Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2011-08-17, 7:58am
Queen Tut ;)

Default Unhappy with Weebly..

I've had a weebly site since last year. Weebly isn't very popular, hasn't caught on I suppose...so their "features" are lacking.

I'd like to switch over to a new site, but I don't want to lose my blog. I had looked into wordpress and blogger.com...and though wordpress lets you import other formats, weebly isn't one of them.

Any ideas on what I can do to convert to a new website? Well, I know I could hire a web designer and let them know what I'd like...but I'm trying to look at options that have little to no cost.

My site: http://meltwithmecreations.weebly.com

If my only choice is to go in, one blog entry at a time and re-enter them, what web hosting site would ya'll recommend....for someone with little to no html skills?

Thanks,
Jenne

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-08-17, 8:04am
Confused as usual

I Love weebly I have been using it for over a year now. What don't you like about it? It's FREE
Old 2011-08-17, 10:15am
Queen Tut ;)

You can't customize it as much as say, wordpress...which comes out with new layouts pretty much once a week. Other sites have some pretty jazzy layouts and customizations.

Try as hard as I can, I don't see an option for subscribers to a blog... and for tracking. I'd say tracking and subscribers is my #1 complaint. If you know how I can remedy this without switching, please let me know!

Thanks,
Jenne

Old 2011-08-17, 1:44pm

I just started playing with www.moonfruit.com and really like it. It's been super easy to figure out and customize, and I do believe they have blog and forum options as well as shopping cart stuff too. Can't hurt to check them out (their basic service is free and you can upgrade to subscriber status if you need more than the basics).