No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-08-08, 10:53am

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 TOUCANS View Post
You All should get together and make up sample bundles of odd lots..I would actually buy a bundle of 12 different color rods at $100.00 a bundle where I wouldn't buy a bundle of just one rare color.

It would be so much fun just to play with a dozen or so of the odd lot colors I have heard so much about and see for myself....

Just think about it for a minute....I only have one rod of each and buying the bundle is purely for pleasure..like when I go to Starbucks which I do not do often..For me coffee is a treat to be relished and enjoyed with an Apple Fritter!! YUM!

I would do the same with this bundle..My Treat. If I really liked the beads I made I would probably put them into gorgeous jewelry for ME! and sell the rest as rare glass beads..

My bundle would contain:

Parrot Green
Seafoam Green
Slate Blue
Poppy
Ocean Green
Frosty Blue
Olympia Rain
Amber Rose
Chardonnay
Terra Original
ASK Pink
Moonstone Jade

Well...that's my fantasy bundle....
Lorraine
So this is your wish list and not what you have - right? Poppy is the Vetrofond Poppy - correct?
Old 2008-08-08, 10:55am
Janell

Is Frosty blue also known as Glacier Blue Vetrofond?
Thanks
Janell

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[url]
Old 2008-08-08, 11:14am
SSDD... go ahead, ask me!

That's a great idea to me. I know I have most of the colors that have been talked about in this thread and probably a few more silver glass as well.

Red Copper Green? Really??? mmmmmm nice! I have pounds of that!
Old 2008-08-08, 11:15am
make beads not war

You know, I'm also looking for Olympia Rain. It's an old Double Helix color.
Old 2008-08-08, 11:48am
Puddy Cat Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by villa design View Post

Terra (original) is selling $10... per rod.
Wow! Are you serious? I bought Terra last year. The batch is marked 4/13. I have 4 full rods left, plus some shorter ones because they came broken. I use it sparingly, but at $10.00 a rod, that would be considerably more than I paid for it, $25.00/1/4 lb, I'd be soooo willing to part with the 4 full rods I have. Any Takers? I'll post a picture if you want.
J.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2008-08-08, 11:50am
Button Queen

I have a whole bunch of different corals. Are any of these "high demand", other than the original Tequila Sunrise?

Canteloupe Coral
No-Name Coral
“Streaky” Coral
Tequila Sunrise Coral
Coral Dusty Rose
Coral Sunny Mango
Coral Mango
Coral Peach Persimmon
Mustard Coral
Coral Cinnamon
Coral Dark Cinnamon
Old 2008-08-08, 11:54am
Salt Box Beads

Debbie, Yep! That is my wish list.

I think the only colors I have that are desirable are: the all Yellow Pineapple Sparkle, Red Copper Green, and I do have the mottled orange and pink Tequila Sunrise. I also have that beautiful Orange Sherbet special odd that I call "shrimp".

I have some EDP, opal yellow and Gold ruby, from years (4) ago and they seem to be much more colorful and better than what is put out now.

I also have one short rod of olympia Rain that I am waiting to use until I get very very used to my new torch..LOL

Okay Barbara, I am up for a bundle.. I'am flexible too..Doesn't have to be all of those EXACT colors I listed.....

Lorraine

Last edited by Lorraine Chandler; 2008-08-08 at 11:57am.
Old 2008-08-08, 12:00pm
Puddy Cat Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by villa design View Post
You know, I'm also looking for Olympia Rain. It's an old Double Helix color.
I still have almost all the original Olympia Rain that I bought. The problem is, it's transparent like Aion, and I accidently mixed the two, and I can't tell which is which. DUHhhh! I know that was not a smart thing to to.
Anyway, as hard as I tried, I could never get either one of these colors to sing. If I hadn't mixed them, I might have been able to offer them in this Garage Sale. Rats!!!
J.

Old 2008-08-08, 12:05pm
Salt Box Beads

You should be able to just melt the end of each rod to tell which is which...should be a difference??? However slight?

Lorraine
Old 2008-08-08, 12:20pm
Surrounded by Trouble

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 TOUCANS View Post
My bundle would contain:

Parrot Green
Seafoam Green
Slate Blue
Poppy
Ocean Green
Frosty Blue
Olympia Rain
Amber Rose
Chardonnay
Terra Original
ASK Pink
Moonstone Jade

Well...that's my fantasy bundle....
Lorraine
These are the only three on your list I don't have, But I bet I could make it up to you, and substitute other odd lots that very rare.
If your interested PM me.

Old 2008-08-08, 12:26pm
koregon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
I see that Red Copper Green is now out of stock.
hmmmmmmmm I have some of that to, the original that was in my "vault box" I got at the frantz bash auction last year.

Old 2008-08-08, 1:29pm
make beads not war

Coral Cinnamon
Coral Dark Cinnamon[

These are. Don't recall how much though...
Old 2008-08-08, 1:46pm
Puddy Cat Lover

Default Red Copper Green

I remember when I ordered copper green one time and got this red stuff. I thought it was a mistake, but they told me it was an odd lot of copper green. I didn't like it at all so I really haven't used it much. I got another batch of the copper green that I was used to getting. Little did I know that it would one day be a slightly hot commodity. I just checked. I have 4 rods of it. Maybe I should hang on to it.
J.

