to anneal the wonkies
Old 2007-08-29, 10:22am
novembersfyre everywhere

Well - I got some good color out of my CIM Hades, T-25, cased bead but unfortunately it cracked. I think the CIM is probably the culprit. I anneal higher than most but probably not high enough for the CIM Hades.

But the color I got is pretty cool! There are streaks of iridescent purple that almost look like dichro among blues and greens. I'm going to try a different combo of glass today.

I wonder if this was a precursor or a by product of Psyche? The iridescence reminds me of Gaia except with purple

Old 2007-08-29, 10:28am
Princess Odd . . . lot

OK, now I'm wondering what's up - do the rest of your T25 rods look almost identical to Terra??? That's what mine labeled T25 look like and I didn't get irridescence with it (see my chart o beads earlier in this thread) . . . Maybe I need to play with it some more.
Old 2007-08-29, 10:30am
Princess Odd . . . lot

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryBeth View Post
Well - I got some good color out of my CIM Hades, T-25, cased bead but unfortunately it cracked. I think the CIM is probably the culprit. I anneal higher than most but probably not high enough for the CIM Hades.
I've been putting the silver glasses over Hades and haven't had any problems. I garage and anneal at 968 . . . what kind of clear did you use??
Old 2007-08-29, 10:31am
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

My T-25 worked up just like Terra.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2007-08-29, 10:34am
yukue fumei

My T-25 rods look lighter(caramel color) and a bit transluscent in comparison to Terra.
There are a couple of experimentals that look like Terra.....I have an R colors and another couple of ones I can't remember the numbers off the bat, but they look similar to Terra....
maybe we could all post pics of our rods too?

nagi

Old 2007-08-29, 10:35am
Just Plain

Thanks, Luna!

Old 2007-08-29, 10:52am
put a bird on it

Have been enjoying this thread, so I thought, I'd through mine in....made with the T-28 (I think!) - I should have labeled each rod individually as they seem to vary a lot from rod to rod.......

Loving all the beads here!
Old 2007-08-29, 11:54am
novembersfyre everywhere

Those are nice, Elise

I used Moretti clear to case my bead. My T-25 rods look like a translucent amber color with a weird watery quality about them.

Old 2007-08-29, 12:01pm
novembersfyre everywhere

I just went and checked my glass - oops! The glass I've been talking about is the T-28 - those are the weirdly translucent/transparent rods!

Old 2007-08-29, 12:10pm

DSP= Dark Silver Plumb??
G.
Old 2007-08-29, 12:12pm
Storm Queen

Mary Beth, I've been using CIM Hades like crazy without a problem. I'm guessing it's the encasing that's causing the cracking.

Old 2007-08-29, 12:13pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Can somebody build us a triangle table with 3 torches? I'd rather sit by YOU guys!
Now that's a good idea! I checked last night, I got the same glass but haven't played with it yet. I love what you got out of it Jayne.

Old 2007-08-29, 12:21pm
novembersfyre everywhere

Quote:
Mary Beth, I've been using CIM Hades like crazy without a problem. I'm guessing it's the encasing that's causing the cracking.
Thanks! Maybe I'll try this again without encasing. I don't think the T-28 really needs it anyway.

Old 2007-08-29, 1:39pm
Just Plain

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.L.McBead View Post
DSP= Dark Silver Plumb??
G.
Yes...I think it's too dark though. Next time I'm trying a lighter color. That pic was taken outdoors; indoors it's even darker.

Old 2007-08-29, 1:40pm
Just Plain

Quote:
Now that's a good idea! I checked last night, I got the same glass but haven't played with it yet. I love what you got out of it Jayne.
Thanks!

Old 2007-08-29, 1:46pm
put a bird on it

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryBeth View Post
Those are nice, Elise
Thanks, MaryBeth! Miss seeing you at Bead Bitches!
Old 2007-08-29, 2:15pm
Just Plain

Cool beads, Elise!