LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2012-11-03, 2:48pm

Default tonips - Trailer finally set up to work!

Well, I finally finished the new glass storage, and it gave me plenty of space to store all the glass I've accumulated since the first studio and then some.

Ran my first full kiln load yesterday, and the heat dissipates quite well with the help of a small fan. I was a little concerned about having the kiln so close to the PVC glass storage, but it doesn't get that hot.

I've put in a movable/removable ventilation system for the moment, so the motor for it is away from the work space and won't be so noisy. When it gets too cold to have all the concession windows open, I have a plan B to build the ventilation unit into. Hopefully I can put that off for a couple of months.

Still have lots of empty shelving to the rear of the workspace (which is actually the front of the trailer where the tongue is, but the work space faces out the back and sides. Trying to sort out what to install on the remaining shelves and what to leave out. Don't want it to get too heavy.

Planning to make a canvas wrap-around cover for the glass storage itself as well as the while shelving unit for when the trailer is on the road, but again, that's on the list for this winter. Not planning to go anywhere just yet. Right now I have everything bungee corded to the shelf unit itself so nothing will move, and the shelving units will be fastened to the back wall when it comes time to travel. The tools will go into a box to keep them from bouncing around, but it's nice to have everything at hand to work.

Now let's see if I can upload a couple of pictures.
Old 2012-11-03, 2:57pm

Well, that didn't go as planned. Should have put spaces in after each picture. Sorry about that.
Old 2012-11-03, 3:08pm
GLASS ADDICT

no need to be sorry, and btw awsome job on that mobile setup!
Old 2012-11-03, 4:06pm

Thanks so much. It's finally coming together, and it's such a lovely place to work with all the light. After being in a rather dark garage for the last couple of years, this is heaven!

Toni
Old 2012-11-03, 6:53pm
Gentleman of Leisure

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonips View Post
Well, that didn't go as planned. Should have put spaces in after each picture. Sorry about that.
This on just one of many reasons you are allowed to "edit" post after submitting them... Anyway... Neat concept and set up of trailer...

Dale

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Vendor-Artist-Studio-Teacher Registry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
San Francisco - A Few Toys Short of a Happy Meal
Old 2012-11-03, 8:06pm

Wahoo! That is really awesome. I really like that light coming in your window! Great view!

Jen
Old 2012-11-03, 10:24pm
Slogan Challenged...

I'll bet you are glad you are finished. What a good place to have your space.

--------------
Kristin ~
Old 2012-11-06, 4:06pm

Looks great and the light is wonderful!

Georgia
Old 2013-10-02, 11:14am
I fart diamonds

Nice! I'm so jealous!!

Old 2013-10-02, 6:11pm
Salt Box Beads

Well done. I like the view too.
Old 2013-10-02, 10:33pm

Smile Good job!

wow, beautiful setup & love your views and light.

Congrats!
Old 2013-10-03, 11:03am
Slogan Challenged...

I want to say again, such a cool space!! Myself, I might be tempted to move that kiln lower and closer but that might just be me. How is that all working out, have you had a chance to use it, yet?

Facebook:

Etsy:

Old 2013-10-06, 1:21am
They see me rollin'...

Wow, that's really nice!!

-Patti
Old 2013-10-24, 10:56am
I'm meeeeelting

Fantastic!

Foot Pedal Tutorial:

Kevlar Fingerless Gloves:
Old 2013-11-19, 2:23pm
Senior Moment

Gee I'm not sure y ou got enough ventilation there!...
Love the work space.

Old 2013-11-20, 3:07am
><>

Very cool!
"In the whole world I have no twin, and my face is not me. I am someone under the skin others see only in glances."
"I can live with not being popular,but not with compromising my beliefs in order to fit in." jh
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil." Thomas Mann
Old 2013-11-21, 10:03am

Wonderful set up!
I would like to see an outside view of the type of trailer you used.
I would love to have something like that.

Old 2013-11-21, 10:06pm

Nice. I need more ideas like this. I plan on getting a 5th wheel toy hauler and using that back end for a studio on the move. We will be retiring in few short years. We live in Alaska and want to go outside in the winter and back here in the summer. That toy hauler area will be a nice work shop
Old 2015-04-01, 8:05am

Default tonips

Just an addendum to my original comments. Since I set up the studio, I've retired and moved it to NC, and in a couple of months I will be relocating yet again to TN.

The studio is perfect for me, but I've revamped it a couple of times inside, as I found that two shelving units were actually too much, and the space could be better utilized for another shorter table for jewelry making. If I decide to do the show circuit next year, I want to have a tent setup in the back of my truck to avoid the hotel costs. Thought of putting a folding bed in the trailer, but bits of glass seem to be everywhere, and I want to avoid having them in my hide!

One of the most useful things I did when having this trailer built was to have 50 amp power everywhere. I bought a set of ramp downs for it so I can basically plug in anywhere, but with everything running including a portable ac unit, I've never tripped a breaker.
Old 2015-04-01, 7:39pm

Nice!

Lanford BeadWorks
Old 2015-04-02, 5:36pm

Toni - I just saw your post about moving to TN? How have you been? I haven't torched in ages, or beaded much at all. Megs is sick and our lives have revolved around that for the last few months. Are you coming back to Fla any time for a trip or anything?

Hugs - jen