Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Frantz Art Glass & Supply

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2011-03-04, 3:38am

Default Display info

Mornin' everyone! Can anyone suggest a place to purchase displays (trays, stands, etc) for my beads and some jewelry? I know Rio Grande has some but what are some others?

Thanks

Duane

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2011-03-04, 7:33am
Lampworkaholic!

I like Jemco - and it's just down the road from me. Nile is another place I have heard recommended.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2011-03-04, 8:27am
Wendy

Some of the members of our local jewelry meetup group have bought from here and been pleased: http://www.jewelboxco.com/

Quote:
... Although that's probably part of what makes an artist a true artist.. you create things that you like and then wonder if anyone else could possibly like them without having seen the rest of the story that's still in your head. ~Me
Old 2011-03-04, 8:40am
Crispy Critter

I get all my displays from Nile.

Old 2011-03-04, 8:43am
Salt Box Beads

Type in the following words into google and then hit images...you will see oodles of displays.

metal rotating jewelry displays

This blog link has some good pictures of different display options.

http://movies-malachiwyatterasmus.bl...r-jewelry.html
Old 2011-03-04, 9:07am

Try www.fetpak.com they have lots of display items.
Old 2011-03-04, 9:15am
Bead maker and bead buyer

I use Nile too. They have some really good sales from time to time.

Since no one put a link to their website, it's www.nilecorp.com
Old 2011-03-04, 12:53pm

Nile has good quality. I have ordered from them many times and have always been pleased.
Old 2011-03-04, 5:00pm
Sheila Davis Designs

http://www.firemountaingems.com/jewe...s.asp?navsrc=2

Old 2011-03-04, 9:43pm
Adrian

try 'gemsondisplay'. sorry don't know how to link. nice variety, good prices and they ship fast.
adrian
Old 2011-03-04, 10:36pm
grama punky - class junky

storesupply.com has some nice things very reasonable. I have only purchased the aluminum jewelry case with twelve tray but super quick service and as I said...good prices.

Old 2011-03-05, 4:03am
Formerly Deesigned Beads

I am moving away from the manufactured displays. Most of it in my shop is handmade ones. I have some busts that a good friend made with wire and papier mache. They attract as much interest as the work on them. When they get damaged, I just add a few bits of tissue paper to it, and they are good as gold!

He made it with a light attachment inside, but I no longer use that. The light does not play very nicely with transparent glass

Old 2011-03-05, 9:22am
Sheila Davis Designs

I find a lot of cool dispays at the thrift stores too.You just have to think outside the box.
Bulletin boards work great,covered with fabric like black velvet or painted.Use those pretty ball straight pins to pin necklaces on and hang the board at eye level.

Old 2011-03-05, 10:21am
Glass-aholic

I always do the think outside the box thing!!! I have metal scroll paper towel holders (they go horizontal) That I picked up at a discount store on a clearance rack that are PERFECT! I also have a basket hanger rack that I love in rod iron... and so much more! I love unconventional! I love those 3 tiered metal pie stands! they are great to hold dishes of beads (you can get the mini's too) or to hand earrings on! I got a big response with earrings hung on them. Its a little bit of a pain to hang them every time, but worth the sales! TJ Max and home goods are great places to look for cool things! I also find that I love using the round garden trellises that come out in the spring. Perfect for all kinds of stuff! Easy to move around, and give you a good amount of height in your display!

This is a great thread!

hand dyed silk ribbons in many colors!
WASHERS & TOPPERS - layering components for interchangeable glass topper and to use in other jewelry/metalwork.:
Old 2011-03-05, 12:05pm
Peerless Thread Killer

I found a birdcage at a thrift shop-obviously not really for birds-with a LOT of wires going horizontally. Great earring display, and I always get asked about it. I put it on a lazy susan that I painted black (Goodwill for $1.00) and it spins.

Old 2011-03-05, 12:45pm

Diana, that's especially interesting. And the other ideas are good, too. Always more fun to see things that are different, though the entire store or booth doesn't have to be wild.

Yvonne
Old 2011-03-05, 4:41pm

Jaci, thx for the compliments and thanks everyone else for your great ideas!
A co-worker (who was at one time many years ago in the fabric business) mentioned to me how easy it is to make displays. A couple pieces of wood and some nice black velvet.

I need to give kudos out to Gail @ GGGlass. A couple of years ago she was getting ready for Tuscon and I was up visiting and to pick up a small order. I noticed a display she had which was heavy duty telephone wire--the kind they hang from the telephone poles-- she stripped the coating off and bent the wires horizontally. Eventually the display was in a tree form. Actually I can't remember if she made it or if a friend of hers did. Either way, thanks Gail!

Duane

REVAMPED WEBSITE NOW OPEN