Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2007-05-12, 1:00pm

I agree. Bottom line is each person can purchase where they see fit. I think being informed of other's experiences helps us to make our decision of who to support based on our comfort level. For example if it was just the chance of getting smokey glass, I wouldn't worry about it. Add that to multiple other posts over the years and my comfort level changes.

Every time I read these threads I am reminded of a bulk buy I did once. I wish I had weighed the bundles when they came in. I remember delivering one friend's order to her and thinking, man this seems light for this much $$$. It never occured to me until later that it could have actually been light. I'm not saying light as in specifically set out to cheat a customer, but I don't think I was holding the several pounds that the bundles should have weighed. At any rate, over the years I have noticed the friend, doesn't interact the same with me any more. I shutter at the thought that she may assume I'm the one that shorted her.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2007-05-12, 1:11pm

Correct me if I am wrong, but we live in a country where a person is free to make their own decisions in choosing who they purchase items from. NO ONE is holding a knife to your throats to shop with Jo-Del. Don't shop with her if you don't like the way she conducts business. There are thousands of vendors to choose from. I honestly thought the information I posted earlier would be useful to those in this forum since this thread was started with the purpose of inquiring as to her situation. If this thread had the sole purpose of slandering Jo-Del, I would have never answered it in the first place. I thought Lampwork Etc. was a place to share ideas and information. I am very disappointed with some of the personal and slanderous remarks that were made. A more mature and professional tact would have been more appropriate.

I choose to shop with Jo-Del until such time as she proves otherwise.
Old 2007-05-12, 1:31pm
Shine your bright side!

Tracy, I don't think you know what "slander" means.

Here is the legal definition:
SLANDER - A false defamation (expressed in spoken words, signs, or gestures) which injures the character or reputation of the person defamed.

The information being shared isn't false. Many people have had bad experiences dealing with Jo-Del.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Website!
"When you discover your mission, you will feel its demand. It will fill you with enthusiasm and a burning desire to get to work on it." - W. Clement Stone
Old 2007-05-12, 2:34pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Tracy, I don't think you know what "slander" means.

Here is the legal definition:
SLANDER - A false defamation (expressed in spoken words, signs, or gestures) which injures the character or reputation of the person defamed.

The information being shared isn't false. Many people have had bad experiences dealing with Jo-Del.
Hehehe...thanks, ya beat me to it!!!!!

Old 2007-05-12, 4:20pm
sunscreen me baby

It amazes me the woman is still in business. She ripped me off twice and it wasn't pretty. She should really have a 'returns or exchanges not accepted' sign on her home page.

Buyer beware the dog bites would be a great tag line
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~

Old 2007-05-12, 4:23pm

Quote:
Correct me if I am wrong, but we live in a country where a person is free to make their own decisions in choosing who they purchase items from. NO ONE is holding a knife to your throats to shop with Jo-Del. Don't shop with her if you don't like the way she conducts business. ....... I thought Lampwork Etc. was a place to share ideas and information. I am very disappointed with some of the personal and slanderous remarks that were made. A more mature and professional tact would have been more appropriate.

I choose to shop with Jo-Del until such time as she proves otherwise.
I may have missed it. No one said we were forced to buy from any one vendor. There was surprised that JoDel's store front wasn't open. Many people looked forward to it.

On the other hand there have been issues with online transactions. Reporting our experiences isn't slander. Many have passed on their experiences both positive and negative. If only the positive ones stay then people continue to think they are the only one with issues (which often go unresolved). I think providing both sides is providing information. Then people can make a choice they are happy with.
Old 2007-05-12, 4:35pm

Default glass

I have never had a problem ordering, but did wonder why my order did was rods instead of stringers.
Old 2007-05-12, 10:45pm
Ad astra per aspera

They must be looooong ongoing personal problems, then. She ripped me off and then had a very public tantrum about it in 2002! Some people really ought not to try to do business with the public.

Old 2007-05-14, 7:07am
Dead man walking

I didn't want to pile on but thought I should share my experience to help future noobs like me who are just starting out.

