Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2009-05-26, 8:40pm
giggety-giggety

What about Renee who was the original poster of the thread?
I would think that her problem should be solved before you sell more units like you have listed in the sale area.

My etsy:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2009-05-27, 9:53pm

Quote:
Hey Kathy, I am sorry as I told you on the phone. I do make promises that I intend to keep but "Murphey's Law" gets in the way. I will stop the promises and try to better estimate a time frame on the repairs. Your repair sounded so simple on the phone. But I had to order parts. Then the conversation I had with you led me to believe if I got the unit to you by that Friday, all would be good. I did tell you that I would overnight the unit if necessary. But it turned out that I could do a "Guaranteed Friday Delivery" for 207.00 versus the 400.00 overnight charge. I told you this on the phone and you told me you did not want me to pay the overinght charge. I am very sorry that you feel the way you do. I did everything in my power to make it happen for you. And I thought I had. jack
Jack, I'm sorry, but you have your stories mixed up again! When I spoke to you on Tuesday, you had just worked on my machine that same day, and determined that the only problem was the noise situation -- no parts had been ordered, as you had not even looked at my machine the prior week, over the weekend, or on Monday. I remember you telling me that you had "personal problems" that kept you from getting to work on my machine until Tuesday.

I told you that I didn't feel right about you having to pay a huge amount of money for overnight - which you told me might be as much as $1200. I want to have good service, but I don't want to put anybody out of business by making them pay crazy amounts of money! I told you that I had a show "STARTING FRIDAY", and you told me that you would get the machine to me before that, no matter what it took. You said nothing to me about not getting it to me until Friday, or I would have told you that it would be too late.

Things like so many of us getting smashed units should give you a huge clue that you have a problem - and should have fixed it after maybe the first one or two, not just continued doing a poor job of packing. Do you see what has us all so angry? You just continue to do the same WRONG things over and over again. It has reached the point that it is difficult to trust you, and for those of us who have had bad experiences, it's hard to just sit back and watch other oxy-con shoppers fall into the same mess that we have gotten into with you.

In my situation, if you had simply paid attention to what you were telling me - that you could get it back out of the shop in 1 or 2 days, and made sure that you did that, I would be on this forum arguing FOR you, not warning people away from you. It's the small details that can make or break a business, Jack. You are great at the big stuff - like building wonderful machines, but you don't do so well with the small things, like taking care of your customers on a day to day basis.

So, I'm totally PO'd at you for causing me to lose so darned much money when I was trusting you to get the job done as promised. On the other hand, now that I have the M-15 here, I'm thrilled with how well it works. It's a great unit, and I just hope and pray that it never breaks down, because I don't EVER want to have to go through this mess with you again! And I'm sure that you never want to hear from me again either!

Birdy
Old 2009-05-28, 9:05am
Sorry for party rockin'

Quote:
What about Renee who was the original poster of the thread?
I would think that her problem should be solved before you sell more units like you have listed in the sale area.

I wondered this too, I keep coming back to see if she's been taken care of!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-05-28, 11:04am

This thread is making me real nervous...

I have an Oxycon that is from Jack (bought through a vendor). It works great...thank God! My fear is that if it breaks down I will have no choice but to deal with this guy. Something I really don’t want to do.

So...is there anyone else out there that services these machines and can be trusted?

Old 2009-05-28, 11:21am

YIKES! I was going to purchase a lpm 10 concentrator in the next cpouple of weeks....Now I know who NOT to purchase from...Thanks for the tips guys!

Duane
Old 2009-05-28, 3:23pm
Formerly FishBulb

I heard from the glass studio today and I understand that one of the three that had been ordered has indeed been shipped. Thank you Jack -- I do hope it's the one with my name on it! (that's up to the studio, not you)

In Soviet Russia, Google searches you.
Old 2009-05-28, 5:26pm
Flaming Redhead!

For all the negative posts here how about a positive one?

