Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Calls for Entries, etc.

Calls for Entries, etc. -- Calls for Entries, Contests, Exhibits, etc.

Old 2006-03-07, 4:16pm

Just emailed my pictures off. I have problems with attachments a lot of the time. If for some reason my pictures don't show up, please let me know. Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2006-03-07, 5:51pm
AKA Vanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lara
Just emailed my pictures off. I have problems with attachments a lot of the time. If for some reason my pictures don't show up, please let me know. Thanks.
Got 'em Lara. Beautiful work sister!!

Kim's Klub
. Come on, you know you wanna!!

"Mama, I need one of those beads in Elvis Red, Mint and Bubblegum." My Daughter Austyn, age 6 (Future Glass Artist)
Old 2006-03-07, 5:56pm
Satake Woman!

Kim,

I greatly appreciated the no fee submission, in exchange for giving a tutorial for my bead if it is chosen. I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Satake glass in stock and ready for you!
Old 2006-03-07, 6:02pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AVCKimberly
Got 'em Lara. Beautiful work sister!!
Kimberly

Thanks for letting me know they arrived. I don't know what it is about me and attachements, but for now, let's blame the email program. Yup, all it's fault.

Thanks for the compliment too.

Become a fan on Facebook:
Old 2006-03-07, 7:29pm
Goddess

Thanks Kim, I'd like to try this. I don't have any pictures to send you yet. I need to make aomething first
I'll probably be one of the slow ones, we do have til the end of May right?

Old 2006-03-07, 8:38pm
AKA Vanna

Lara, I so understand email problems hun!

Teresa, take your time! We have until the end of May.

I am just in awe of the talent in the photos that I am receiving! I feel so blessed to bear witness and be associated with such great talent!

Kim's Klub

"Mama, I need one of those beads in Elvis Red, Mint and Bubblegum." My Daughter Austyn, age 6 (Future Glass Artist)
Old 2006-03-08, 7:57am
AKA Vanna

Quick update. I am at work today. If you send in a submission or have a question, I will get back to you this evening.

Keep 'em coming! I love checking out all this eye candy!!

Kim's Klub

Old 2006-03-08, 12:13pm
AKA Vanna

Just to clarify. All I need right now is photos of your best work. Please hold off on sending tutorials right now. I am going to be sending a format for them with the acceptance of work into the book. I don't want you guys to have to do double the work.

I so wish you guys could see all of these gorgeous entries!!!

Thanks so much!!

Kim's Klub

Old 2006-03-11, 6:25pm
AKA Vanna

Teresa just alerted me that I had a typo in my original post. I had replaced COE with CEO. I guess I wanted the glass to be Chief Executive Officer of a major corporation!

Keep those entries coming!!! My mailbox is over flowing and I love it!!

Kim's Klub

Old 2006-03-13, 10:56am
Salt Marsh Studio, FL

Kim, I didn't even see that and probably wouldn’t in a million years. It's so fun being dyslexic.

another idea for boro workers...........

I would like to see what you do with amber purples/ passions. You don't have to have a pink of purple outcome. I know I can get the most gorgeous greens and turquoises. Just some food for thought.
Old 2006-03-13, 11:50am
BHB's- big honkin' beads!

I'm not much of a pink/purple guy but this looks interesting. I'm teaching at Bullseye this weekend and thier new pink absolutely rocks! Maybe I could do a pink/purple Warring States bead? Boy, those colors would really make it unique!
Cheers, Larry

Website is back up!!! Yipee!!!
Old 2006-03-13, 11:52am

[quote=AVCKimberly] I had replaced COE with CEO. I guess I wanted the glass to be Chief Executive Officer of a major corporation!

QUOTE]

I am in my office on my lunch hour surfing through LE and found your reply in this thread and am literally laughing with tears in my eyes...
For some reason, that just really struck me as hysterical.!!!

Is your COE, CEO? Bwahahhahaah!
Old 2006-03-13, 11:52am
AKA Vanna

Larry, that would be fabulous!!!! Thanks so much!

Kim's Klub

Old 2006-03-13, 11:55am
AKA Vanna

[quote=sleekbeads]
Quote:
I had replaced COE with CEO. I guess I wanted the glass to be Chief Executive Officer of a major corporation!

QUOTE]

I am in my office on my lunch hour surfing through LE and found your reply in this thread and am literally laughing with tears in my eyes...
For some reason, that just really struck me as hysterical.!!!

Is your COE, CEO? Bwahahhahaah!
I am so glad you laugh at my pain! <sarcastic grin> Seriously though, I live to make folks laugh...especially at work. That's not my funniest typo ever. I will try to think of some goodies for your tomorrow "laugh at work".

Kim's Klub

Old 2006-03-19, 7:06pm
Salt Marsh Studio, FL

6 weeks left

You know..... Gold leaf fumes a very cool pink, and we haven't had any of that submitted yet.

