No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-04-18, 10:39am
Astro Cat

Default 96 colors

I love the beautiful 96 color frit colors. I know you can use some on the outside of 104 colors but I am not crazy about mixing the COEs, and in some instances I'd like to make beads where the frits are encased.

I was wondering is there a 'good' non scummy 96 clear glass?

I was also wondering if there are any colors similar to the 104 ivory and opal yellow???

thanks!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
my Scorpion!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-04-18, 10:49am
Looking for my waistline

Kugler makes a nice clear and so does Uroborus. You should check out the Uroborus and Spectrum 96 color lines.

As far as nice ivory colors, I like Reichenbach R-105 (Florence) for a pale ivory kind of like the old Vetrofond pale ivory, and R-186 (New Light Yellow) for something similar to a light opal yellow. I see a new (or at least new to me) color I don't have, R-113 (Vanilla) that looks promising, too.

Last edited by Chuckie; 2011-04-18 at 10:57am.
Old 2011-04-18, 11:27am
Lampworkaholic!

I like Gaffer clear. And Reichenbach Iris Opal Yellow and Champagne (but mine looks different from the images on the OCR site). Extra Light Tobacco is nice too.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox

Last edited by Elizabeth Beads; 2011-04-18 at 4:48pm.
Old 2011-04-18, 3:50pm
I'm kinda biz-EE

For clear Uroboros gets my vote.

Old 2011-04-18, 4:15pm
I fart diamonds

Uroboros clear, for sure. Inexpensive and superb! Uroboros Almond is a nice Ivoryish color but it is nonreactive.

Old 2011-04-18, 4:53pm
Ad astra per aspera

Uroboros clear is fabulous.

Old 2011-04-18, 8:42pm
Formerly Icarus Beads :)

Another vote for Uroboros clear!

Etsy Vintage shop

Webpage ->
Old 2011-04-19, 8:10pm
Astro Cat

Thanks!!
my Scorpion!
Old 2011-04-20, 11:09am
one day at a time

I've been using size #0 92-94 and 96 COE frits on the surface of 104 for a very long time and there has never been a problem. I don't take a chance with the larger size #1 on 104, except for only one set that I make. I never had any problems with those beads, but I chose not to use anything larger than size #0.

Just don't encase 92-94 or 96 COE frits unless you are putting it on a 96 base, then you shouldn't have any problems. Reichenbach which is 92-94 has some pulled cane colors that would make nice bases for the frits, and if they have a good clear, then encasing would be worry-free.

You can look around on this site, and I'm headed there myself to see if ther are any updates to their 104 line.

http://www.glasscolor.com/lampworking/default.aspx

When you order lampworking rods, make sure you order "cane" because their "rods" are huge club sized things!