Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2010-01-25, 2:56pm
DSDWC

Default Source for Die Cut Foam Rubber for packaging

I am looking for some place that will cut this for me out of foam rubber.

Anybody out there have a connection?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-01-25, 3:00pm
Happy Beadmaker!

But, Trey, if it is soft foam, can't you just cut slits in the piece of foam at intervals and just tuck the icles in the slits? The foam will accommodate them just fine...that way you spare yourself the expense of pricey diecuts and put it in Dylan's college fund instead.

Just sayin'

~
~
~
Old 2010-01-25, 3:04pm
DSDWC

That is a very interesting idea!!!!!

Old 2010-01-25, 3:09pm
Happy Beadmaker!

It'll do you just fine, especially with the long thin icicles -- I do it for beads all the time. Another tip for blown ornaments -- ice cream shops like BaskinsRobbins get their cones shipped to them in special foam/styrofoam packaging and are happy to give them to you instead of trashing them, ck it out sometime. The shapes are very accommodating for ornaments.

HTH,
Lea

~
~
~
Old 2010-01-25, 3:43pm
DSDWC

It still would be nice to have it pre cut.
I am talking about needing at least 100 pieces cut to fit a box and slotted for the icicles.
That's a whole lot of cutting!

Old 2010-01-25, 3:53pm
Happy Beadmaker!

You're right, I wasn't thinking in mass quantities -- more like a dozen per order! If I come across anything, I'll let you know.

~
~
~
Old 2010-01-25, 4:14pm
DSDWC

It is a dozen per box but over 100 boxes!

Old 2010-01-25, 4:23pm
Borovangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey Cornette View Post
It still would be nice to have it pre cut.
I am talking about needing at least 100 pieces cut to fit a box and slotted for the icicles.
That's a whole lot of cutting!
Not to mention that foam's pricey. Best to find someone with a wholesale hookup.

See if Uline knows of anyone (or can do it)

|
|
Old 2010-01-26, 8:29pm
Miss my BoBo Griff

Hi Trey,
You might try here http://www.thefoamfactory.com/packag...knpluckcr.html
there was another I saw but can't think of it right now. If this doesn't work let me know and I will try to find the other.
chrisann

Old 2010-01-26, 9:34pm

Wow, that's one fun site!
Old 2010-01-26, 9:38pm
Borovangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisann View Post
Hi Trey,
You might try here http://www.thefoamfactory.com/packag...knpluckcr.html
there was another I saw but can't think of it right now. If this doesn't work let me know and I will try to find the other.
chrisann
That's awesome!! I've been looking for a cheaper source for eggcrate foam. That stuff's expensive!

|
|
Old 2010-01-27, 1:59pm

Cool site, I'm ordering some eggcrate foam!!!
Mary T.

Old 2010-01-27, 2:22pm
DSDWC

Thanks for the link. I am contacting them now

Old 2010-01-27, 2:50pm
Miss my BoBo Griff

Glad ya'll liked it here are a few more or just do a google search for pick and pluck foam
chrisann
http://www.caseman.com/Case-Foam-Set...FRyfnAod_BUo0Q
http://www.foamerica.com/SearchResul...FRmfnAodwCvC1A
http://www.caseclub.com/foam_custom....FRMhnAodGROxLA

Old 2010-01-27, 3:51pm
ManBearPig

We used United Case (www.unitedcase.com) for something like that a few years back. They were by far the cheapest and we got them in like a week, but the minimum was well over 100...