Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2005-12-22, 12:49am
namaste

Default Trouble picking colors?

Hi all !

I found the coolest color picker on the net today. Here is the link.....

http://wellstyled.com/tools/colorscheme2/index-en.html

I played with it for only about 15 minutes before I was convinced it was a great tool for any artist in any media needing to choose color combinations. Check it out and let me know what you think.

Antonio

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Antoņio; 2005-12-22 at 12:54am.
Old 2005-12-22, 12:58am

Hi Antonio-
I posted a similar tool here a week or two ago...
xxxxx You can use it either online or download a version to have on your computer. I love it because you can use it to replicate specific colors you find on the web, too.
I'd think lampworkers would love tools like this...inspiration!
I'm gonna go play with the one you posted.....
Rachel

Odd, I just clicked on the link I just posted twice, and both times a message popped up saying my antivirus software had detected and removed a virus. Hmmm. I know it's a reputable company that's been around for a long time so I don't know if this is just a cooincidence or not. Maybe some psycho hacked their site somehow, LOL.

(Link edited out for now)

Last edited by Rachel Originals; 2005-12-22 at 5:41am.
Old 2005-12-22, 2:06am
namaste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel Originals
Hi Antonio-
I posted a similar tool here a week or two ago...
www.ColorSchemer.com
You can use it either online or download a version to have on your computer. I love it because you can use it to replicate specific colors you find on the web, too.
I'd think lampworkers would love tools like this...inspiration!
I'm gonna go play with the one you posted.....
Rachel

Odd, I just clicked on the link I just posted twice, and both times a message popped up saying my antivirus software had detected and removed a virus. Hmmm. I know it's a reputable company that's been around for a long time so I don't know if this is just a cooincidence or not. Maybe some psycho hacked their site somehow, LOL.
Well.....I abstained from going to your site for the reasons above. It may be the page has a virus or simply that your virus software is reacting to some Java that is writing to your hard drive. Does your virus software have logs for you to examine exactly what was removed?

Antonio

Old 2005-12-22, 5:42am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antoņio
Well.....I abstained from going to your site for the reasons above. It may be the page has a virus or simply that your virus software is reacting to some Java that is writing to your hard drive. Does your virus software have logs for you to examine exactly what was removed?

Antonio
Hi Antonio--
I'll have to check the log--that was so bizarre, especially considering I was just on that site several times within the last couple weeks. Hmmmm.
Old 2005-12-22, 5:59am
Moving On

Thank you so much! I've even put the link in my toolbar! I was just sitting here thinking about colors, and PMing someone about how much trouble I have with colors that I don't personally like...This is just what I need so I can experiment with colors that OTHER people like (as DD says..."MOooooooom, you do know that there are colors other than blue, don't you?")--Gail

Old 2005-12-22, 6:01am
Nah, not really...;)

Very cool Antonio, thank you for posting

Carrie
Old 2005-12-22, 6:38am
Rose colored glasses…√

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gail Joseph
(as DD says..."MOooooooom, you do know that there are colors other than blue, don't you?")--Gail
Mine say the same thing about green! I own an automotive repair shop, so I always get dirty, and on occasion one of the girls will call, or one of my friends will call, and say "Let's go eat" or "Let's catch a movie", and I'll have to quickie purchase a shirt. I recently learned they take bets as to whether or not it will be "green" or "turquoise".

Antonio, back to topic, thanx for the link; love the color wheel, it just helped me make a decision on a bead!

Chris

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2005-12-22, 8:36am
It's time to sparkle

This will be very helpful when I revamp my website. I missed it a few weekes ago, so thanks!

Old 2005-12-22, 9:32am
Facebook addict

Great link, thank you!

Mini cc w/2, 5 lpm concentrators
Old 2005-12-22, 12:46pm
namaste

Hey guys...one more thing....

I just downloaded the program via the link on the page. It is a zipped file only about 56k in size. The zipped file is safer to download than an .exe file but you must have a zip utility to unzip it. (Whew!) Now I have it available in case the site goes away.

Anyway...it works great and has no viruses or adware attached.

Take care,

Antonio