Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2015-01-14, 10:51pm

Default Looking for Online Beginner Classes/Webinars

Does anyone know of an online class for beginners, and I mean real beginners. Prefer something in the format of a webinar that even once the class itself is over we would still have access to the material as reference.

If no one is doing this yet, they really should consider it. It is going to be the wave of the future if you ask me. I see folks talking about it, but not able to find someone actually doing it.

Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Houston, TX
Old 2015-01-15, 8:01am

There is a lot of stuff on You Tube, and there used to be a DVD for beginners that I used to start. I think it was by Cindy Jenkins, and may be available from vendors. It was gifted to me, and I passed it on when I was done.

I get what you are saying about an online class, I am just saying that there is a lot of video instruction already out there.
Old 2015-01-15, 9:00am

Glasscraft Webinars, Salem Community College International Flameworking Conference Videos, Corning Studio Class Videos
Old 2015-01-15, 10:59am
Dazed and Confused

IIRC in Houston you're also in Nina 'Sam' Hibler territory.

She's based in San Antonio, which is at least in-state. I know she does a lot of workshops (and is a great teacher if you get a chance to work with her), and her website might have some info on local resources and classes.

Check out http://www.dreamfireglass.com
Old 2015-01-15, 1:19pm
Sam I Am

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedingpullet View Post
IIRC in Houston you're also in Nina 'Sam' Hibler territory.

She's based in San Antonio, which is at least in-state. I know she does a lot of workshops (and is a great teacher if you get a chance to work with her), and her website might have some info on local resources and classes.

Check out http://www.dreamfireglass.com
Thank you for the kind words.

I have a beginning class on February 7th and the follow up class on the 8th if you choose to take 1 and 2 the same weekend. I know it is not an online class but I truly feel an in person hands on beginning class is the best way to go. Whether it's me or someone in Houston.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.