Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

View Poll Results: Who do you think is the BEST glass vendor?
Arrow Springs 213 19.02%
CR & Loo, Inc 17 1.52%
Frantz Art Glass 421 37.59%
Howaco Glass 147 13.13%
islandglass!!! 88 7.86%
Jo-Del Glass 47 4.20%
LBSupplies 113 10.09%
Moretti and More 208 18.57%
Sundance Art Glass 38 3.39%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 1120. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-06-07, 2:58am

I'm updating my post (#242) I live on the east coast and have ordered in the past from everyone on the list except for CRLoo. The vendors I use the most are Howaco, ABR and Flamekissed in no particular order.

How is it that a vendor on the west coast is a faster shipper (to the east coast) than most others on the list??

I also find it surprising that 2/3 of the top vendors in the poll are significantly slower to ship and less accurate I might add (IMHO)

Duane
Are LBSupplys and Jodel on the list just for fun??

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-06-10, 12:13pm
Sucks at being nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by demcc2 View Post
Are LBSupplys and Jodel on the list just for fun??
Look at the date of the first post.

Old 2011-06-15, 3:37pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Personally, I like Donna, of “The Mandrel”.
I think she’s calm, collected, efficient, and cool.
She always takes the time to help others,
and her bent backwards pretzel position rules.

She takes pictures and answers questions.
She's overly fair with the "unreasonable gene" afflicted.
She willingly accepts returns and grants refunds,
For glass that was exactly as she depicted.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...

Last edited by chrissij; 2011-06-15 at 7:03pm. Reason: Another stanza...I couldn't help myself.
Old 2011-06-15, 5:04pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Please. This poll is so outdated.

ETA: If you want to get snitty about it, 68.56% of the respondents chose someone other than Frantz.

That said, I like Frantz just fine. I've ordered from them lots of times. What I dislike is unwarranted, pointed, personal, vendettas.

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...

Last edited by chrissij; 2011-06-15 at 6:33pm.
Old 2011-06-15, 5:05pm
Crazy Snake Lady

It's a very old poll. There are people on their that haven't been in business for quite some time.
Old 2011-06-15, 5:35pm

I love Arrow Springs. When I purchase a tool from them, Craig fires up a torch and teaches me how to use it. Can't beat that! As for online ordering Frantz Art Glass is fabulous. Everything arrives quickly and nicely packaged.
Old 2011-06-15, 5:36pm

I forgot Sundance! They have been excellent too.
Old 2011-06-15, 5:38pm
Honey Badger

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissij View Post
Personally, I like Donna, of “The Mandrel”.
I think she’s calm, collected, efficient, and cool.
She always takes the time to help others,
and her bent backwards pretzel position rules.

She takes pictures and answers questions.
She's overly fair with the "unreasonable gene" afflicted.
She willing accepts returns and grants refunds,
For glass that was exactly as she depicted.
BRAVA!

Unreasonable customers she suffers
And tries to fulfill their requests
She is rewarded with crap
From posers that "act"
Without gratitude or grace from those suckers.
Old 2011-06-16, 7:03am
Tacki

Carol, you really need to back up and re-read all the posts in this situation. Donna looks like a saint, and you're coming across as bat-shit crazy. Seriously, it's fucking rubino. Get over it already.
Old 2011-06-16, 7:08am

Is there an applause icon?

I must have subscribed to this thread eons ago, i don't even know what's going on, but you seriously cracked me up with this post. It came to me via email. thanks for making me laugh out loud.
Old 2011-06-16, 7:48am
My opinion not needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracidawn78 View Post
Carol, you really need to back up and re-read all the posts in this situation. Donna looks like a saint, and you're coming across as bat-shit crazy. Seriously, it's fucking rubino. Get over it already.

Old 2011-06-16, 7:49am
My opinion not needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by lldesigns View Post
It's a very old poll. There are people on their that haven't been in business for quite some time.
Exactly. What's the date on this poll....2006?

Old 2011-06-16, 8:55am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by tracidawn78 View Post
I think this post belongs in the Rubino thread too.

Old 2011-06-16, 9:21am
Oinky Oink!

Maybe we need a new poll??

Christy
Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken. ~Oscar Wilde
Old 2011-06-16, 9:28am
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by misspiggy View Post
Maybe we need a new poll??
No, we really don't. There was a reason why this thread was started and it had nothing to do with who the best supplier was. It was a vendetta against one. Similar to what Carol is doing now.