Old 2008-08-08, 1:57pm
Dichro Addict

So what is Olympia Rain going for? Maybe I'll sell mine. I've never used it. I also have Kronos. Is that worth anything?

Old 2008-08-08, 1:57pm
Button Queen

I only bought 1/4# of the Red Copper Green.
Old 2008-08-08, 3:52pm
Frit frit and more frit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
If you loved me, and wanted to make me smile. You would buy me a pound of frosty blue
If I had some (never even seen it!) I would send it to you in a heartbeat
Old 2008-08-08, 3:54pm
Broken

I have quite a bit of terra, is it really 10.00 a rod? They arent very thick rods. It is original just wondering a fair price as I am really not that fond of it.

My passionate pink has 003 as a number and has a dark streak running down it, looks like streaky pink. Is that the good stuff ??

Last edited by Nicker; 2008-08-08 at 4:05pm.
Old 2008-08-08, 4:37pm
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
I have quite a bit of terra, is it really 10.00 a rod? They arent very thick rods. It is original just wondering a fair price as I am really not that fond of it. My passionate pink has 003 as a number and has a dark streak running down it, looks like streaky pink. Is that the good stuff ??
Hope Debbie doesn't mind me posting - here's a photo of Streaky Pink, which MUST pass the "paddle" test if the rods don't have original tags ('cuz there are too many "look-alikes" in rod form - paddle MUST look like this, with HEAVY Dk. Pink Streaking!!!!):

And here's a couple pictures of the KAS 003 Passionate pink - no streaks, just a tell-tale white core:

~De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-08-08, 4:53pm
Broken

Thanks!! I do have streaky pink and I know for sure it's streaky pink. My 003 is not that dark however so it's not the special stuff.

I am seriously thinking of selling my original Terra, got a PM saying yes they are thin rods. Would 8.00 a rod be fair? 10.00 seems so high.

Old 2008-08-08, 5:01pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
I have quite a bit of terra, is it really 10.00 a rod? They arent very thick rods. It is original just wondering a fair price as I am really not that fond of it.

My passionate pink has 003 as a number and has a dark streak running down it, looks like streaky pink. Is that the good stuff ??
yep - $10 a rod and they're all skinny rods.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-08-08, 5:09pm
Entropy increasing....

I have two rods of Terra. I think I will sell them because I never could get it to do crap for me.

I also have 1 1/2 half rods of tribal turq. and almost a 1/4 lb of Parrot Green.

What about Intense Tangerine or Orange Punch? I have too many oranges.
Old 2008-08-08, 5:33pm
Salt Box Beads

Kevin maybe consider putting up two rare " MINI " bundles for sale...

1 rod of Terra
1 rod of Parrot Green
2 orange rods
1 rod of Tribal Turquoise

And see what happens in the garage sale with it. Someone had posted earlier they just wanted to 'try terra' a rod or two.

A lot of people may feel like I do and have not so deep pockets...like I do.

This may be a great way for some to to at least get to experience some of the colors.
Lorraine
Old 2008-08-08, 5:49pm
Entropy increasing....

I put them on Ebay.
Old 2008-08-08, 5:52pm
IMAHO

Jeez, I have a huge truck repair I need to pay for, maybe I should take a stab at selling off some of my hoard... passionate pink in the long rods, terra, olympia rain, kronos(orig), aaahhh, so many more. won't sell the River Rock though. Nope.

"Free your mind and your glass will follow"
Old 2008-08-08, 6:17pm

Yikes. I just cleaned up my studio. I had most recently been using it for metalworking, so I put the torch back on the Creation Station and put away all the rods on my table. I looked at my glass stash that I rearranged last Fall and I have no idea what some of it is. Most of the mystery rods are Vetrofond odds of some sort - mostly beige in color (all colors of beige). I hate to spend the time to make paddles of each one to figure it out buy I guess I'll have to do it.
Old 2008-08-08, 7:11pm
sunscreen me baby

No you won't. Take a pic of the rods and we'll id for you. If they are from last summers vetro odd lot I can name them all

~

Old 2008-08-09, 2:02pm
glass nerd!

I've never heard of this moonstone jade. What's it look like?

Old 2008-08-09, 4:00pm
IMAHO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
No you won't. Take a pic of the rods and we'll id for you. If they are from last summers vetro odd lot I can name them all
Now those are the words of a true glass Ho, and a well-schooled one at that!

"Free your mind and your glass will follow"
Old 2008-08-09, 4:03pm

I think I just sold some of my high demand rare colors to a couple of friends for a bit less than they were worth. Oh well, I guess that's what we do for friends. I have some pretty rare and odd colors too. Since I might be quitting my job, I might need to sell off some of my stuff. I know I have at least 2 pounds of the original pineapple sparkle. I have quite a bit of the original parrot green too and I would love to part with some of both of those. I think I have tangerine sparkle too and I also have some of the ASK colors that are now out of production. If anyone is interested in seafoam green, parrot green, original pineapple sparkle, crazy cane, slate blue and probably a bunch of other colors, just send me a PM. Please buy from Debbie first if she has anything you want. I might even have to part with my last bit of Terra if things get really tight and some of my other really rare glass. You never know. I would prefer not to but not having a job can force people to do things they wouldn't otherwise do I suppose.

Old 2008-08-09, 4:22pm

what is 1/4 pound of the real deal streak pink worth?