No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2007-02-21, 9:30am
critter creator

Default International Flameworking Conference

Who's going to the International Flameworking Conference?

If you didn't know, this is a GREAT (and very affordable!) conference which happens in southern New Jersey. Very laid back, but lots of incredible demos and suppliers galore!

March 16-18.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by vetropod; 2007-02-21 at 9:53am.
Old 2007-02-22, 12:21pm

I AM, I AM!!!!! Second year going. LOVE IT! My friend and I are arriving on Friday but we are going to Wheaton Village (another MUST DO). Last year the demo on Saturday evening was amazing - a Carlisle torch made out of blown glass. And the murini demo was great too. PM'ing you.
Old 2007-02-22, 12:31pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

John and I will be there.

Also Available in
: my Electroforming for Everyone booklet.

Old 2007-02-22, 10:35pm

I want to go but I think there are too many bridges in the way. I'll have to pull out a map this weekend and figure it all out for sure!

Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-02-22, 10:51pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

You can do it, Paula! LOL! We're getting there Thursday and leaving Monday. Staying at the Holiday Inn Select. I think John is bringing his kilt. Wooohoooo!

Also Available in

Old 2007-02-23, 5:56am
Beach Brat

I'm going! I'll be there all 3 days. This is my first year for the conference, though I've been to glass classes at Salem Community College. I'm very excited!

It's more than just a bead; it's an adventure

Old 2007-02-27, 7:45am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

So how will we recognize one another???? Maybe I'll wear my "got tink?" shirt or something.

Also Available in

Old 2007-02-27, 12:00pm
Beach Brat

Maybe we should wear name tags that say "Hi my name is: JRANDRUP on LE".

Old 2007-02-27, 8:45pm

I'll be the one screaming everytime I go over a bridge!!

Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-02-28, 10:36am

Since we do get name badges, we write "Member of Lampwork Etc" on our badge as a way to identify ourselves. We could also pick a table in the gynasium for lunch and all meet?
Old 2007-02-28, 11:12am
Beach Brat

That would be fun.

Old 2007-03-07, 11:49am
critter creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tink View Post
So how will we recognize one another????
Well, I'll be the one carrying around a case of glass insects to trade for other cool stuff.

EVERYONE BRING YOUR TRADE GOODS!!!

Old 2007-03-07, 2:31pm

Smile

Hey Tink! It will be great to see you and John again!! Wesley, looking forward to seeing my ol' buddy and "younger twin"!

This conference is a very low key and casual conference. It's small and fun to mingle with all the various artists and characters. Wear your bead work! How better then to be recognized! Don't forget to submit something for display in the special exhibit.

I'm so ready to get out of this cold Chicago weather !

Ofilia
Old 2007-03-08, 8:38pm

Ofilia, what is the special exhibit?

Okay, forget that question! It's amazing what can be learned from reading (duh!) Well, I'm psyched, and looking forward to meeting everyone there!!!!!

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio
GTT Phantom & 2-Integra 10's

Last edited by Renee; 2007-03-08 at 9:59pm.
Old 2007-03-09, 8:21am
critter creator

Ofilia is talking about the "Community Exhibit." Everyone can bring a piece of their work to be put on display for the duration of the Conference.

More info here:
http://www.salemcc.org/glass/flamewo...ityExhibit.pdf
Old 2007-03-09, 9:42am
Missing presumed fed

As if I'd put any of my work on display in that crowd. It's a humbling experience.
Old 2007-03-09, 12:04pm

It seems last year was the first time the "Community Exhibit" was held. Does anyone who was there last year know approximately what percentage of attendees submitted work for the exhibit (rough guess)?

I was all enthusiastic about doing this till I read Emily's post. Okay, that was a reality check!

So, is anyone here going to exhibit their work???

Note to self ~ don't knowingly embarrass yourself!

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio

Old 2007-03-09, 12:23pm
Missing presumed fed

OK, I should say -- I've only gone one year, and they didn't have a Community Exhibit that year. But the quality of the people who demonstrated was awesome. If I were Wesley and Ofilia, I'd go right ahead and display some things, but I'm not. (And I don't know if I'm going to make it this year, anyway -- definitely not for the whole thing, possibly for one day).
Old 2007-03-09, 1:38pm

Some of the display pieces were submitted by current students at the college. Go to http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid15569836 and you will see some of the pictures I took from the exhibit.
Old 2007-03-09, 1:42pm
I WISH I had that figure!

Yea, humbling alright. I'm nervous about even wearing my own jewelry LOL!!

Yes, I'll have "LE" on my name badge, PLEASE say hi!!! Also will be Wheaton and there all 3 days and am a single-mingle.

Carolyn

My eBay auctions:

Last edited by Carolyn; 2007-03-09 at 1:42pm. Reason: spelling
Old 2007-03-09, 1:43pm
I WISH I had that figure!

Oh my heavens!! Bring trade goods?? Maybe I'll just bring my CHECKBOOK.

My eBay auctions:
Old 2007-03-09, 4:21pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolyn View Post
Oh my heavens!! Bring trade goods?? Maybe I'll just bring my CHECKBOOK.
LOL ! Yeah, me too! I'm going to be there all 3 days + Wheaton, & single-mingle. Have checkbook, will travel; but, I'll put a small stash in my pocket!

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio

Old 2007-03-09, 4:27pm
critter creator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fourpawsglass View Post
Some of the display pieces were submitted by current students at the college. Go to http://www.PictureTrail.com/gid15569836 and you will see some of the pictures I took from the exhibit.
Weird. I don't remember seeing a single one of those last year! I DO see my piece in the background of the goblet photo, though. So obviously they were taken last year, but... Was I THAT oblivious?!?
Old 2007-03-10, 10:33pm

Hey Tink and John and Wes have fun..I've decided to hang out in CT since my Lauscha order gets here Monday.
Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-03-12, 10:47am

Smile

I didn't exhibit last year in the Community event.. but this year, I rediscovered (after cleaning out a closet) a little display I made that holds three fish, so I'll bring it with.

There is no reason to be shy! If we don't show what we got, what's the sense of making it?! Be proud.... show us what you made! I can't wait till Friday!!!! Yea, get out-a-town!!! I'm so cabin fevered out .

Ofilia
Old 2007-03-12, 1:00pm

I'll be there, I'll be there! And I'll have all kinds of Lauscha info and stuff at my booth. Please come say hi....

Marcie
Old 2007-03-12, 5:06pm

Default Room sharing?

Hello!
Looks like I might be able to actually make the conference! I'm looking forward to meeting all of you folks!

I don't have a room reserved yet though. Is anyone seeking a room share by any chance? Holiday Select, as I hear it, is the preferred one.

Hey Tink and John, looks like I'll meet you sooner than July! woohoo!

-Virginia
Old 2007-03-12, 6:06pm

Eeck. I just got my huge Lauscha order in and I think I must just run away from home instead of unpack it all. If I do maybe I'll run down to N.J. I guess it all depends on how the rest of the week goes!

Paula

Like US on Facebook !
Old 2007-03-13, 1:57am

Marcie, glad you'll be there! You can count on my stopping by and saying "hi".

Paula, come on down! There's no excuse now!

I'm so excited to meet everyone there!!!!

Renee
Blue Moon Glass Studio

Old 2007-03-13, 9:21am

Oh Forgot I have a St.Patrick's Party! Can't miss that!

Paula

Like US on Facebook !