Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Calls for Entries, etc.

Calls for Entries, etc. -- Calls for Entries, Contests, Exhibits, etc.

Old 2011-07-22, 8:00pm
coastie glass

Default Revere Academy scholarship contest 4 beaders

Revere Academy Announces New Scholarship Contest for Beaders
located in San Francisco

Deadline Extended to October 15, 2011

The Revere Academy of Jewelry Arts is offering a new scholarship aimed at the beading community. The respected jewelry school is now offering a complete scholarship for any of its 3-day classes to the winner of its new contest for beaders. The winner will chose from dozens of classes offered each year in a wide range of subjects such as fabrication, stone setting, jewelry design, and more.

The new scholarship contest is open to anyone who makes beaded jewelry and would like to learn more about traditional jewelry making. The winner can select the class of their choice and receive full tuition plus airfare from anywhere in the U.S. as well as lodging in San Francisco, and kit fees. Applications ask for examples of your beaded jewelry along with a statement of why you want to attend the Revere Academy.

“This is a great opportunity for anyone who is passionate about making jewelry and would like to take their skills to the next level,” says the school’s director and founder, Alan Revere. “In just 3 days, the winner will learn an incredible amount from professionals who are eager to share their skills.”

Leslie Strong, a beaded jewelry maker from Bellingham, WA summarized her experience at Revere by saying, “I started out working with beads but soon felt limited by what I could find in catalogs. As a designer, I wanted each element to be of high quality and fit my design. I needed to know at least the basics of fabrication. After a few Revere classes, I learned so much that the possibilities of what I can create are wider than ever before. And the jewelry I make is of greater value too.”

The application deadline is October 15, 2011 and the winner will be announced November 1, 2011. For more details and the link to the online application, visit
http://www.revereacademy.com/guide/s...p-for-beaders/

I am posting this because there are so many people on this bb who are great at beading and would benefit from this. I have no personal agenda or am related to the Revere academy at all.
Barbara
Old 2011-07-22, 8:16pm
grama punky - class junky

Hey Barbara, thanks for posting.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.