Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-01-03, 11:09am
I fart diamonds

Default Uroboros Cotton Candy Grape: Pictures?

I freakin LOVE this color, but I never use it for anything other than spacers. It just looks so lovely in rod form that I'd hate to ruin it with my mangled attempts to make something pretty.

Encased in Grape, Urobium Pink, Neon Orchid, unencased

Does anyone else love this color? Have you done anything with it? Pics, please.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-01-03, 11:12am
I'm a lilac!

I have it, but I haven't figured out what to do with it yet! I don't think I've used it for anything.

Old 2013-01-03, 12:23pm
Lampworkaholic!

It's pretty with pink frit. I'll make some and post pics.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2013-01-03, 12:29pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth Beads View Post
It's pretty with pink frit. I'll make some and post pics.
Ooooh! And I just made a couple of new pink blends!

Old 2013-01-03, 4:14pm
HotFlash Designs

that's a pretty purple!!!

Be Curious. Not judgmental.
Old 2013-01-03, 5:35pm
Lampworkaholic!

Well I only had half a rod of the Cotton Candy (and a bunch of Lilac). I made some beads and the Cotton Candy looked like it might strike to pink, similar to Bullseye Peony Pink. I could not get it to strike except in streaks, I probably wasn't patient enough. Now I *need* more of this color.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2013-01-04, 4:35am

You could do half and half lentils with a pale transparent as the other half and a swirl in the middle. Simple but pretty.

I'm thinking something like sculptural bell flowers would look lovely too.

|
|
|
|
Old 2013-01-16, 10:09am
I fart diamonds

No one has pics?

Old 2013-01-16, 10:55am
Lampworkaholic!

I'm not sure this is the best use of the Grape, but here it is with my Boysenberry frit blend.
Attached Images

Old 2013-01-16, 10:58am

I have it also but don't think I have any pix ... it's beautiful as a soft lavendar base under frit blends. Let me look around ... see if I can find where I have any. I think the finished necklaces sold long ago.

Old 2013-01-16, 11:27am
The torch awaits you!

I know that the Cotton Candy Grape & Cotton Candy Pink were discontinued in the sheet & frit form. Is it still available in rods?

Old 2013-01-16, 12:09pm

Okay ... a couple quick pix. Not the best. It is a 3-d day here (dark, dank and dreary).

Two shots of the same beads (one was too dark the other too light ... adjusted the white point on both)

On the left(front) Val Cox Montemarre frit on the right (back) Frit Diva Spaceball or BeHappy can't remember which. Both layered overtop of Cotton Candy Grape.

I think the CC Grape is still available in rod ... It's still on several vendors websites. Would be good to know if it is going to disappear.

Last edited by MagpieGlass; 2013-01-16 at 12:12pm.
Old 2013-01-16, 1:02pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Smith View Post
I know that the Cotton Candy Grape & Cotton Candy Pink were discontinued in the sheet & frit form. Is it still available in rods?
Cotton Candy Grape is still available in rod form. I don't think they ever made Cotton Candy Pink in rod.

Old 2013-01-16, 1:04pm
I fart diamonds

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagpieGlass View Post
Okay ... a couple quick pix. Not the best. It is a 3-d day here (dark, dank and dreary).

Two shots of the same beads (one was too dark the other too light ... adjusted the white point on both)

On the left(front) Val Cox Montemarre frit on the right (back) Frit Diva Spaceball or BeHappy can't remember which. Both layered overtop of Cotton Candy Grape.

I think the CC Grape is still available in rod ... It's still on several vendors websites. Would be good to know if it is going to disappear.
Nice! I like the blues!

Old 2013-01-16, 8:58pm
one day at a time

Here it is with Monet frit.

Old 2013-01-20, 3:54pm
Ave

I just bought some of this color.. I love it!! I mixed it with trans neon orchid and my own frit recipe for the beads for this necklace..
Avery

Old 2013-01-20, 4:20pm
Lampworkaholic!

Pretty beads Laura, Lisa and Avery!,

I found two more long rods in my stash. Squeee!

Going to have a play with it this week and will post pix.