LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Free Tutorials

Old 2013-02-03, 10:14am
I'm a lilac!

Thank you all so much! That was my second try; the first one is without the seed beads. I'm still trying to decide whether to sell the second one, or whether to give it as a gift; with the seed beads it took so long to make that I'm not sure I can charge as much as my time is worth.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-07-22, 1:51pm
N2Beadz

Okay just brought the Treasure Bracelet thread back to the top. Now for this one. Anyone still making these? I miss seeing everyone's work in pics. I have a huge stash of leathers, threads, beads, and buttons to make hundreds more of these. Problem is I like them all so much I hardly sell any unless I make a duplicate.

Old 2013-07-22, 3:42pm
Still makin' flowers...

Yah, they are still popular, Donia!

Take a look at the Chan Luu website. She's still going strong with the wrap bracelets, although there's a number of "new" ideas. There's an add-a-charm system and a whole bunch of tribal colors.

I just haven't had a chance to look and comment on this thread much - I should go back and really take a look at some of the tutorials in this free section and let everyone know what I great job I think they've done with my freebies.

----
edited to add: whoops. Meant to add a link to the "official" website. http://www.chanluu.com/shop/

--NEW and Updated Beading Tutorials for all levels
!
Old 2013-08-07, 8:53am
tiptrinket

Default Learning experience

This was my second attempt. It is a combination of ladder stitch and "Bollywood". I can see how you learn from each one you make.

Name:  001.jpg
Views: 1669
Size:  33.0 KB

Name:  003.jpg
Views: 1466
Size:  28.6 KB

Name:  002.jpg
Views: 1599
Size:  30.0 KB

Name:  004.jpg
Views: 1538
Size:  35.9 KB

Old 2013-08-07, 12:20pm
N2Beadz

Tippy, love the change up between the two styles in one bracelet.

Old 2013-08-07, 12:46pm
tiptrinket

Thank you. Like I said, I think I will learn a little with every one I make!

Old 2013-08-12, 8:19am
Queen Tut ;)

I remember when you first posted this and I put it on my list to try.

This time around, I swear I'm gonna try this. Really!

Old 2013-08-13, 6:05am
Still makin' flowers...

Love it, tiptrinket!

The version below is done with the two-hole pyramid beads from York Beads. It was designed by Kandra of Kandra's Beads in California.

!
Old 2013-10-19, 3:26pm

Thanks Hannah, this was fun to do. Thank you for the tutorial
Old 2013-10-21, 4:29pm
Still makin' flowers...

Lovely, beadtress!

Hey, Donna! Show your new one!

!
Old 2013-10-21, 4:49pm
"Sinners have soul too"

It was all Hannah's idea... I just executed it before she did.
Attached Images

Old 2013-10-28, 6:10am
ChiWowWow Mom

Very pretty Donna!
Old 2013-11-03, 6:09pm
N2Beadz

Donna, gorgeous and so very unique.

Old 2013-12-07, 8:43am
Still makin' flowers...

Adore that one Donna. Thanks much for sharing!

Here's my newest, made of thai dupioni silk. I made it in Southwestern Colors to teach at the Best Bead Show in Tucson February 2014.
Attached Images

!
Old 2013-12-07, 9:51am
"Sinners have soul too"

Heh, I was looking for the *Like* button. I love yours! Mine is just meh. I need to figure out how to get the fabric to cooperate better.

Old 2013-12-07, 10:56am
Still makin' flowers...

Donna: I twisted it. I love yours.

!
Old 2013-12-07, 11:16am
"Sinners have soul too"

and this is why you get paid the big bucks =) Twist! Of course. Thanks Hannah!

Old 2013-12-07, 11:19am
Still makin' flowers...

Big bucks? Where? :/

!
Old 2013-12-07, 3:07pm
"Sinners have soul too"

Lol...

Old 2013-12-09, 7:25am
ChiWowWow Mom

Love them both, Donna's and Hannah's!
Old 2016-08-20, 3:46pm
N2Beadz

Anyone still making these?

I've made a few more and added to my own stash. Purchased a few lampwork buttons off Etsy and created some designs using the color combos from the lampwork buttons. The seller didn't indicate the lampwork artist.

Took pics on my iPhone. Haven't tried to post on here from that as of yet. Can't be but so hard I guess with today's technology. Anyone interested in reviving this thread?

I still have so many lampwork buttons in my stash. I really need to get inspired and crank a bunch more of these brackets out. Problem is I end up keeping them in my own stash.

Last edited by donia; 2016-08-20 at 5:37pm.
Old 2016-08-20, 3:50pm
Loving learning

There isn't anything wrong with making yourself some pretty stuff, and I'd love to see!

Hit Post reply, bottom left of the last message in the thread, then manage attachments and browse for it, upload it, and then it should show in your reply once you post..
Old 2016-08-21, 12:45pm
N2Beadz

Finally took a pic of the bracelet I mentioned in earlier post. Etsy seller didn't know who made the lampwork button so I can't give credit where it's due. I have another button like it just the colors not as bright and the ruffles drawn out more. Hope the quickly pic does it justice.

Thanks for the info Eileen. My pics wouldn't load the usual method. Had to use the little paper clip helped to resize.
Attached Images

Last edited by donia; 2016-08-21 at 12:56pm.
Old 2016-08-22, 5:28am
ChiWowWow Mom

I still see them in various styles. Need to get out my leather and make a few.

Love yours Donia...very pretty.
Old 2016-08-22, 8:51am
Loving learning

Very nice, and the beads and the button really look like they were made for each other.
Old 2016-08-22, 9:32am
Still makin' flowers...

That's really lovely, Donia! Beautiful button.

I think they are still in high style. I've sold quite a few just in the past two months.
Here's one from the fall collection of Chan Luu. Its $320!!!!
https://www.chanluu.com/wrap-bracele...kansa-leather/

!
Old 2017-04-08, 5:18am
addicted to dichro

I saw this in the bathroom yesterday, how did I miss this? I'm hoping you could help me out, the link for the c lon macrame thread doesn't work any longer and I'm not sure which type is the right kind to buy.

Old 2017-04-08, 7:19am
Still makin' flowers...

Try this link and let me know if it works...
http://caravanbeads.com/CLC

---
I'll go back and edit the original tutorial once I know its good...

!

Last edited by HannahRachel; 2017-04-08 at 10:21am.
Old 2017-04-08, 7:43am
addicted to dichro

Yes, thank you so much Hannah!

Old 2018-06-09, 3:10pm
N2Beadz

Came across some more lampwork buttons that were gifted to me when this craze was in full gear. I feel like pulling my huge stash out and working a few up. If not soon surly when the outdoor temps are too much to enjoy being outdoors in the garden. Working in the heat is enough.

For kicks I even purchased a few different contraptions that are suppose to hold the leather in place while working the beads across the leather. Now to find them. Hey the original method worked well.

Anyone else into reviving this style bracelet?