I don't own 1 of Jack's concentrators...I own 2! Yep, was so happy with the first I bought a second one. With the exception of one very small, and easily fixed problem, I have had no issues with mine. One of them has been running daily for 3 yrs and the other for a year. And as to shipping? If you ask me (since I'm the one that had to unbox the things) it was overkill. There was so much hard cardboard wrapped in and around those concentrators there was no way it could have gotten damaged. And believe me, I've seen the handlers at the UPS station in Santa Cruz and they throw boxes around like footballs!

So, for what it's worth...I think there are many more people who are satisfied with their concentrators from UO than there are those who have had major issues...

A thing of beauty is a joy forever: its loveliness increases; it will never pass into nothingness.
- John Keats
Old 2009-05-29, 2:25am

This may be slightly off topic but I'll post anyways.
Many years ago one of my first jobs was in customer service for a major flooring distributor. The manager had a saying that went something like this:

"It takes ONE negative experience to influence TEN people in a negative manner
It takes TEN positive experiences to influence ONE person in a positive manner-
...Lets all concentrate on the greater as they are our future."

-author unknown

Duane

Last edited by demcc2; 2009-05-29 at 2:25am. Reason: fix spelling
Old 2009-05-29, 5:34am

We are also very satisfied customers. I have used an M10 and currently have a Toronado. We plan on purchasing more units soon. Jack has always returned calls and has responded to any questions and concerns we have had. The units have been cardboarded well, with about five inches of peanuts packed around this. I don't know how he could have packed our units any better. UPS does use packages as footballs sometimes, as I have seen drivers throw them from one end of a truck to another.
Lois Clark - Clark Art Glass
Old 2009-05-30, 10:07am

Quote:
Renee and I have been communicating. I have made a payment to her and the remainder of the refund will be on it's way to her soon. jack
I'm sorry but this is really scaring me. The machine my customer bought was an M-15. That was over $800. Back in December or January now. When all this went down, she was upset. Very upset as she sold her oxycons and used her Christmas money just to buy the new machine.
It was broken. Plain and simple....I told her it would be taken care of. Reassured her. I ended up having to take the money again, over $800 out of my own money to pay her until you paid me. Now it's June and you just decided to pay Renee back but are making payments to her? She only ordered an M-5 and you have to make payments? What about all the machines that you've sold here in the sale rack? How many other people do you owe if you can't refund her full amount.

The reason I'm worried is because, all you had to do was to file a claim with UPS. They are the one's that damaged the machine. They have insurance on the package so why wouldn't you allow them to pay for the damage? It wouldn't have come out of your pocket. It was UPS's damage NOT yours.....Or was it? Did you purposly put in a broken machine? Sound ridiculous? Probably but what business owner would not file a claim on an $800 machine when it was not their fault it was damaged? I just don't understand that. $800 is maybe a drop in the bucket for you but it's NOT for me.

You told me you had 12 other claims with UPS at that time. 12? 12? Um hello? Doesn't that signify a problem? Or how about this....I had 3 customers order from my site for your machines and NONE of them arrived in working order.
That's why I dropped the machines from my site. 1 okay...2 well not okay but we'll see what happens but 3? All in a row.

You know I kept my mouth shut for the longest time but something had to give. I have all the emails here and phone messages of the promises that you would send a call tag to me to get this machine back. I have the emails me promising a refund in a week or so.
When was it dated? February! I finally gave up and sent the machine back but here's the Fuckin Kickcer.....(Sorry for language but I'm PISSED)

I sent it back C.O.D. because it was a damaged unit and UPS filled out the forms. They said COD with Full payment due at the time of signature.
SO that means you have to pay them for what is owed to me Jack.
NOT Payments.....You have to pay them the full amount. I Paid Shipping again I wrote the check. So if you refuse the shipment and it comes back to me.
ALL HELL WILL BREAK LOOSE because I will NOT send this machine back to you again. If you refuse it, you are telling me to keep it and proceed with the next step!

I hate doing this on a public forum. You're a nice guy and I know that you have satisfied customers but the unsatisfied one's your just kicking around and taking your time.

