Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2008-05-01, 9:24pm
Susan

Default Check my Site, please?

If you have a moment to spare, please check my website out and throw me some feedback. I am trying to get things up and running. I wonder, how easy is it to navigate, are the pictures coming across well and are my descriptions ok or too much?

Feedback and constructive criticism is welcome, thanks

InsanityBeads

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-05-01, 10:15pm

I think it looks good Susan. I'm no athority on websites though. I don't have one myself.

Old 2008-05-01, 10:25pm
beads....mmmm

It looks fine. The descriptions are complete and the navigation makes sense. Yay for you. If you had the time or the inclination, the photos could be a little sharper. Your work is very nice!

::
Old 2008-05-02, 7:37am

Went there and checked it out. The site navigates great and looks awesome. Your beads are adorable.....great job!!
Vickie

My website:

Old 2008-05-02, 11:26am

I love your website and your beads. Just wondering why, though, in the description of the spacer beads (lapis), you say they are 12 for $10.00 but where you buy they are $6.00 for 12 and $8.00 for etched?
Old 2008-05-02, 8:14pm
Susan

Oh.. lol, well, excellent catch.. Spacer bead page was actually my original set up from a year ago. I haven't made any new pictures and thus I didn't look too closely at that page when I reactivated the spacers for sale again. Bad me! no biscuit! Thank you! I have since fixed my goofus!

Old 2008-05-24, 9:18pm
Spectrum rulz

The page from the link what is lampwork doesnt all fit onto the screen at once and you have to scroll to read it all - that is 1 of my pet hates - could just be me though.
Old 2008-05-26, 9:57am

oh this is a very nice site just love it and your work as well, and congrate with you 1 price.

my blog:
Old 2008-05-31, 10:28pm

Adorable site! It's britght and cheerful and reflects your personality and your beads to a "T". I really love the page "what is lampwork?" It's really informative and gives people who don't know about lampwork a good education in what they are buying.

Good job, and good luck with your site! I love it.

Old 2008-06-05, 1:12pm
Wonderland sounds fun...

Love your website. Love your animal head beads. Very nicely done. Pictures are adequate. Great job!

*+.+*
C L E A R A N C E Sale in my Etsy *+.+*
Old 2008-06-24, 12:34pm
Queen of small things

not enough pictures... need more!!!

It doesn't matter if the glass is half full or half empty... I'm gonna drink it through this crazy straw.

In North Georgia? Visit my bead store!

Old 2008-09-12, 8:47am

The website is very nice I had to let my eyes adjust for a second to the bright image on the white background but its very powerful. The prime restate of your site is the home page make sure you have your favorite/best pictures towards the top that you see as soon as the page loads. Green and blue text is hard to read on a white background I would make all the text the black unless it is a heading or sale ad. The font for the main text should be arial or times new roman because all computers have that. Choosing another font means if whoever is looking at your page does not have that font installed on their computer it will pick its own substitute and it may not be a good one. Another word on text is that i n the web/graphic design world comic sans is considered one of the worst fonts ever created.
I think the category text on top of the image is distracting. The image is what is supposed to draw you to click and you are covering it up with big text. I would put the category title underneath the picture as live text. That way search engines will read the categories as well. On your about me page I would wrap the text around the image of yourself so instead of underneath. You do this by aligning the image to left. That way you don't have to scroll to begin reading.

I know I have made a lot of comments and I think its cause I design websites for a living. I love the overall feel of the site its fun playful and artistic.
Old 2008-09-17, 6:55pm
szglassy

Very colorful.
Is that a poppa shop???
Old 2008-10-08, 8:04pm
Susan

I just wanted to say Hi again and thanks so much for the variety of feedback I got over the past few months. I haven't been back in here for so long and today I stumbled in to see there were a couple new responses.

SZ, yes this is pappashop. I bought my site almost 2 years ago. I dont know if they are doing these types of templates anymore.

JG, you are right, it is a touch strong but I do love vibrant colors. This seemed much more "me" when I bought the set up a while back. I do see my style changing and I may be looking to do some major design alterations in the future. Thanks for the suggestions!! I do need to be sure to keep typeset colors in mind and I will rethink my font. I always liked the whimsy of the comic sans text so that might be hard to let go. I tend to get a bit creative without really thinking about it. I really liked your suggestion about pictures that are seen immediately and worked on adding snippets of my favorites.. kind of like teasers.

Old 2008-10-09, 5:10am

Hi Susan! I peeked @ your website and love it. It is so happy & welcoming. Your work is amazing...the detail!!! I'm sure you've done a lot of PPP throughout the years...either that, or it's amazing natural talent and I want some of that!!!! I will pm you with a question.