Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2011-01-31, 12:48pm
Salt Box Beads

Default Not exactly website help needed

I do need computer help however. I have windows 7. When I click on the wrench Icon and click on print it says printer not found.

When I right click on the screen and press print it says printer not found.

But I can print from the drop down "file" at the top of my task bar in works and it will print.

I checked my devices and printers and it lists two dell printers for me, one of them has (copy 1 ) after it.

I do not know what where to start. Anyone have any ideas for me.? I would like to get rid of the (copy 1) printer as I think it might be the culprit but any way I try doesn't work or have the option to delete it.

Thanks
Old 2011-01-31, 9:03pm

Lorraine - actually, copy 1 is the "working" printer - for some reason Windows 7 recognized the printer as a "new" hardware - maybe you unplugged and plugged it back in, or heck, coulda been turning off the power. Anyway - you should be able to delete the non-copy1 printer, and hopefully that'll take care of it.
Old 2011-02-01, 9:23am
Salt Box Beads

Thank-you for your help

I have tried deleting it, with right click and then in programs but then the highlight jumps up to the other "same printer listed" and the doesn't delete and then the computer won't recognize the original copier now highlighted.

I am getting very exasperated.
Old 2011-02-05, 9:52pm

Have you gone into printers through the start menu? You should be able to click on it, then either go up to the menu and delete or hit your delete key.

I agree, W7 is VERY frustrating. I spent an hour today @ inlaws helping them understand more stuff... worst part is I have to figure it out first!
Old 2011-02-06, 5:30pm
Salt Box Beads

Quote:
Originally Posted by fawnheights View Post
Have you gone into printers through the start menu? You should be able to click on it, then either go up to the menu and delete or hit your delete key.

I agree, W7 is VERY frustrating. I spent an hour today @ inlaws helping them understand more stuff... worst part is I have to figure it out first!
Yep, If I delete the copy it highlights the correctly listed printer but then it is not recognized by any of the prints buttons. Very frustrating indeed!
Old 2011-02-07, 10:15pm

I haven't had luck finding answers in technical forums. You'd think tons of people would be having this problem - what's the likelihood that 2 lampworkers across the US have encountered this unique problem???

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Dori

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Well behaved women seldom make history ~ Laura Thatcher Ulrich
Old 2011-02-07, 10:31pm

I found this in a forum: found if the preview pane was disabled then print won't work (regarding e-mail)

My other thought after re-reading your message - is the printer marked as "default" printer now? I had trouble convincing my inlaws system that's what I wanted, I can't remember what steps I took, but it wasn't obvious, and then it "just worked".

Dori

Well behaved women seldom make history ~ Laura Thatcher Ulrich
Old 2011-02-09, 10:25am
Salt Box Beads

I don't know Dori. But I will go check tonight.
Old 2011-02-11, 1:55am
picking Job's Tears

Not exactly a Windows 7 expert here (I still run XP on my notebook and at work I have Linux), but, have you tried unplugging it, deleting all printers and plugging it back in?

I think I'd try that if you haven't, otherwise, I don't know whether you're like us and leave your computer on all the time or turn it off every night, but if you normally leave it on, have you tried rebooting? (Yup, that's me, the software engineer, suggesting rebooting).

I hope you get it figured out.
-
-
-

Palms Etc. tropical seeds and cuttings:

HotHead on bulk propane and a Glasshive kiln
Old 2011-07-08, 10:52pm
Salt Box Beads

Well, DH came home and fixed it, I don't know what he did and don't care..LOL I just wanted the dern thang to work!!!! So far so good. I think he ran the disc again.