These are lampworkers that are in the same boat as everyone else. Struggling to make it in this economy. They save up their birthday money and their Christmas money or any money they make from their beads to buy better equipment. I can only imagine their excitement when they can finally order these machines as I was so excited when I ordered mine. It's a big deal for them. And then to see them get tossed aside when they didn't do anything wrong...just really rattles my nerves. Renee is a customer of mine and she's been more than patient. More then willing to give you a chance as I was. How long do we have to wait. So I'm telling you now. The M-15 is on it's way to you. Have payment ready to give to UPS because again, if this machine comes back to me "Refused" I WILL file a small claims suit against you. I've done all that's asked of me. Now it's your turn to stand by the promise you made months ago and payments isn't going to work.
Sell one machine and save the money now!

Sorry to be so vocal but I'm just frustrated and very tired of this whole thing.
Why public? Because it seems that this is what it took for people to start seeing action on your part. Don't make a fuss, sweep it under the rug. Private emails and phone calls did NOTHING to fix this situation and we have been private for months. Hoping all of this has a purpose for better care in the future.

Last edited by Reenie; 2009-05-30 at 10:12am.
Old 2009-05-30, 11:12pm

Irene, I don't think you have been too vocal. I wouldn't have held back this long! He didn't send out a machine and except payments... no he wanted his money in FULL BEFORE sending it out. So why should ANYONE be put in the position of having to accept payments? I would file a small claims suit AND I would find his property and put a lien on it. Being vocal about SHITTY vendors is the ONLY way others will be saved from the shitty vultures... EVERYONE needs to be public and vocal about people like this...

Old 2009-05-31, 2:39am

I really, really,really don't want to take sides, but how about having more SATISFIED customers chiming in.....

Duane
Old 2009-05-31, 3:01am

Duane....that's not the point of the thread. There are MANY satisfied customers out there. As it should be. This thread is about getting refunds for damaged machines and not taking 5 months to do it...Oh I'm sorry 6 months.
It's about doing the right thing and taking care of problems that you created.
I hope there are more satisfied customers in the future and I think oxycons are one of the greatest inventions since sliced bread
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
but what good are they if they don't work and you can't get it fixed ;-(

Old 2009-05-31, 5:17am

Irene-

I am grateful that you posted your experience, and everyone else who posted also (good and bad). I had seen the advertisement for the sale in another thread and was debating between the M15 and the other big units he sells. He may have had great customer service and great machines in the past, but it is obvious from these posts and others, that this is no longer the case. As you said, I have saved up for a good oxy machine and would have been so frustrated. I appreciate your post so much, I can tell a lot of thought went into your response.

Rebecca
Old 2009-05-31, 12:39pm
Shelarious

I bought an M5 from ABR last summer, which was shipped from UO. Two broken units, alot of confusing phone calls, and emails, six weeks later, I received an M10 (free upgrade which was really wonderful of them) which works fantastically and I have not had any problems.

Old 2009-05-31, 1:04pm
Renee

Hi all- The original poster -Renee here! I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up with the thread. I have been doing shows and now am teaching glass fusing at Wm Holland for 5 weeks, so haven't had much time. Thank you so much for all your support. I did recieve 100.00 from Jack and he told me he would send the rest by the end of next week. All I can say is we can wait and see. I am having a really rough time right now (divorce- 21 years-need I say more??) so every dime is important to me and I need the money. I bought the machine in good faith (Irene- I did buy an M-15) and expected to have this all resolved way before this. I hope Jack follows thru on his promise, not only for me, but for all the other people out there with the same problems.

My other main issue is the packing. WHY are so many machines being broke in shipping??? If UPS is mishandling, then why aren't they paying up? I was rather surprised when it came with shrink wrap and peanuts. The first box wasn't marked fragile. It really didn't seem like a likely way to ship something. A good layer around the machine of sheet styrofoam might help. My machines were damaged, but the box wasn't. Couldn't figure that out. I hope all of you are enjoying your weekend and good luck! Will keep you posted as I have time. Renee

"All unattended children will be given an expresso and a FREE puppy!"
Old 2009-05-31, 1:34pm

Renee
Sorry about the M-15. I have another customer named "Renee" and she also bought a machine. First one broken, the second one worked. The first one is still sitting at her house
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sorry for the confusion. There really are ALOT of Renee's here lol

