Lampwork Etc.

Send a PM to CorriDawn!

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2008-04-11, 10:38am
Bead Crazy!

Default Zooziis Slim SSL is AWESOME!

I got two new presses yesterday. I am in love!

The "Slim SSL" is the easiest press I have EVER used. Wow. Even eaiser than the regular SSL. I also love the fact that with this press you have the option of the "small trio" or the "large trio" because I never use the smallest of the trio (the 13mm) so now I can use all three -- 15mm, 18mm and 21mm.

And the "Make Your Own Rounds" press...makes life so much easier when trying to make round beads like marbles and for uniformity. You can have it made to order with the sizes you want. I got a trio with 10mm 13mm and 16mm.

After actually presssing a few, I am now able to get the bead about 99% right without pressing! Just using the cavity for sizing. Love it. The finished beads are great.

Will try to get some photos up later.

Thanks a bunch Amy!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-04-25, 11:51am
moth to the flame

I would love to see pics of both if you have any!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2008-04-25, 11:54am
Etch Fiend Organic Junky

I have this press. Can you tell me what shape the "bead" needs to be before pressed? I'm obviously not laying down the glass correctly as I'm getting something similar to a lentil on the ends.

Old 2008-04-25, 12:23pm
Bead Crazy!

Amber,

I do a fat football shape. (not quite round) I have gotten those lentil indents a few times and think it was because my footprint was not wide enough.

I first wind a small amount of glass onto the mandrel the width of the press cavity. Then I add more glass to the center and keep adding until it is a plump football shape.

When I got the lentil indents I was able to correct it by warming the indentation and then adding a dot of glass and re-pressing. (maybe more than once to get it right)

Hope that helps.

Susan

Last edited by slupton; 2008-05-22 at 1:10pm.
Old 2008-04-25, 12:24pm
Your Royal Fritness

Amber, I make a football shape just shy of the mandrel ends. I use Mike's but it is the same style. Once you make a few of them you won't have any problems. The slim presses don't use much glass as well.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
My customers LOVE this slim shape.

Dawn

Old 2008-04-25, 12:28pm
Bead Crazy!

Finally, here's a photo of the 18mm and 21mm ssl and a 12mm round one.

The slim ssl's remind me of cattwalk's button press. I loved the shape of the button beads, but had a hard time with the press. Just could not ever get it right. User error I'm sure!

For some reason I was able to get this right on the first try.

To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-04-25, 12:34pm
yukue fumei

oop--wrong thread! Sorry!

nagi

Old 2008-04-26, 9:01am

I actually make a round bead for pre press shape. I'd agree that if you are getting indents you don't have enough glass. I also find that pressing more then once gives you a better shape, if you aren't doing that already.

You can always email me if want any help trouble shooting. I do all my own testing so I can better answer questions, so please feel free to use me as a resource!

My Daughter and Husband Wrote a book.

The Car Catch-all...the most useful non-lampworking item ever!
Old 2008-04-26, 9:07am
moth to the flame

Thanks for the pics!

I saw the rainbow set on etsy I think it was, very pretty!

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2008-04-26, 9:16am
CindyLynneGlass

Whoo Hoo just got my very first Press and it is the slim SSL from Zooziis I cant wait to try it out!! Got some smooth and tough release to go with it.... any other advise for the press Newb?!

Old 2008-04-26, 4:43pm

Don't be afraid to PLAY with it, have fun! Find your own favorite way of working with presses, and try lots of different types and colors of glass!
HAve FUN!
Quote:
Whoo Hoo just got my very first Press and it is the slim SSL from Zooziis I cant wait to try it out!! Got some smooth and tough release to go with it.... any other advise for the press Newb?!

Thank You to ALL of my friends
who have journeyed
With me thru my elbow injury
and recovery!

:
Old 2008-04-27, 2:29pm
CindyLynneGlass

Thanks Lynnie! Cant wait to play with it I keep hearing it call to me!