Layering is a good start if you don't have anything else in mind.

Got your own mix of frit?

Haven't received any fusing yet. I know you are out there!

More boro! Frit yes?

REACTIONS, always can use those!

We have received so many awesome entries, but the book can hold so many more. Please don't be intimidated. I don't usually bite, well sometimes Kim does.
Old 2006-03-19, 9:55pm
AKA Vanna

Hey, hey, hey! I only bite when provoked. Well, sometimes I nibble a bit.

Kim's Klub

Old 2006-03-30, 10:05pm
AKA Vanna

Well, it's officially March 31st and we are two months away from the deadline for submissions! If you haven't gotten yours to me yet, what are ya waiting on?

I have had many emails saying...but I don't work in Pinks or purples. Well, this is the time! Crank up that torch! You may be an afternoon and an email way from being published!

A few things to keep in mind....

**You don't have to start your work in Pinks or Purples, but if it results in either color...send it in!

**If you start your work in Pink or Purple and it ends up another color...send it in!

Let's all stretch together! I have uncovered lots of great things in these palettes by just playing around to see what I would get.

Kim's Klub

Old 2006-04-18, 2:27pm
AKA Vanna

Just a reminder that the deadline for submission of your work is May 31st! PLEASE do not be intimidated, we welcome the work of ALL glass artist regardless of experience!

Get those submissions in....you don't want to have one of those 'V8 moments' the first day of June when the deadline is over.

Thank you to all that have submitted so far! All I can say is WOW, WOW, WOW!!! I have the most beautiful email box ever!

Kim's Klub

Old 2006-05-01, 5:28pm
Student of DachZen

Quote:
Get those submissions in....you don't want to have one of those 'V8 moments' the first day of June when the deadline is over.

Thank you to all that have submitted so far! All I can say is WOW, WOW, WOW!!! I have the most beautiful email box ever!
Hey, Kim - if we come up with something else interesting after submitting one item, can we submit another? Or would you rather keep it to one submission per person so things don't get out of hand?

thanks!
Teresa
Old 2006-05-01, 5:42pm
AKA Vanna

YES! Please submit anything else you come up with!! The more submissions the better I say.

Kim's Klub

Old 2006-05-24, 7:01pm
AKA Vanna

Just a reminder....

The deadline to get your submissions in for the book is approaching quickly! We only have one week to go. If you were waiting to send in your photos, now would be a great time!

We have so many beautiful entries! I can't wait to reveal all to you guys when the publication is finished!

BTW...we have a few surprises up our sleeves for all of the artist. As if you needed yet another reason for submitting.

Kim's Klub

Old 2006-05-25, 7:04am
Salt Marsh Studio, FL

Kim, that bar thing is darned cute. You know of all the cool toys!

I have wrangled a few good men for this project but still need some more.

Great googleimoogly! I think I will explode keeping all the names a secret.

Oh need more submissions for playing around with Boro Amber/purples or passions, your know the glass. Anywho, It can end purple it just doesn’t have to end up purple of pink. I know I can get greens and blues out of it. Articles needed more than gallery subs, but will consider both.

Notice no cute ticker finger below so sad eh?
Old 2006-05-25, 7:08am
Back from the Dark Side

Woohoo! I was thinking i needed to play with boro tonite

~
~
~
Steal List - 48, 50, 60, 32, and 29 for now
Old 2006-05-25, 7:18am
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

I send in an entry..... it scares the bejeebers out of me since I see so many great artist have already entered their work. keeping my fingers crossed

Suzanne

Old 2006-05-25, 8:09am
AKA Vanna

Suzanne, your submission are great! There is no need in the world to be nervous sister!!!

Lori, I didn't come up with that bar thing....they are all over LE. Aren't they great? But, yes I do know about all the cool new tools and neat pictures. Check out the one on my Journal page today, it's a goodie!!

Kim's Klub

Old 2006-05-25, 8:22am
Satake Woman!

I am waiting anxiously to see if one of my beads made it. I know mine aren't as spectacular as some people's, but if I don't try I can't make it. At least that is what I keep telling myself when I get rejected from jurried art shows.

Old 2006-05-25, 10:25am
AKA Vanna

Jo, don't even say that into existence! Your beads are great!!! And even more over you are opening up an entire new world to bead makers with Satake glass! I am very proud of you!!!

Kim's Klub

Old 2006-05-25, 11:45am
Satake Woman!

Kim, you are such a sweetie. Now if only the darn glass would get here from Japan....

Old 2006-05-29, 2:40pm
Back from the Dark Side

Well, I just sent mine in! Let me know if you need more info please!

~
~
~
Steal List - 48, 50, 60, 32, and 29 for now
Old 2006-05-29, 9:02pm
AKA Vanna

Thank you Lynn, I got 'em.

The submissions are just pouring in, you guys are keeping me very busy! Thank you all so much!!

Kim's Klub