Old 2009-05-31, 2:20pm

When I purchased my concentrator from another supplier, it arrived in some kind of foam encased in plastic bags, that looked like it was somehow molded right around the unit for a perfect fit. I kept the packaging as instructed and used it when it was sent in for repair (without hassle, I might add). I think it returned in the same packaging -- 3 trips, no issues.
Old 2009-05-31, 5:13pm

Quote:
I purchased a load of 2 inch styrofoam board yesterday. Im gonna try that. Also UPS offers a better box than I have been using. 10.99 per box versus 5.50 per box. I never charge for handeling or boxes, only the exact charge UPS charges me. I guess I should start charging more for better boxes.
You might want to look into buying packing materials from a company that specializes in that sort of thing. I know U-line is one such company... if you do a search you should be able to find their website. I would request a catalog be mailed to you so you can actually take the time to go through it and see everything without waiting for pages to load, etc. They've got tons of stuff (boxes, bubble wrap, tape, etc) including material that can somewhat mold to the shape of the contents of your box.

Just a suggestion.

Old 2009-05-31, 7:35pm

I think you are the one on drugs. The UPS claim has to be filed by the shipper!! Then UPS goes out to the shippee/receiver and inspects the damage. The shipper is the only one with a claim. This post is enough to make me NEVER consider buying a machine from you. How rude!!

Quote:
The reason I'm worried is because, all you had to do was to file a claim with UPS. They are the one's that damaged the machine. They have insurance on the package so why wouldn't you allow them to pay for the damage? It wouldn't have come out of your pocket. It was UPS's damage NOT yours.....Or was it? Did you purposly put in a broken machine? Sound ridiculous? Probably but what business owner would not file a claim on an $800 machine when it was not their fault it was damaged? I just don't understand that. $800 is maybe a drop in the bucket for you but it's NOT for me.
Are you even suggesting that I am sending out broken machines??????Are you on drugs???????Of course I want every transaction to work out, Of course I want every thing to go smoothly!!!!!!!You act like I do this shit on purpose. And you keep stating 800.00. I didnt charge 800.00 for the unit, you did. I only charge you 450.00. Your customer DID end up with a good machine. I did send another. And I cannot file a claim with UPS WITHOUT the unit. You started asking for a refund BEFORE I recieved the unit back. You said you would send it back months ago. I have been waiting for the unit to show up. I will be happy to accept the UPS COD. I am the one who suggested you send it back COD.I told you on the phone that I would refund your money. I will be very happy to get you your money and put you behind me. I CANNOT believe that you would even suggest that I would send out broken units........ jesus!!

Old 2009-05-31, 7:57pm
"Sinners have soul too"

I'm sorry, I have to jump in here about the way my EX15 was shipped... it had a heavy duty box and the concentrator had form fitting styrofoam at the bottom and the top holding it in place in the box, there were no packing peanuts or whatever. It was sturdy enough that I kept the packaging "just in case" I ever needed to use it to send the machine back for service or whatever.

However, (there always is a "however" isn't there??) it did take several emails and a call to my CC provider with a charge reversal to get the unit.

So six of one half dozen of the other... as my gramma would have said

Old 2009-05-31, 8:45pm
moth to the flame

Then why wasn't Reenie sent a call tag? Did you expect her to pay for the return shipping?

I have a friend who had 2 delivered to her damaged (she had bought them from someone else) and she called her seller and reported it arrived damaged (both times) and they sent her call tags for the return of both machines. Both were shipped UPS too.

