No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2012-07-26, 10:57am
Calendar Girl

Default CG Beadroller recommendations

I was thinking of getting a set of three CG bead rollers. Round, Bicone and maybe disc.

What size do you think is best for starting with these?
What are your favorite shapes?

Thanks for your input, there are so many different ones, I'm overwhelmed and don't know where to begin!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2012-07-26, 12:18pm
Hobby Junkie

My favorites are the Pandora Donuts (helps me make them a consistent size when I'm making sets) and the Ribbed Quint (Because they are just fun!)

Old 2012-07-26, 2:04pm

I like my donut (1301) and small round spacers because of the sheer number of size variations. I like the small chunky donut too but even just the small seems to take a lot of glass (which is harder to handle for me as a total newbie). I also have the quad squad-- those are fun shapes to play with too.

My next one is going to be the baroque, or the small bullets, or the medium eggs (or all of them--LOL).

Love these rollers and Donna is such a dream to order from.

Mini CC & M15
Old 2012-07-26, 3:11pm

I suggest you get the one that has a variety of shapes to begin with ... it has four shapes from what I remember and was one of the early ones. I liked it because I was a able to test out shapes and decide where I wanted to go from there.

Old 2012-07-26, 5:47pm
Cancer SUCKS!

BR-2301 lg disc
BR-5301 ribbed small round or large round
ANY of the plain round rollers

Those would be my favorite 3

Old 2012-07-26, 5:49pm
Cancer SUCKS!

As an addition, I wouldn't start with a regular donut roller. Maybe a pandora style donut roller. My opinion if you can't make a balanced and good donut without help, then you should keep practicing until you have that down.

JMHO

Old 2012-07-26, 6:02pm
Lampworkaholic!

The one I use most is the egg shapes. I am egg obsessed. I use them for florals. I like all the bigger chunky ones too, oval, tapered Harrell. Also like the ribbed donut rounds.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2012-07-26, 6:13pm
I like to melt things

I really like my small chunky oval bead roller, and the large cone bead roller.

I like the large rounds, too.

I hate my disc spacers beadroller with a fair amount of intensity, but I still use it because the shape is so nice. And it's not the beadroller's fault that shape is so annoying to make.

-
-
Old 2012-07-26, 10:43pm

I have many bead rollers. The ones I use ALL the time is the rounds. I have all the sizes but the ones I use the most are the small, the large and the jumbo. I use the disc, smallish one, on occasion. I never use the bicone rollers. They are too small (I think). I also use the drum trio (small).

I've never fallen in love with the ribbed bead rollers. And the spool is really hard for me to use.
Old 2012-07-26, 11:38pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

In order of use for me:

On regular mandrels:

Regular spacers, wide spacers, disks, rounds, ribbed rounds

On Pandora mandrels:

spacers, rounds, wide spacers

Old 2012-07-27, 8:43am
Calendar Girl

Default Thanks!

Thanks everyone for your input!
I can make all the shapes, I'm just getting these for consistency so I can make sets. I'm going for 4 instead of 3...