Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Beads of Courage > Beads of Courage

Beads of Courage -- Discussion for all things Beads of Courage; the only not-for-profit, arts-in-medicine program putting to use the talents of glass beadmakers to uplift children dealing with life threatening illnesses, their families and the people who care for them. Families, clinicians and artists alike are welcome to join in! (Thank you to Lampwork Etc. for supporting Beads of Courage and helping to foster communication!) PHOTOS OF INDIVIDUALS OR CHILDREN ONLY ALLOWED WITH THEIR SPECIFIC CONSENT.

Old 2012-10-14, 11:23am
I think I could be a bead

Default A Mom Posted This on My FB page. Keep a tissue Handy!

Mallory, I wanted to take a minute and say thank you, thank you, thank you for all that you make for beads of courage. My daughter is currently in CHOP in Philadelphia waiting to hear her treatment schedule for a medullablastoma. This morning, a cutie pie named Courtney, who is nine, came in to talk to my daughter about getting a Lumbar Puncture and a port installed. She was telling cara about how much better she will feel with a port because she won't need IVs or needle sticks anymore and she said that she counted her beads of courage and had 25 commemorating all of the times she had been stuck during her ongoing treatment for leukemia. I have some of my jewelry stuff here to keep me occupied during the down time, and I made her a bracelet as a way of saying thanks for sharing her experiences with cara. Now it is time to say thank you for giving Kids like Courtney a beautiful and positive way to count down their treatments. Please pass this on to all of your magic glass making friends who support this amazing cause. It truly is the little things like this that make a kids day go from awful to "I can do this". All the best. ~ Kerry

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-10-14, 4:14pm

Mallory - that is wonderful! I know this made your heart smile!

Old 2012-10-14, 5:08pm
Loving learning

Thank you for sharing that. I'll be remembering it next time I'm at the torch, and many more times I'm sure.
Old 2012-10-17, 5:28am

It's always great to hear feedback from the kids and parents working their way towards a cure and that coveted Purple Heart. The beads do change lives for the better! Thanks for posting your message and thanks to everyone for all you do for Beads of Courage.
Robert