Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Shows and Festivals

Shows and Festivals -- Upcoming events

Old 2012-10-02, 9:57am

Default Soft Glass Invitational 2013

We are now taking applications for Soft Glass Invitational 2013. And you are all invited to attend. The event will be May 16-17-18, 2013. It will be held again at the Glass Blowing Center in Hilliards, Pa.
Here is a link to the SGI website http://softglassinvitational.com/home.html
The cost for the three days , including lunch, dinner and snacks and drinks is $300 for an "A" ticket with assigned torch station. The cost for a "B" ticket is $225.The "B" ticket lets you attend but not have your own torch space. You will be able to play on any torch you are invited to play on by an "A" ticket holder.
Bronwen Hielman is the featured artist and demonstator. She will be giving three different demos on three different days, and also working during the event at her torch station. Bronwen will also be teaching a two day class immediately following SGI in the same facility.
I will be doing a demo on sculpting with soft glass during the event. I will also be teaching a one day class following SGI at the same facility. The class will be Intro to Boro. Teaching small sculptures, marbles and beads .
We will not be having a bead bazaar on the Saturday of the event. We will be having three full days of torch time. On Saturday evening we will be having a pig roast. barry Laffler will be in charge of cooking the pig all day Saturday.
If you have any question, please ask.
Lewis C Wilson
Old 2012-10-02, 11:29am

Wale Apparatus will be the tool and glass supplier at the event. Dan will be working the booth.Lewis
Old 2012-10-09, 8:42am
Tending The Fire!

As an attendee last year, I had a blast! Can't wait to see what this year holds! For those on the fence about signing up...go for it! You won't regret it

My Facebook Page!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-10-09, 10:53am

Pati Cahill was one of our teachers last year. She is returning as an attendee, but she may also teach a class. All we need to do is ask. We will not have a bead bazaar, so extra torch time on Saturday. A pig roast (whole pig slow cooked all day) will be the Saturday party meal.
barb and I will be staying on site so the hours to torch into the night will be extended.
Lewis
Old 2012-12-11, 12:26pm

Barb and I would like to thank the Florida Glass Dragons for letting us attend their Dec meeting and play a little on the torch. We had a blast. What a great bunch og glass friends. Hope some of you can attend SGI and stay up late and cause trouble. www.softglassinvitational.com
Looie
Old 2013-01-01, 7:07pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by LewisW View Post
Barb and I would like to thank the Florida Glass Dragons for letting us attend their Dec meeting and play a little on the torch. We had a blast. What a great bunch og glass friends. Hope some of you can attend SGI and stay up late and cause trouble. www.softglassinvitational.com
Looie
It was a great meeting but then the Florida Glass Dragons have always been a great group of artists.
Old 2013-03-28, 4:14pm

Emilio Santini will be at Soft Glass Invitational this year. SGI will be May 16-17-18. Emilio will be there and demonstrate on Friday, May 17 and also on the morning of Saturday, May 18. He will bring lots of his glass sculptures, goblets, and beads. He will have for sale the items that he makes during the demos. With Emilio and Bronwen we will have a very talented retreat.
Old 2013-03-30, 12:27pm

All are invited to drop by SGI on Friday, May 17, from 6 PM till closing (11 or 12 PM ). Pig roast with sides and soft drinks. Fire pit. Marshmellows. Good friends. Demos by Bronwen and Emilio. $20 a person. For tickets please go to Softglassinvitational.com
Old 2013-05-13, 1:02pm

here is a pic of a scorpion headed woman that Emilio Santini will demo on Friday evening at SGI.
Attached Images

Old 2013-05-14, 9:31am
I speak Murrini!

WOW! That demo piece looks amazing!!! (And I can't help but wonder...WHAT GLASS IS THAT!?! )

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2013-05-14, 9:42am
Chief Creative Goddess

WOW!!! Shades of Tim Burton there!
And I wonder too DE---WHAT GLASS IS THAT!? Gorgeous!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2013-05-20, 1:24pm
Mary Lockwood

Seeing the scorpion headed woman come to life in the flame was excellent.