No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-09-27, 7:39am
Jacqueline Parkes

Default Lausha Glass

I am going to dive in head first with Laushca glass now.

I am placing my first order today. I am going to order a sample pack, one rod of each other but I would also like to add some volume as well.

If you were going to order just five colors, which would they be? Keep in mind I really prefer colors that are reactive, thank you!

Jacqueline

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-09-27, 9:08am
Disconnected

I would get these opaques
Steel blue
Milky way Faded Rose or Rose Toffee
and these transparents
Forest green
Peach
clear

Last edited by Flonche; 2010-09-27 at 9:23am.
Old 2010-09-27, 9:20am

Lauscha has a pile of colors that are reactive. Steel Blue, Cocoa, Buckhorn With Silver, vanilla Ice, SuperNova (try this over clear and under silver colors. It is loaded with silver), and most of the Milky Ways. The 7 Special "Pinks" that Flamedame has are loaded with silver and gold. The turquoises turn red with reduction.
Then of course you have to try the Lauscha Transparents! Especially purples and reds.
JMHO of course!!
Paula

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2010-09-27, 6:47pm
I like to melt things

I love everything I've tried so far, but I haven't tried all of the colours yet. I highly recommend the following:

1) Steel Blue
2) Olive
3) Cocoa
4) Nuclear Brownie (Buckhorn with Silver)
5) Hawaiian Purple (Blue-Violet)
6) Thuringen Herb

... I haven't even tried any of the transparents I have yet.

I have test results posted for Cocoa, Thuringen Herb and Olive if you are interested.

-
-
Old 2010-09-27, 7:04pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Hey, there you are!

Thanks for the info. I was going to order today but I got distracted by silver glass,sigh.

Was it supernova that I passed onto you? There was one reactive glass I purchased years ago but I never got it to it's thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oenone View Post
I love everything I've tried so far, but I haven't tried all of the colours yet. I highly recommend the following:

1) Steel Blue
2) Olive
3) Cocoa
4) Nuclear Brownie (Buckhorn with Silver)
5) Hawaiian Purple (Blue-Violet)
6) Thuringen Herb

... I haven't even tried any of the transparents I have yet.

I have test results posted for Cocoa, Thuringen Herb and Olive if you are interested.

Old 2010-09-27, 8:35pm
I like to melt things

Yeah, I have your SuperNova, but I still haven't melted any of it. I also have yet to breach and actually test my Peach Transparent, Thuringen Forest, Salmon, Peach Blush, the Hawaiian Purple (although I used this enough to know I love it) I got from you and a few other colours.

-
-
Old 2010-09-27, 8:45pm
Jacqueline Parkes

I gave you Hawaiian purple? Temporary insanity?

I don't even remember buying that.

Old 2010-09-27, 9:53pm

Melanie your blogs are fantastic!! Ijust found a few more lbs of Thuringean Herb and will it it to the cart. Wish you would blog the Milky Way "Pinks."

Still North America's Largest Lauscha Dealer!
Now reopened in South Florida!!
Like US on Facebook !
Old 2010-09-27, 11:04pm
I like to melt things

Thanks so much Paula!

I'm working on getting as much blogged as I can. lol. It's impossible to cover everything.

I'm not using much pink right now, but I know that I'll need to again as soon as winter starts to gloom me in.

-
-
Old 2010-09-27, 11:14pm

My favorite lauscha colors are Steel blue, cocoa, olive and trans red.
Just remember; they need to be annealed at a higher temperature!
I have had lots of beads crack using trans red and annealing at "normal" temperatures.

R#115