LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials

Old 2008-07-23, 7:59am
Broken

I've used the harbor freight mini chop saw for sterling, copper, brass and aluminum and not had a problem. You do have to go slower for the thicker walled tubing but it's worth it

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-07-23, 8:13am

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgurden View Post
i think that its getting so hot that the tubing is melting a bit. i even tried to freeze the tubing. i read somewhere to cap the tubing and put water in and freeze it but that is too much work for me. so much easier to use the jewelers saw. keep turning the tube as you cut. the sawblade bogs down as you go deeper into the tube and if you rotate and cut you wont need to. i actually learn to cut tubing when i was taking a metalsmithing class. we were cutting tubing, soldering to a silver base and using the tubing to hold gemstones. its really a pretty technique. i just tried something mechanical ie chopsaw because i thought it would be faster.
Are you sure the blade is in the correct way on the saw?

Andrea