Old 2011-06-16, 9:29am
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
No, we really don't. There was a reason why this thread was started and it had nothing to do with who the best supplier was. It was a vendetta against one. Similar to what Carol is doing now.
Yep.

Old 2011-06-16, 9:41am
Rose colored glasses…√

Besides, Christy would post it in the bathroom anyway...

me misspiggy

Old 2011-06-16, 10:20am
"Sinners have soul too"

I love that the person who has the "Jesus loves you and so do I" in her sig line has the need to come and try to screw someone who's been working her ass off the past 6 years to build a good reputation by posting in a thread from 5 years ago.

You got your glass 2 days after I sent it out, after I took the time to strike the ends and post photos of what it looked like, I ASKED YOU IF YOU WANTED ME TO SEND IT. I had more than 1 death in my family in a weeks time, one directly and one indirectly (which is really none of your business)... I wasn't even home when the returned glass got here... I let you know that I would send your refund when I was able to get to my scales and weigh what you sent back, and that is exactly what I did. So tell me exactly why I would be a "BAD" vendor???

I slept well last night, I don't need a god to tell me if I'm a good person, I have a conscience.

Sorry girls, it doesn't rhyme... but how's this:

There was a girl from Nantucket...

Shit, never mind...

Last edited by zen-mom; 2011-06-16 at 10:55am. Reason: Wouldn't wanna get it wrong...
Old 2011-06-16, 11:09am
Formerly FishBulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen-mom View Post
I love that the person who has the "Jesus loves you and so do I" in her sig line has the need to come and try to screw someone who's been working her ass off the past 6 years to build a good reputation by posting in a thread from 5 years ago.

You got your glass 2 days after I sent it out, after I took the time to strike the ends and post photos of what it looked like, I ASKED YOU IF YOU WANTED ME TO SEND IT. I had more than 1 death in my family in a weeks time, one directly and one indirectly (which is really none of your business)... I wasn't even home when the returned glass got here... I let you know that I would send your refund when I was able to get to my scales and weigh what you sent back, and that is exactly what I did. So tell me exactly why I would be a "BAD" vendor???

I slept well last night, I don't need a god to tell me if I'm a good person, I have a conscience.

Sorry girls, it doesn't rhyme... but how's this:

There was a girl from Nantucket...

Shit, never mind...

I've been refraining from posting in the Rubino thread and here for days now, but since it keeps coming up I've found my self-control has gone AWOL. I just want to add my support for Donna here.

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2011-06-16, 12:03pm
My opinion not needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
Bingo!

Old 2011-06-16, 12:05pm
My opinion not needed

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBulb View Post

I've been refraining from posting in the Rubino thread and here for days now, but since it keeps coming up I've found my self-control has gone AWOL. I just want to add my support for Donna here.

Old 2011-06-16, 12:44pm

After reading the rubino thread, I have decided to order my next round of glass from
The Mandrel, just because.
Old 2011-06-16, 12:49pm
Astro Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by FishBulb View Post

me too.
my Scorpion!
Old 2011-06-16, 12:55pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I love you people!

Dee, I just wanna shnuggle that kitty face in your avi!

Old 2011-06-16, 1:09pm
Storm Queen

I hope this brings you a lot of business Donna. Anyone that reads the rubino thread in the Customer Service Kiosk will see that you totally bent over backwards to try to make a customer happy.

Old 2011-06-16, 1:22pm

Donna, the customer from hell is lucky she didn't order the glass from my DH. He probably would have had Lily (our youngest dog) pee all over it before he shipped it just to give her a little mystery to solve. Would that make it something to post in the bathroom?
Old 2011-06-16, 1:33pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Donna's getting my next glass order. If I could afford to fill her coffers, I would.

Old 2011-06-16, 1:43pm
"Sinners have soul too"

You guys make me get all misty eyed, thanks so much!

I'm making beads with a couple of my rods of the "awful" rubino (not the stuff she was sent) but some from the same batch. I think I need to auction them off and help Miss Maddie with some of her medical bills.

My back hurts from the stress of it all. I wish that thread would disappear, it makes me sad...

Old 2011-06-16, 1:44pm
"Sinners have soul too"

BTW, I'm going to sage the returned glass and get rid of the bad juju.

Old 2011-06-16, 1:56pm
Glass Hive Kiln Tech.

Donna, need a smudge stick? Sending hugs from the north.

It's not what you look at that matters, it's what you see.
Henry David Thoreau