Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Website help and critique

Website help and critique -- Get assistance with your website.

Old 2009-10-19, 7:35pm
Glass Lover

Default E-commerce/Shopping Cart Softwares - opinions?

Hi All,

Ok, so I'm entertaining the idea of setting up a "real" E-commerce site.

Frankly?
They scare the pee-diddly out of me - they all look so frighteningly complicated! Huge learning curve kinda scary.
I'm pretty sure I can do it, it's just a matter of knuckle down, slide down the learning curve and get her done.

Right now I'm looking at what's already provided thru my cPanel...
OsCommerce, ZenCart and CubeCart. Anybody have any advice about these? Or a better one? Ease of management? How about loading your goods? Bugs? Anything else I'm not thinking of right this minute?

Appreciate all insights - TIA!

Last edited by BarbR; 2009-10-19 at 7:37pm.
Old 2009-10-19, 11:35pm

Barbara, I use zencart, its a pig to set up initially but once thats done, listing items and maintenance on the site is a piece of cake

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
#D45
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-10-20, 7:21am

I use Mal's eCommerce. I have a tutorial on setting it up and an Excel spreadsheet for creating buttons. Go get them.

http://www.websitetechnician.com/cart-setup/

Mal has changed his look since I made the tutorial but the main pages are the same.

Steve

Old 2009-10-20, 3:13pm
ManBearPig

I use X-cart. Works like a charm. www.x-cart.com

Old 2009-10-20, 9:12pm
Glass Lover

Thanks so far guys, I'm-a checkin 'em all out.
Old 2009-10-20, 9:19pm
And silence is golden

AvenueBeads uses ZenCart. I truly love to shop there just because it's so easy to navigate and it isn't all cluttered with ads for other items popping out at you constantly. How well it is to set up is beyond me. I just like to shop in a comfortable estore! It is also very attractive and simple!
Old 2009-10-30, 6:38am
Cats & Glass!

I love ZenCart and install it/customize it for a lot of people. On my own site, I just installed VirtueMart. Gotta say, it's kinda cool - check it out! http://www.pigeonpointglass.com.

Ebay -
Etsy -
Blog -