I'm a total noob in lampwork and just starting out. I saw the ad for JoDel on LE so I thought I would give them a shot. I figured if LE had them as an ad sponsor, they should be reputable (to the LE powers to be, take note of this.) I ordered a starter kit with the upgrades, not a small order. After a couple of days, I hadn't heard anything about shipment, so I sent an email to find out the tracking number and see if I could add something. I heard nothing back for a day (which to me, in the electronic world, 24 hours is the longest an email should go unanswered) so I thought I would give them a call. The 800 number was disconnected. This made me nervous, so I called the local number....disconnected. Neither number leaves a forwarding phone number.

So being the computer geek that I am, I looked up their registration information for their web site address and got the phone number that they registered under there.....disconnected. I then started doing searches on yellow page sites to try and track down their number for the brick and mortar store.....nada.

At this point, I said to myself "Self, why the hell are you wasting all this time to track down something you wanted? Just cancel the order and find another vendor."

I sent them an email to let them know to cancel the order and if it showed on my CC that I would dispute the charges. I got a phone call from Monique asking if I really wanted the order cancelled. I said yes, because anyone who has their number listed on ther website, which is disconnected, and does not update it or take it down makes me nervous to do business with. There are far too many scammers and cheats on the web to trust anyone with bad contact information posted on their own web site.

She said she understood, explained that someone at Verizon who used to work with her husband is trying to ruin their business by messing with their phones. I was pretty amazed by this because I work with Verizon and many other telcos in my line of work. That guy, if it was true, would be handed his arse on a platter let alone having a mountain of legal issues to deal with. In any case, she told me she refunded the money.

That last piece got me going, because nothing had shipped yet, but I was already charged. That is a major no-no to most reputable companies who take orders and ship or do drop shipping. You don't charge until the item is out your door, and most CC companies have policies against doing so. If you do charge ahead of time, that order better be out the door the next day.

This ended ok though as I see the charge came through, and so did the refund. My newbie kit also arrived from Arrow Springs with no issues (they even upgraded a piece because they were out of stock of an item I ordered.)

In any case, I thought I would share my near order experience with JoDel. I'm not angry as I didn't take a hit, but it was very odd and my first experience ordering as a noob which didn't set a great tone for me over all (and casted a shadow on how reputable LE is as well.) For all the folks that have had issues, old and on going, here is a link to your rights and some things you can do if it is not resolved properly from the Federal Trade Commission:

Hope this helps someone in the future!

Last edited by jjglass; 2007-05-14 at 7:13am.
Old 2007-05-15, 5:25am
lov'in life!!!

Quote:
Jo-Del is going thru some personal issues right now that require her full attention. We have all gone rough times and we hope that those around us will still support and stand behind us and not jump to the wrong conclusions. I still stand behind Jo-Del and I am confident she will be back on her feet soon both personally and professionally. I wish her well and will be patient and understanding in her return.
IMO...If she is having personal problems, that interfere with her business, she should cease doing business, period. I think she could have saved herself a LOT of problems and poor customer service is she had just put a closed sign on her website. People would have understood and when she got her personal affairs cleared up and was able to fill orders again, customers would have come back. She's burning every bridge, she's ever made. It's really sad. I personally LOVED her, when I first started and thought her business was great.

It's too bad she doesn't have someone, that she totally trusts, to come in and take the reins for awhile and straighten this mess up. It "could" be turned around.

The past is history...the future is a mystery...today is a gift...that's why
we call it the "Present".

Old 2007-05-16, 11:19am

I just recieved my order today from Jodel. I had what is a large order for me, just under 100 dollars. I ordered during the time "in question" and I was concerened when I hadn't gotten a return email in over 2 days(which is a long time in the glass/business world. When I saw this thread on LE I figured I was in real trouble. Fortunately Monique replied to each email when she was back online again after she switched computer systems/ moved?. She was very concerned to alleviate my worries about this order, and even left me a voice mail on my message machine and emailed the USPS tracking number too. I recieved the package today and everything is labeled well, with a copy of my detailed invoice inside, her apologies and complimentary 1/2 pound of free glass. I got some of the ornella, uroboros, lauscha colors, bullseye and moretti everything was in good condition and labeled extremely well. I have ordered from Jodel before not that often lately, and also buy from MANY other suppliers. I love Jodel's selection(she does carry so many glass types ), and hope she continues to prove/earn her reliability back. I'm not saying whether you should give Jodel a chance, I'm just reporting my experience which had a good ending.

