Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Jelveh Designs - Glass Beads Torched One-by-One

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2008-10-15, 6:49pm
Out walking the dog

Well I was lucky and got one and I now realize how lucky I was to receive it. I have ordered from Mike in the past and he is the first place I go when I am looking for something new with which to play. I have only had good service and I cringed when I saw the beginning of this thread but hooray for everyone who voiced their support. It was just a shame that they had to.

If anyone lives near Mundelein, IL - I'll share!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-10-16, 12:26am

help

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-10-16, 2:29am
The Crazy One

Here I go and I know better, but daymn I have to do it... To those of you I may offend, I apologize in advance.

Ms/Mrs/Mr Mad Hatter If I had 5 pounds of glass to send you to shut you up I would! Not that you deserve anything. If this is a tragedy for you, I am so sorry for you. Being you must not be an overly pleasant experience, if you feel the need to harp on this.. Limited is LIMITED! What does the dictionary have to say about "limited:"

lim·it·ed –adjective
1. confined within limits; restricted or circumscribed: a limited space; limited resources. OK so we can rack this one up to resources. X number of boxes X +++ number of orders. First come first served. Sorry

2. restricted with reference to governing powers by limitations prescribed in laws and in a constitution: a limited monarch. The "monarch" AKA Mike did what he could by making MORE boxes to make MORE people happy. Sorry you weren't one of them. See 1. regarding first come first first served but with your attitude, maybe not so much.

3. characterized by an inability to think imaginatively or independently; lacking originality or scope; narrow: Sad, if I had the ability to be able to afford to order one of these boxes, I would have dreamed of what would be in it! A short of streaky pink? Kwell I'd send it to Booger! A smidge of dark opal yellow? Off to Shawn it would go. That old coral, Angie loves it. and on and on... Being content and sharing is a beautiful thing, try it sometime, you may like it

IF I had the resources to have ordered one of these boxes I would have looked at it as a lottery ticket. What ever I won (aka the glass in the box) I would shared with my friends. And yes I have seen what is in a Frantz mix and yes I snagged bits for my friends and kept nothing for myself. Giving is so so much better than receiving! That in its self is a gift only you can give yourself.

My wish for you is peace, an ability to comprehend, acceptance, and the joy in seeing others thrilled over a simple bit of glass.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2008-10-16, 4:47am

Loco-

You are wonderfully extra special and should be watching your mail as a package is going to the Post Office today....

Amen.

Sue
and the present is a gift.
Old 2008-10-16, 5:50am

Loco,
You said it. Me thinks someone protests too much. Limited is limited. BTW I live in Wisconsin too and when someting is marked limited it means they don't have a large supply of it. It could mean 2 it could mean 10 it could mean 100. I don't think it was meant as anything but limited. There are 100's of people who visit this site, Frantz's site, etc. on a daily basis and the orders, I'm sure came in fast and furious. Just ask Dave from Art in the Round about his orders on the impress. Within a short period of time he was literally buried under the number of orders for this fantastic item and it wasn't even on a sale or anything. So MadHatter..............stop your whinning........you missed out on this one.............it doesn't mean you can't take advantage on the next one and it doesn't mean that you were singled out in any way. You've over-reacted and are experiencing what I'd refer to as sour grapes. JMHO.
___________________________-
Roberta

Old 2008-10-16, 5:56am

You know, I think I got one! It shows up on my invoice anyway. I'll know Monday. And you are right, it is because I am very special and when they saw that it was ME ordering, they pulled Mad Hatter's and gave it to me.

I believe Frantz provides ample opportunities for people to get very good deals on a regular basis. Their selection is great, the sales are great, the communication is great, and the service is great. Great great great.
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ample rebuttal to "baid and switch" and "scam" allegations (smears?) have been made, so I will not jump in on that. I just want to add my 2 cents that Frantz is an outstanding vendor.
Old 2008-10-16, 9:07am
Master Procrastinator

Touche Loco! (now where is that little accent thingy??) I didn't even see this offering by Mike. Don't know how I missed it cause I certainly spend way more time on this forum than I should.

Though I try to spread my buying power, limited as it is, to as many wonderful vendors on this forum as I can, Mike is the last person I would accuse of being anything other than forthright & giving. I mean he just gave away A TRIP TO ITALY for God's sakes!!!

Old 2008-10-16, 9:27am

Mad Hatter: Who among us hasn't been disappointed about one thing or another. We can dwell on the negative or focus on the positive. Contemplate my signature...it really works! Be happy and embrace the good in your life! My own experience is that there are a lot of great people on this forum. Amazingly good, kind, and generous people. I'm relatively new to this forum but I learned that lesson quickly. Anyway, time to move on and move forward.

BTW: I've been buying from Frantz from the beginning...and I love, love, love the company. Very easy to work with, generous, great customer service. So sorry you had a bad experience...that is not the norm! Be well!

Old 2008-10-16, 8:52pm
Frustrated Artist

Quote:
Ms/Mrs/Mr Mad Hatter If I had 5 pounds of glass to send you to shut you up I would! .
I cleaned off my bench the other day and have over a pound of shorts that anyone could have. Now you got to understand that for me shorts are all under 1-2 inches. I use the glass up until the tips of my finger are burnin, then I use my rod holder to get that last little bit LOL

Hell if it is nice glass (Poppy and such, when they get to an inch I melt them onto the end of a longer clear rod and use every last drop.

Old 2008-10-20, 4:25am
BeadsonCypress

I think she left the room. Maybe she realizes she was WRONG!!!!!! Thanks Mike for even letting know that you had ANY!!!

7+ years and growing - Mini-CC and O2 generator
Old 2008-10-20, 1:25pm

I got one too, no problem, it arrived today. There were A LOT of 4-5 inch pieces...I'll probably use them to make my custom colors for Caribbean beads. but I have a short piece of 591610 - anyone know what it is?

If anyone wants some of the shorter pieces speak up.. you can have them for the cost of shipping!
HUgs to all of you!
Lynnie

Quote:
Got one... Wonder how many they had?

Thank You to ALL of my friends
who have journeyed
With me thru my elbow injury
and recovery!

:
Old 2008-10-20, 2:00pm
aka Spawn Of Flame

Quote:
but I have a short piece of 591610 - anyone know what it is?
I looks like it is an Effetre Cool color. Look at Hayley's post here (third bead down):

--
--
--

Old 2008-10-20, 3:39pm

Wow THANKS! I would have never guessed Blue, the rod is as dark as IB~ thanks for the link!
Quote:
I looks like it is an Effetre Cool color. Look at Hayley's post here (third bead down):

Thank You to ALL of my friends
who have journeyed
With me thru my elbow injury
and recovery!

:
Old 2008-10-20, 5:03pm
Living out Loud

Hi, I got mine today. But even if I had not gotten one I would certainly not have been that upset. I also remember meeting Mike at the Gathering in Kansas City and getting some of those wonderful $5.00 bundles of premium glass, what a deal. Sometimes we don't get what we want, but that's just life

Old 2008-10-20, 5:09pm

Quote:
Im jazzed I got an email saying I got one! I havnt ordered glass or bought class in forever! I need to get my torchy up and running again but im trying to figure out the kiln issue...no where to put my big one here
anyway I am just excited to have gotten a box and to see what I got! I ordered some more clear too because I know im out! or almost ! lol so when I DO get to torch again ill have some!
Yeah. Glad you got some.
If you have time but no kiln, swing by here. If I'm not home, you know how to get it, turn stuff on and all. Except the second gas shut off by the south door.