AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-07-05, 11:19am

Default What's the weirdest theme requested?

I've just been asked to make a NARWHAL bead. I've done elephants, koi, and coqui frogs, but this is the oddest animal request I've had.

How about you?
Old 2012-07-05, 12:23pm
Senior Moment

Sounds like you have a Redditer as a customer!
Old 2012-07-05, 12:30pm

Redditer?

Facebook:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Free Lampwork and Jewelry Tutorials, with easy searching, prominent linkage to your shop or site, and rotating featured tutorials:
Old 2012-07-05, 1:40pm
Senior Moment

Oops sorry. Someone who is a member of Reddit.com. The narwhal is a rather prominent figure for them. The catch phrase, if I remember it correctly, is "the narwhal bacons at midnight."

Ahh the joys of the Internet.
Old 2012-07-05, 2:40pm

My 11-year-old second-cousin-once-removed requested the narwhal, so that might be the case.

this message brought to you by the Hyphen Association of America
Old 2012-07-05, 2:59pm
Senior Moment

Heh, if you're willing, ask him when the narwhal bacons. If he says midnight, you've a bonifide Redditer in your family.

Btw, do post a pic when you're done; I'd love to see it.

Alli
Old 2012-07-05, 4:12pm
Flame Dames Rule!

My weirdest request was for the Dally Llama - they wanted it reclining on a couch wearing fishnet stockings and a cammie, post Dally-ing around, with a hickey on the neck.

It was going to be the topper on a wedding cake (wtf?) but I didn't get to make it, dammit. They broke up 3 months before the wedding.

Sharon Peters
New Bead Display Stands Available - pm me!

Specializing in Critters and Puns and other Cool Stuff...

Old 2012-07-05, 9:38pm

That IS weird.

Facebook:

Free Lampwork and Jewelry Tutorials, with easy searching, prominent linkage to your shop or site, and rotating featured tutorials:
Old 2012-07-05, 10:29pm
Senior Moment

I'd say it's probably a good thing that wedding didn't go through; a llama in fishnets with a hickey is no way to start married life LOL
Old 2012-07-06, 6:33am
Glass-aholic

Yoshi, paper cranes, and plaid to match a specific print of the woman's tartan she even sent me the thread count pattern... I know there was something weirder..oh one woman wanted a tree, so I made this awesome tree. Very elaborate and decident. Then when she saw it she says 'no not that kind of tree' and basically I ended up making a bead that looked like those taffy candies with the tree in it! She wanted it to look like the Lebanon flag.. Well that would have been helpful! Lol not 'a big beautiful green tree'

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2012-07-06, 9:12am

Try doing Dream Bead requests for Beads of Courage some time. You'll get some requests that are a bit nebulous and really hard to interpret. One I had was 'my spirit'. They'll stretch your thinking as well as your glass skills.

Robert
Old 2012-07-08, 10:14pm
Loving learning

Robert I tried the pin cushion today. I think I'll send it in & let you folk decide whether to use it or not. I wish I'd put some colored pin heads on it now.
Old 2012-07-09, 4:20pm
Chief Creative Goddess

SharonP!! DO IT NOW!! That sounds awesome!!! The orange guy might like it too!!!

Old 2012-07-09, 4:47pm
~ a.k.a. Sharlee22 ~

Recently, I've been asked to make Tinkerbell.....
I said no!

Old 2012-07-09, 4:49pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Penises. And Va-jay-jays.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2012-07-09, 7:17pm
Burnt Wood Beads

Ok...first I had to look up on Wikipedia what a NARWHAL is...LOL.....and whoever makes the Tinkerbell...I want one! LOL

Old 2012-07-09, 8:30pm

a bead with a tooth in it, a goalie helmet that looks just like the owner of the helmet. Yup that is the only two I can think of at the moment but there has been some dooses.
Old 2012-07-09, 9:51pm
SCIENCE Teacher!

Jack-o-lope. I tried to explain the antlers would be delicate...