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2009-05-31, 9:17pm

Quote:
Are you even suggesting that I am sending out broken machines??????Are you on drugs???????At this point I WISH I was on drugs. It would make dealing with this a whole lot easier.Of course I want every transaction to work out, Of course I want every thing to go smoothly!!!!!!!You act like I do this shit on purpose. And you keep stating 800.00. I didnt charge 800.00 for the unit, you did. I only charge you 450.00. Yes I was charged $450 but her price was was over $800 so I had to pay her back the FULL retail amount NOT just what my price was. Your customer DID end up with a good machine No Jack This was another customer who got a broken machine. Not the other two that are still waiting on refunds! One got 2 machines the first was broken. The other one YOU are now making payment to who ordered in December or January and was the original poster in this thread and 3 the other one was another unit that Still yet to be compensated for! Total of 3 units! I did send another. And I cannot file a claim with UPS WITHOUT the unit. You started asking for a refund BEFORE I recieved the unit back. You said you would send it back months ago. I I have the email showing that YOU were the one that was going to send a refund to me for the shipping I already paid so I wasn't out shipping and a machine twice. Dated on February 16, 2009. You also said you'd send a call tag but that you had 12 other claims with UPS at the time. have been waiting for the unit to show up. I will be happy to accept the UPS COD. I am the one who suggested you send it back COD.I told you on the phone that I would refund your money. I will be very happy to get you your money and put you behind me. I CANNOT believe that you would even suggest that I would send out broken units........ jesus!!
Ya know what....at this point I really don't care. I'm fed up, tired of dealing with this. When you sell a machine you ask for money up front. NO payments. It shouldn't be any different on this end.
BTW Tracking number is 1Z970X417273020834
I'm sorry that it resulted to this....I soo didn't want it to be like this but it is and If I offended anyone by my posts, I am so very sorry. I'm just tired of promises made and not kept. After awhile....it just doesn't mean a thing!

Last edited by Reenie; 2009-05-31 at 9:20pm.
Old 2009-05-31, 9:22pm

Quote:
I really, really,really don't want to take sides, but how about having more SATISFIED customers chiming in.....

Duane
Start another thread for satisfied customers please! This thread is for PISSED OFF, RIPPED OFF, PUT OFF, VICTIMS !

Quote:
you are right, but I cannot file a claim without the unit or some proof that it was even damaged. You think Im rude? I guess you did'nt read her post very closely. I dont even file claims with UPS. It is completely useless. They never pay out. I had 300.00 insurance on the package. I usually just take the unit back for parts and replace it with another. I am never rude or mean to any of my customers. But a person can only take so much slander before biting back. It is what it is
This is not true Jack. They do pay off if a claim is filed properly. I can only imagine what your claims look like. You need to pay these people in full immediately. Do you realize how lucky you are that no one has pressed charges so far. I wouldn't press my luck if I were you. Money is to tight right now and everyone needs their money they same way you received it.... all at once!

Old 2009-05-31, 9:50pm
In search of her path....

Ok I want to chime in here, I had a machine that I bought from another glass artist that UPS damaged VERY badly in shipping. I filed a claim then you know what UPS does it deals with the person who SHIPPED the item. They have to do all sorts of stuff to even remotely be able to get the refund. The person i bought mine from shipped through a packing and shipping store so I had to deal with the store.

The store was great they mediated and tried to get UPS to pay the claim. I HAD pictures EXTENSIVE photos lots of them of the box, packing, unit and damage and it was VERY obvious that the damage was done in shipping.

The Store had a horrible time with UPS and ended up just filing a claim with their independant business insurance because UPS was SO TERRIBLE and was refusing to pay for their damages.

UPS is a total PITA with claims. I dont think they have EVER paid a claim I have had and I have only had 2-3 instances where I have had to file with them in 15 years. And ALL of the damage and problems I had were 100% from UPS and their handling of packages.

I also want to mention I called and PM'ed jack images of the damage. Jack offered to fix the machine for me as I was going to drive it down but instead I chose to just have him send the parts I needed and did the repair myself. I received the parts really quickly.

I am sorry so many of you are having problems.

Prints for sale in my
!

Last edited by IF-Designs; 2009-05-31 at 9:57pm.
Old 2009-05-31, 10:20pm
moth to the flame

Quote:
Ya know what....at this point I really don't care. I'm fed up, tired of dealing with this. When you sell a machine you ask for money up front. NO payments. It shouldn't be any different on this end.
BTW Tracking number is 1Z970X417273020834
I'm sorry that it resulted to this....I soo didn't want it to be like this but it is and If I offended anyone by my posts, I am so very sorry. I'm just tired of promises made and not kept. After awhile....it just doesn't mean a thing!
Don't feel bad Reenie, you should put the truth out there. The way you have been treated is just not right. He expects you to be out 800.00 and he can't even pay 200.00 that he owed another customer. I have never heard of business owner making "payments" back to a customer. Ever.

