Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2014-04-04, 7:04am
susanLambert

Default Swarovski Crystals

Anyone know a good source? My 'almost' daughter in law wants earrings for her wedding, and you know... I want them to be exactly what she is looking for. So I'm hunting for the correct crystals. I can't find the exact color (peridot) in the exact shape. 8mm flat briolette. So I'm going to the jewelry experts here to see if anyone knows where I can hunt for them.
Thanks!
Susan

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2014-04-04, 12:42pm
Senior Moment

Is this what you're looking for Susan?:

http://www.lovetocrystal.com/item/8m...cr/lid=1438581

HTH
Alli

I never finish anything. I have a black belt in partial arts.
Old 2014-04-04, 2:07pm
susanLambert

thanks it isn't. But I'm starting to think they don't make what we are looking for.

Old 2014-04-04, 10:17pm

I have used Swarovski flat briolettes #6012 but a quick search didn't find any in Peridot. Maybe a peridot CZ or gemstone bead would work?
I don't know this seller, it just popped up in search.
http://www.etsy.com/listing/59580222...craft_supplies

Last edited by Carrie T.; 2014-04-04 at 10:18pm. Reason: autocorrect hates me...
Old 2014-04-11, 12:23pm
too many rods in the fire

Blue Mud has been my go-to for Swarkies etc for the past several years. Perhaps they will have what you are looking for? Best of luck, and it hope you are able to make exactly what you are envisioning!

Old 2014-05-01, 5:53pm
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

It looks to me like Swarovski doesn't use "peridot" as a color name - but olivine is pretty close:

https://beadsngems.com/8mm/459-swaro...tal-beads.html

Fire Mountain has REAL peridot briolettes.

L-111

Old 2014-05-02, 1:15am
picking Job's Tears

From a mineral point of view peridot and olivine are the same thing.
Rainbow of Light has flat briolettes 11mm in olivine
http://rainbowsoflight.com/swarovski...ndant-olivine/
(special order, in 144 (factory) package size only)
and 15mm ones in packages of 72 pieces, also special order:
http://rainbowsoflight.com/swarovski...ndant-olivine/
-
-
-

Palms Etc. tropical seeds and cuttings:

HotHead on bulk propane and a Glasshive kiln

Last edited by maren; 2014-05-02 at 1:20am. Reason: add 15mm info