Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Old 2005-06-15, 11:08am
2008 About Time !

Default Painted Beads

Like to try your hand at painted beads or painted glass?

Here is a link to my website for the painted beads tutorial I have.

http://www.deborahread.com/painted_beads_101.htm
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Dread; 2005-06-15 at 11:12am.
Old 2005-06-15, 1:41pm
Satake Woman!

Thanks so much! Your painted beads are TDF.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2005-06-15, 4:52pm
Detail G-Mama!

TDF and friggin huge!!!!!

Old 2005-06-19, 9:32pm
looking for work

Dread, thanks, I love your beads, the one I have is in pride of place...when I am not taking it around to show it off...

You can fool too many of the people too much of the time.
James Thurber

Old 2005-06-20, 4:06am
boro color bender

Thanks Deb! I will have to give this a shot! You rock!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2005-06-24, 10:30am
2008 About Time !

Thank you - wish I could be torching and painting - but it looks like its another month till the move will be done (July 29) and then I need to follow - and then get set up - if anyone needs help let me know - you can pm me or use the paintedbeads@deborahread.com e-mail

Old 2005-06-24, 1:19pm
Piscean Fire Goddess

ME WANT! ME WANT! Dragon! DRAGON! ME WANT!

Heeheeheehee

LOVELY Deb!

- SJS Glasswork & Creations
Exploring a philosophical fantasy world.
Old 2005-07-11, 12:58pm
2008 About Time !

Actually (after I move back to Canada -) I do have a dragon for you (of course I will have to find it again - I've been holding on to it for months - I even got to the point of making a label and then I think I packed it with a bunch of other beads for moving - so once back (only 19 days more of work ) I should be back in canada now no later than August 19th - I hope - so much to do still......

Old 2005-07-11, 4:01pm

Holy Crap!
Thank you for all that info.
Not only is it incredibly kind of you to tell us how you've been making those incredible beads, you're a very talented artist as well! It was great seeing all your work.

Your latest work is amazing!

I've taken all kinds of mediums of art when in school but I never did do this sort of thing. I did glass scratching which is similar, but you don't get the quality of lines as you are scratching the glass not painting it. Then your press it onto a piece of paper. A lot of fun. I would love to try this glass painted beads.

Like I can afford to invest in more art supplies (NOT!) and I have tons of time on my hands to try new things (NOT!) but I wish!

Shari

Old 2012-10-22, 12:52am
Queen of the milo field

Holy Crap indeed!
I may have to try a cooperative effort w/DH. We've been wondering how to do this. Now all I have to do is get my base bead big enough to paint something larger than microscopic.

dj
Old 2012-10-22, 5:33am
Unmedicated since '62

Were you at the gathering? I have a gorgeous bead with a turkey on it done like that

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2012-10-22, 9:06am
grama punky - class junky

wow. thanks so much for sharing your techniques. beautiful!

Old 2012-11-06, 7:31am

Wow, I'm so happy I found this thread! I've been really curious about this technique for awhile, thank you so much for sharing!

Old 2012-11-06, 11:08am
ALWAYS SMILES

Your beads and Bronwen Heilman's are what led me to fall in Love with this technique...ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL WORK !
Old 2012-11-06, 12:48pm
Carpe beadum

Can you not just paint right on the bead?

Soli Deo Gloria
Old 2012-11-08, 1:27am
offically down under

Beautiful beads and a great tut. You are so very kind for sharing how you do this.

Old 2012-11-08, 9:33pm
Living out Loud

Thank you,,,,,,,, yeah it's a shout out!!!

Old 2012-11-11, 12:05pm

WOW, really cool technique. Your beads are beautiful. Thanks for sharing.
Old 2012-11-12, 8:27am
tweetysweetie

Dread might not be answering here anytime soon...she broke her wrist and is recovering from that...another 29 days in the "hot pink" cast.....sorry to hear of your misfortune Deb...tried to post a comment on facebook but for some reason it was a no! heal well & strong my friend. hugs

Old 2012-11-12, 4:13pm
Back to 👊 1

Wow!

I am amazed that I haven't run into this thread before this, it's pretty old. I am so happy that someone bumped it up! Thank you!

Don't make me cranky, I WILL "chuck a tanty!" a la PerfectDeb

Old 2015-02-24, 10:44pm

I have discovered that you can indeed paint directly onto an annealed bead using glass stains and enamels. It requires considerable care and an eye for detail. I paint colours onto the bead surface and let them dry before placing into a cold annealing kiln and bringing it up to annealing temperature. I later add black tracing enamel and scratch back through to create shading and then refire to a slightly higher temperature than for annealing.
Old 2015-03-08, 9:15pm

Thanks so much!!!