Last edited by SheAmy; 2007-05-16 at 11:23am.
Old 2007-05-16, 3:28pm

Glad you got your glass.

Someone refresh my memory, which glass is the Ornella? Seems like it is something others sell under a different name?
Old 2007-05-16, 3:38pm
Storm Queen

Quote:

Someone refresh my memory, which glass is the Ornella? Seems like it is something others sell under a different name?
It's
. Monique is selling it as a different, new line of glass. When people told her it was just Czech glass she claimed she had no idea. Just be careful with the Ornella because Monique is selling it as 104 coe glass and not all of it is. You (SheAmy) may want to go to the Checkglass.com website and compare the colors of Ornella you got to the Czech glass colors and then see what the coe is.

Amy

Last edited by AKDesigns; 2007-05-16 at 3:42pm.
Old 2007-05-16, 4:05pm

Thanks Amy. I have some Czech glass that I haven't done anything with yet because I thought the COE could be tricky.
Old 2007-05-17, 6:17am

Hubby and I always did the same thing when we owned our Auto Repair shop. I got a call on a Sunday afternoon for a lady with a Honda needing an oil pump. I was there faster than you can say, changed out the oil pump , got a lovely tip for coming out on a Sunday, and had a very happy customer to boot!

Quote:
Oh my goodness... I cannot imagine waving someone away who's at my shop door and with wallet in hand to boot! I have left my home to go and open the door when someone has called and is at my store. The hours are posted there along with my cell number. I have no problem driving over to make a sale to a customer who wants to buy something on my "day off".

Thank You to ALL of my friends
who have journeyed
With me thru my elbow injury
and recovery!

:
Old 2007-05-17, 7:59am
moth to the flame

Quote:
Oh my goodness... I cannot imagine waving someone away who's at my shop door and with wallet in hand to boot! I have left my home to go and open the door when someone has called and is at my store. The hours are posted there along with my cell number. I have no problem driving over to make a sale to a customer who wants to buy something on my "day off".
Well the only thing I can think of is that maybe there wasn't a cash register there...since there was no open for business sign.
Maybe they were still unpacking and sorting glass?
I am sure there is a logical explanation.

Glad to hear SheAmy had a great experience!

We have done that as well Lynnie.

We live at our business and as great as it is for our customers, they sometimes don't "think" to remember we have a life besides the business!

It can get trying at times when we are expected to be here 24-7.
I have had customers get "put out" because DH won't be here at 8:30 at night (for them to drop off work) because he is off shooting his bow at the archery range with friends.

Things can look very different from the other side of the fence.

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2007-05-17, 8:16am

Quote:
It's
. Monique is selling it as a different, new line of glass. When people told her it was just Czech glass she claimed she had no idea. Just be careful with the Ornella because Monique is selling it as 104 coe glass and not all of it is. You (SheAmy) may want to go to the Checkglass.com website and compare the colors of Ornella you got to the Czech glass colors and then see what the coe is.

Amy
I would agree with Amy....I haven't bought from her in a while, because I don't need any additional problems right now...but have in the past and loved her Ornella which I found out is really Czech Glass. So I went to their sight and low and behold there were several colors that I have that are listed as a different COE than 104. I now have to go thru my stash pull and relabel that glass.

I don't know her well, but in the past she has always been sooo nice and I have never had any problems with her or the orders. She at times would give up glass in her stash to fill my order. I hope she get things straightened out.

Kathie
Good Omen Designs
Old 2007-05-17, 5:17pm
Ad astra per aspera

If you want the right names for the right colors AND the correct COEs, why not go to the best source?

They're the best game in town! (I'm not affiliated with them in any way, I only ordered from them once, light years ago, but it was a BIG order, and it's all Heidi's fault anyway.)