Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2009-09-17, 11:41am

Uh-oh, I feel a major storm coming on! (I love storms!)

This looks like a tutorial I must have!

Thanks in advance, I'll be getting this shortly .
Old 2009-09-17, 11:44am
Storm Queen

I love storms too!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-09-17, 12:38pm

Default storms

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
I love storms too!
I can see why now!

I am just so thankful that you are so generous in sharing your wonderful techniques.

Your tutorial is perfect in every way.

I can't wait to play with all that silver glass that has just been sitting around on my shelves waiting for this tutorial!!!

Thank you so much for all the inspiration. I know I would never have guessed how you made your beautiful beads.
Old 2009-09-17, 12:43pm
Storm Queen

Very kind words Carol, thank you!

Old 2009-09-17, 1:14pm
Rose colored glasses…√

Ya'll gotta' knock it off...I'll bet that once Amy gets the "big head", she'll be impossible to live with.

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2009-09-17, 1:20pm
Silver Hogs/Tool Junkies

Great tut Amy! Wonderful pics and descriptions.

Thanks,
Jack

Old 2009-09-17, 1:27pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissij View Post
Ya'll gotta' knock it off...I'll bet that once Amy gets the "big head", she'll be impossible to live with.
I almost told everyone to knock it off myself.....my husband is pretty sick of me right now.

Thanks Jack!

Old 2009-09-17, 2:28pm
Forever P~P~P :0)

Okie dokie...... just got mine! Can't wait to read it!! Woo Hoo!!

Sandy
No hurry ~ no worries ~ unless its hot & drippy..!

Hot Head & big BBQ tank of propane!

awesome banner by Knatty Dreadz!! WE MISS YOU!
Old 2009-09-17, 2:48pm
Storm Queen

Thank you Sandy!

Old 2009-09-17, 2:58pm

I already made two beads with your tutorial. It was just so much fun and I can't wait till after dinner to make more!
Old 2009-09-17, 3:01pm
Flaming Redhead!

Amy...not only are you a talented lampwork artist, tutorial writer, and extremely creative...YOU ARE EVIL!

I had so much fun playing with this technique I didn't do any of the custom order I was supposed to today...ruh roh. Well, how about I tell my customer it's all your fault?

Seriously, it's a very easy to follow tutorial and even I got results! Thanks for sharing this great technique!

A thing of beauty is a joy forever: its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness.
- John Keats
Old 2009-09-17, 3:03pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeadDesignsByCarol View Post
I already made two beads with your tutorial. It was just so much fun and I can't wait till after dinner to make more!
Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex9 View Post
Amy...not only are you a talented lampwork artist, tutorial writer, and extremely creative...YOU ARE EVIL!

I had so much fun playing with this technique I didn't do any of the custom order I was supposed to today...ruh roh. Well, how about I tell my customer it's all your fault?

Seriously, it's a very easy to follow tutorial and even I got results! Thanks for sharing this great technique!
You just figured out now that I'm evil? Where have you been?

Can't wait to see more beads in the Gallery thread!

Old 2009-09-17, 3:07pm
Forever P~P~P :0)

Now.... I just need to buy some silver glass. Thanks for creating this tut for us!!

Sandy
No hurry ~ no worries ~ unless its hot & drippy..!

Hot Head & big BBQ tank of propane!

awesome banner by Knatty Dreadz!! WE MISS YOU!
Old 2009-09-17, 3:20pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sansan239s View Post
Now.... I just need to buy some silver glass. Thanks for creating this tut for us!!
The best part is you can use the Color Layering Chart to help you decide what you want to order.

Old 2009-09-17, 3:21pm
Sorry for party rockin'

I made my first Storm bead today, so now I have to wait (waaaaaah!) for it to come out of the kiln. I think it's gonna be awesome, I was so excited making it. The instructions were perfect to understand and really, if you can reduce glass, you can do this!!

I'll post a picture tonight!!

Old 2009-09-17, 3:51pm
Storm Queen

Cool Ginny...can't wait to see it!

Old 2009-09-17, 4:38pm

Congratulations, Amy!!
Now where is my credit card?!?! LOL!

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." ~ Chuck Reid
Old 2009-09-17, 4:50pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissij View Post
She was pretty close already

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2009-09-17, 4:57pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
She was pretty close already
Bitch.

Old 2009-09-17, 5:14pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by AKDesigns View Post
Bitch.
said the pot to the kettle

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2009-09-17, 5:14pm
Storm Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by squid View Post
said the pot to the kettle
Duh.

Old 2009-09-17, 7:41pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2009-09-17, 8:12pm
Sorry for party rockin'

Here's my very first 'storm' bead . . . . I LOVE it!

Thank you for sharing your technique Amy

Old 2009-09-17, 8:14pm
Storm Queen

Whoohooo! Gorgeous Ginny!

Old 2009-09-17, 8:22pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Ooh Ginny - you have mad skillz

DOG is my co-pilot
Old 2009-09-17, 10:33pm
Master Procrastinator

COULD RESIST NO LONGER! LOL! Just bought it.

Old 2009-09-17, 10:35pm
Storm Queen

Old 2009-09-18, 9:20am

Just bought the tutorial. I love, love, love your work. I can not wait to give it a go. Thanks for sharing.

Teresa
Old 2009-09-18, 9:53am

Default last nights' storming

Here is a shot of all 5 (presentable ones) and a closeup of my favorite one, all crystal shaped.

I love making these!
Attached Images

Old 2009-09-18, 9:59am
Storm Queen

ooohhhh nice Carol!