I really do it works out for everyone.

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2009-05-31, 10:50pm

Quote:
you are right, but I cannot file a claim without the unit or some proof that it was even damaged. You think Im rude? I guess you did'nt read her post very closely. I dont even file claims with UPS. It is completely useless. They never pay out. I had 300.00 insurance on the package. I usually just take the unit back for parts and replace it with another. I am never rude or mean to any of my customers. But a person can only take so much slander before biting back. It is what it is
You had proof. I sent these to you the day I received the unit. And you just admitted that you were the one who'd file a claim.
I told you straight out that I wouldn't send the machine back to you first because it wasn't my responsibility to pay for return shipping on a damaged unit in the first place and I was afraid that I was going to be out a machine AND more shipping charges.....and yes, I'm still afraid of this.

What's worse is another LE'r just directed me to a thread in the angry mandrel. Seems this has been happening since 2007. Bad checks for returned items, months to receive items or refunds, and promises that were never kept. All documented emails and everything.
So this isn't an isolated incident nor just someone trying to be mean for no reason.

Old 2009-06-01, 6:23am
Ezzy

Quote: Originally Posted by oxydoc
I dont even file claims with UPS. It is completely useless. They never pay out. I had 300.00 insurance on the package. I usually just take the unit back for parts and replace it with another. I am never rude or mean to any of my customers. But a person can only take so much slander before biting back.
************************************************** ************************************************** ********************

Looks like oxydoc deleted all his posts. I just need to comment on the quote Reenie got in there.

What is being said in this thread is not slander. Slander is words falsely spoken that damage the reputation of another. Looks to me like YOU, oxydoc, are damaging your own reputation by not conducting your business in a reputable manner.

This kind of crap has happened so many times in the lampworking community that it makes me sick. It makes me sick that people are compelled to go to a forum to correct a problem because the vendors just don't give a shit once they have the cash. It makes me sick that people who are ripped off get flamed. It makes me sick that people who have received successful orders feel they need to comment about the great service to diminish the extremely poor service others are given. It makes me sick when people offer to pay up for their rip-off vendor friends. It makes me sick to see vendors, like Oxygen Unlimited, try to justify ripping people off.
When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a meteorite hurtling to the Earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much hosed no matter what you wish for. Unless it's death by meteor.
Old 2009-06-01, 7:02am

I've been reading this thread on a daily basis. I have no love for Unlimited Oxygen or the second company, whatever it is called, that his brother opened. When they first opened their business I thought they were selling a bad product and I have not changed my opinion of the products they originally sold. However, over the past years their products seem to have improved and at this time I really wouldn't say anything bad about them. This is all just to give you the perspective of where I am coming from.

I think Oxydoc is just like many of us, struggling, having major financial problems because of the economy. I can imagine that when he gets money in for a concentrator it immediately goes out for parts for more concentrators and probably a little food and rent, nothing extra for financing refunds. I don't think he is a dishonest person, but I do think that he is having major problems. I think that showed when he mentioned that he might have to get the more expensive box from UPS, the one that cost $5 more. Come on, if you are selling a product that people are paying $800 for, why would you scrimp on the box and cost yourself untold problems because of the excessive amount of damage that we have all seen complained about, just to save $5. This has happened over and over again. Oxydoc seems to be a nice person who is trying his best, but making bad decisions. I wish him the best of luck, and I also wish all of you who have invested your savings with him the best of luck also. This economy is screwing everybody.

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

My Blog
Old 2009-06-01, 7:16am
Tacki

I have a question... it's probably a dumb one, but whatever.

What is the benefit of getting one of these machines for premium $$$ and having to deal with the high cost of shipping these, careless UPS drivers, middlemen, etc etc. Why not just go to a place near you and buy a refurbished medical oxycon? I'm sure there's a valid reason, but I don't know what it is...