Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Calls for Entries, etc.

Calls for Entries, etc. -- Calls for Entries, Contests, Exhibits, etc.

Old 2007-04-20, 9:21am
Queen Hermit

I have some......I will take better pictures and send them........I hope I'm good enough or is what you want............here's one, I'll retake (better pic)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
K28

Old 2007-04-24, 12:57pm
wabbit swayer

Quick question... how does one fill in the blanks on a pdf file in order to email it back ?
Do I need to print it out, fill it in by hand and then scan it back in as an image file?

MiniCC, bottled propane, 10LPM oxycon
Old 2007-04-24, 11:44pm
Fire and Fluidity

I had the same question about how to provide a "real" signature.

-Don-

"It all depends on how you look at things" said the Churkendoose.

Old 2007-04-25, 12:01am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Some folks have printed the form, signed it, then sent it via snail mail. Others have printed, signed, then scanned it in to send it via email. And one person printed it, signed it, then faxed it back to me. 419-574-4017 is my fax number.

Also Available in
: my Electroforming for Everyone booklet.

Old 2007-04-25, 5:51am
wabbit swayer

ok.. Thanks Tink!

MiniCC, bottled propane, 10LPM oxycon
Old 2007-04-28, 5:34am

Default Process Shots?

Are you accepting process shots???

The vessel is still on the mandrel! LOL....those core forms.

Deanna

Old 2007-05-04, 4:35pm

William...those hollows are amazing!

Old 2007-05-04, 5:08pm

Vickie, have all your birds been vessels? I didn't notice that before until I saw the cork. I really love them. I collect birds, so someday I will probably have to have one.

Old 2007-05-04, 5:21pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Deanna, just looking for finished shots at this point. I'm happy to say that more submissions have been coming in. Thank you! I have three versions of the presentation: One that IS just The Tink Show (as that's what is sometimes expected), one that is kind of an expanded Tink Show that talks about where I live, the Glass Pavilion, my history as an artist, etc..

The final one is more about the vessels themselves: Vessels from a historical perspective, functionality, etc.. This is the presentation wherein I'll be using the submitted images. I've been adding to it as new images come in, and will continue to do so for the forseeable future.

Thanks so much for your submissions and input!

Also Available in

Old 2007-05-04, 5:34pm
I'm a lilac!

Damn it I keep forgetting about this... I have a pic, and then I dled the form and lost it.

Old 2007-05-07, 5:05am
StudioMarcy

It's too late now, isn't it?

Marcy

Marcy Lamberson
Studio Marcy
Old 2007-05-07, 6:53am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

It's never too late, Marcy!

I will be adding images to my presentation on an ongoing basis.

Also Available in

Old 2007-05-08, 3:43am

That's good to know, that you still want pictures... We're just suppose to post them to this thread? You don't want us to email you a huge version of the picture at some point in time? If it's still sunny tomorrow I might get some pictures taken!

You can use mine as a before Tink (ie self taught) and after Tink... I'm taking your Friday class in Rockland Maine in July!

Lynne

Send me an email or a PM
I answer everything, any excuse not to do something useful!
Old 2007-05-08, 3:07pm
Dildo Kween!

hummmmmm interesting.

My Tutorials have been FREE since 2001

Old 2007-05-08, 3:35pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

I need high quality images that are appropriate for digital viewing... i.e. PowerPoint. They don't need to be print quality.

Also Available in

Old 2007-05-08, 10:29pm

I'll try to send some tomorrow!

Sadie

Old 2007-05-09, 1:50pm

Tink, I just got an email back saying that your mailbox is full !

Let us know when you want more pictures!

Lynne

Send me an email or a PM
I answer everything, any excuse not to do something useful!
Old 2007-05-09, 3:55pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

Hi guys!

LOTS of folks have sent me HUGE files over the last few days. As I'm out of the country, I've been grabbing my email with my laptop, but not downloading the mail off the server, so that it will be there when I get home.

How about if we impose a moratorium on new photos until June 5th? I can't do anything with them while I'm away anyhow.

Thanks!

Also Available in

Old 2007-05-10, 6:32am
Bead Scientist

Oops, Patti, I hadn't checked up on this thread in a while and missed your question. Yes, the sculptural birds are all vessels. Most are made with Tink's blown vessel method for the body, then head and wings added. I have also made a few with Jennifer Geldard's vessel technique, where both the neck and bottom of the vessel are supported and the body is built like a hollow, then the head and wings are added. Those tend to be be larger.

I haven't made any birds in a few weeks and tried recently, only to have some losses. It's hard to keep it all warm until everything is finished! This bird has a last minute "tink" in one wing which I couldn't find until it was cool.

Tink, do you want to collect photos ongoing into the future? I already submitted three, but they will continue to evolve I hope.

Vickie

Old 2007-06-26, 4:56pm
Ezzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
Those bird vessels are drop dead gorgeous.
Everything is drop dead gorgeous!
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Old 2007-07-02, 9:03am

I dropped the ball on this one ... grr ... Is it still worth sending to you?

Old 2007-07-02, 10:11am
tinkmartin.etsy.com

It's definitely still worth sending! This is really an open-ended proposition: The dates mentioned above were for being able to include others' works in my presentation in Spain in May.

More and more of the venues where I teach ask that I do either a scholarly presentation or personal presentation: the Appalachian Center for Craft, Corning... So I have lots of opportunities coming up to help you guys show off your work

Also Available in

Old 2007-07-02, 6:05pm

Whoo hooo .... I'll make sure I get on it!

Old 2007-10-20, 6:39am

Hi Tink..I feel so lucky to have looked at LE right now, I am one of the "once a year if that observers". I would love to be a part of this. Do you need only the photos..any description or how to ? When is the deadline..can it be something I already have completed?
Pam Wolfersberger

STOP to see my new etsy shop!

Old 2007-10-22, 9:44pm
tinkmartin.etsy.com

There's no deadline for this. I only ask that the works submitted meet the above listed requirements. I have received some really great images of very nice work only to find that the submissions were not true vessels.

Also Available in