Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-08-09, 4:58pm
I speak Murrini!

Rachel...

How many rods in there...and are they all "full length" (thinking more in terms of a "per rod" price, I suppose)?

~De

"Only a fool rushes to his own demise..." ~Zorro
Old 2008-08-09, 5:04pm
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corey View Post
I've never heard of this moonstone jade. What's it look like?
I'm interested too, Corey!!! Would love to see a pic.; and if anyone has a number, too, that would be great!

I have a big bundle of glass that I was half thinking of giving away...now that I look at some of the rods, I'm wondering if some of this "jade looking" stuff (thought it was some sort of opalino?) is the Moonstone Jade?

If 'ya got it, show it!!! (Please?)

~De

Old 2008-08-09, 9:41pm
Oh No You Didn't!

I have Terra. How do you tell if it's the original? Is there a specific # for it?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My name is............. Deb
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Minor/Propane/1 oxycon
Old 2008-08-09, 10:30pm
moth to the flame

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
what is 1/4 pound of the real deal streak pink worth?
The last time I bought it I paid about 12.00 a rod.

HTH

May you always have love to share, health to spare, and friends that care.
Old 2008-08-09, 10:38pm

I have 4 full length rods of the real streaky pink. I know some of you have sent me PMs too. I will get back to you as soon as I go through my stash and see how much I have and how much I can sell. I know I have about 2 pounds of the original pineapple sparkle because it was the only yellow I liked. I have a bunch of the original rainbow red too and I have no idea what is worth but I don't like it very much. It is the real stuff though and old. I am a glass collector and I have way too much glass in general so I have lots of other vetro odd lots from years past. I don't know what is valuable and what isn't but I have some strange corals and other stuff that I don't use. I will get back to those of you that PM'd me though. I will probably sell some of the parrot and pineapple for sure. I need to check my stash of crazy cane and slate blue though. Oh, I might have enough seafoam to sell too. But, like I said, I will probably need to get a great price for the glass since the only reason I am selling it is because of the potential job situation. I am not 100% sure on that either but I plan to make some decisions this weekend.

Old 2008-08-09, 10:40pm
Surrounded by Trouble

Moonstone Jade

Old 2008-08-09, 10:48pm
Corgi Cult Member

WOW! That Moonstone Jade is beautiful!! What hole did I have my head stuck in when Moonstone was still available?

Old 2008-08-09, 11:12pm
Surrounded by Trouble

Moonstone came in 4 different colors, there was a jade, pink, blue, and dark transparent blue. It was said to be about 50 year old glass when it was sold about 3 years ago. It was sold by glasscraft. The only one they have left is the dark transparent blue which is nothing to write home about as you can't tell the difference between that an any other transparent blue.

Last edited by Shawn T; 2008-08-09 at 11:15pm.
Old 2008-08-09, 11:22pm
Entropy increasing....

Quote:
what is 1/4 pound of the real deal streak pink worth?
A quarter of a million dollars on Ebay. lol

That moonstone jade looks a lot like CIM Peacock.
Old 2008-08-09, 11:29pm
I speak Murrini!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn T View Post
Moonstone Jade
Oooo, this is gorgeous! My stuff turned out to be Opalino Grass Green 520 - ugh!!! Not my cup of tea...

De

Old 2008-08-10, 4:08am
sunscreen me baby

I think the peacock was forumlated to match the moonstone jade and the halong bay to be like the moonstone blue. I have no proof other than the fact the cim colors came out a short while after you couldn't get the moonstone ones anymore

They are very similar althought the moonstone seem a tad more blue.

~

Old 2008-08-10, 6:40am
glass nerd!

Wow that moonstone jade is beautiful!!

Old 2008-08-10, 6:42am
glass nerd!

I thought I had some parrot green but it turned out to be peacock green. I would like to try some though. I also already have some pineapple sparkle but I would like to try some of them other colors if anybody is looking to get rid of some. lol

Old 2008-08-10, 8:10am
Broken

I have the moonstone colors and I think they are all pretty

Old 2008-08-11, 6:50am

Was the Vetrofond Marbled avocado a successful color? I noticed that Frantz doesn't have it.
Old 2008-08-11, 8:09am
Button Queen

Anyone have some old Carnelian? You know, the one that strikes to a lovely pink...?

