Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2007-04-11, 8:04am

Default Any one tried a Hellcat yet?

I would love to hear a review as soon a someone has a chance to try it out. It was just in the Carlisle newsletter that the hellcat is ready for the public.

Brad

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Now Fully Stocked!!!!
Old 2007-04-11, 8:41am
Temptress

I can't give you too much of a review, but I did get to play with it for a little bit at the Expo in Vegas. Both my current torches are GTT's (a Cheetah & a Lynx) and I had been giving consideration to a Barracuda (and a Phantom which I have not tried) since I tried one of those last year. I liked the Hellcat better than the Barracuda so I chose the Hellcat instead and did the preorder for it since it seems like a great price. It's a hot little puppy but doesn't throw as much heat to the side as I thought it would. I was able to make a medium sized pendant in about 1/3 of the time it takes me on my Lynx and the flame adjustments had all the flexibility I needed (which may not be saying much).
I had talked with the Unlimited Oxy guys about putting it on a generator, but they said the 20psi the tornado puts out is too much for it. Last I heard they were debating whether or not it would take 2 or 3 M15's to run it so I will run the center on a generator and the outer ring on tanked oxy.
Sorry it not much of a review, but it's all I got I'm eagerly anticipating its arrival which is currently scheduled for the end of the month.
Old 2007-04-11, 1:05pm
Save the Numbats

I tried hell cat ascii art, but it just didn't work...

No, I haven't tried heard of those yet...
Old 2007-04-11, 1:33pm
<--- Time traveler

Brad -

Hands off my torch, dude.

Courtney

P.S. I haven't gotten to try one but I have been jonesing for this torch for more than a year. And I have no reasonable excuse to get one!
Old 2007-04-11, 2:27pm
maybe tomorrow

you need a reasonable excuse? well damn.

Old 2007-04-11, 2:30pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Courtney the fact that you haven't found an excuse yet counts as an excuse to get it

Old 2007-04-11, 2:44pm
Cats & Glass!

Larry and I are going to be trying one out - I want to upgrade from my Mini - which I love, but sometimes isn't big enough. This thread got me thinking about probably also needing a second concentrator or switching full time to oxy.

I'll definitely post a review when the torch gets here (probably early May).

Janelle

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -
Old 2007-04-11, 2:58pm
<--- Time traveler

You're right, guys - surely I would be able to discover a good excuse if I only had one in hand. I mean, who cares if I've made eleven beads in the past year and I have no oxy tanks and no high-powered concentrators. I NEED it!

No kidding, I have been following the progress of this torch for a long time and have been pestering the Carlisle folks about it every few months. I've spent more time following up on this torch than I have making beads!

Toni, I didn't post in the S&T thread but while you're "on the line" I meant to tell you that your new tie-dye-inspired beads are TDF!
Old 2007-04-11, 3:42pm
maybe tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by cghipp View Post
You're right, guys - surely I would be able to discover a good excuse if I only had one in hand. I mean, who cares if I've made eleven beads in the past year and I have no oxy tanks and no high-powered concentrators. I NEED it!

No kidding, I have been following the progress of this torch for a long time and have been pestering the Carlisle folks about it every few months. I've spent more time following up on this torch than I have making beads!

Toni, I didn't post in the S&T thread but while you're "on the line" I meant to tell you that your new tie-dye-inspired beads are TDF!
Thanks Courtney! It's so nice to be getting the good feedback on them! Hey, are you going to the Gathering this year? If so, I'll see you there!

Old 2007-04-12, 5:34am
<--- Time traveler

I can't go this year! I'm kind of depressed about it. It's absolutely un-write-offable for me as a business expense for 2007, plus I'm having my tonsils out this summer so I'll be out of commission (and money, and vacation time) as a result. I am SO disappointed that I won't be able to see you guys. I had an excellent roommate last year who I was looking forward to rooming with again. And I was really excited about going to Minneapolis - I've never been there before. I'm just going to pin my hopes on Oakland and hope my buddies will be there!

(P.S. Do you remember what I said about the reason for your more colorful beads at the Gathering last year? Wonder what that means in terms of your NEW beads?)
Old 2007-04-12, 9:36am
maybe tomorrow

Geez, I can't even remember last month, let alone last year. Pm'ing you so you can remind me.

Old 2007-04-12, 10:28am

Courtney,
I understand perfectly the need for another torch!!
I'm sorry you can't make the Gathering. If you remind me to bring my camera I'll take photos! I just set up wireless on my laptop so hopefully that works from anywhere!!

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-04-13, 6:15am
<--- Time traveler

Paula - That's really so sweet of you to offer, but don't take photos unless you really want to! Don't get me wrong, everyone wants to see photos from the Gathering. But I took my camera last year and didn't take a single shot, because I was just having too much fun NOT being behind a camera!