I had one rod. I used it yesterday. It was fun. But now it's gone.

<heavy sigh>

I wasnt' thinking. I should have made an earring pair to go with some of the beads I made. Then I would have a matching set... Oh well.
Old 2008-08-11, 8:10am
sunscreen me baby

Barbara I do. Well, I think I do. I get it to go pink without trying I got it more than 3 years ago. PM me.

~

Old 2008-08-11, 8:34am

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
Barbara I do. Well, I think I do. I get it to go pink without trying I got it more than 3 years ago. PM me.
My 'old' Carnelian (c. 2000) strikes to a peachy color. It's the new stuff that is pinker. What does the really new stuff do that I should watch out for when I run out?
Old 2008-08-11, 8:55am
Type ZZZ personality

I've got some of that transluscent yellow, 409 I think?
What's that going for?

Lynx with 2 5-lpm oxycons
Old 2008-08-11, 9:06am
Dangerous Woman

I'm seeing bunches of this glass popping up in the garage. Is the supply starting to go up - threrfore bringing the price down?

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2008-08-11, 9:37am
sunscreen me baby

I was striking while the iron is hot

~

Old 2008-08-11, 9:47am
Button Queen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debbie View Post
My 'old' Carnelian (c. 2000) strikes to a peachy color. It's the new stuff that is pinker. What does the really new stuff do that I should watch out for when I run out?
Well, the last Carnelian that I got last year turned a rusty, orangy ugly before it just scummed up. Not pink at all. I was sorely disappointed and got rid of it.
Old 2008-08-11, 9:58am
glass nerd!

What is the number on that? I have some that say 532 on one rod. Is that it?

Old 2008-08-11, 10:14am
I speak Murrini!

Corey~~~

I think the current Carnelian is 591536; Moretti and More has the Pink Opalino listed as 591532:

http://www.morettiandmore.com/index....roducts_id=223

De

Old 2008-08-11, 10:20am
Button Queen

Carnelian is 536.
Old 2008-08-11, 11:00am
glass nerd!

Well I have pink opalino them. So nevermind...

Old 2008-08-11, 11:57am
I speak Murrini!

I love the Pink and Dk. Pink Opalinos...as long as you work them fairly cool, they don't fry or soot and come out pretty nicely!

~De

Old 2008-08-11, 1:52pm
Dancing Thru Life........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keewin View Post
Diane, if you don't pull the auction, you should post a link and that may bring traffic to it There are plenty of Poppy lovers out there who'd jump on it just to have more of whichever poppy version it is.
Thanks, Kee!

I can do that............ I'll post it in a new thread.

Diane
Old 2008-08-11, 2:38pm
IMAHO

I looked at my ASK Passionate Pink- but AS labeled it KAS-004 Lilac Ice, same label they used on the Lilac Ice... duh. This was when it first came out- I bought it at B&B in 2006.

So I struck all the ends, and it is that lovely pink. Also struck the Lilac Ice, nice. Lots different than the one they were selling last year. These both have the white cores.

"Free your mind and your glass will follow"
Old 2008-08-11, 3:24pm
The Crazy One

Quote:
I think I just sold some of my high demand rare colors to a couple of friends for a bit less than they were worth. Oh well, I guess that's what we do for friends. I have some pretty rare and odd colors too. Since I might be quitting my job, I might need to sell off some of my stuff. I know I have at least 2 pounds of the original pineapple sparkle. I have quite a bit of the original parrot green too and I would love to part with some of both of those. I think I have tangerine sparkle too and I also have some of the ASK colors that are now out of production. If anyone is interested in seafoam green, parrot green, original pineapple sparkle, crazy cane, slate blue and probably a bunch of other colors, just send me a PM. Please buy from Debbie first if she has anything you want. I might even have to part with my last bit of Terra if things get really tight and some of my other really rare glass. You never know. I would prefer not to but not having a job can force people to do things they wouldn't otherwise do I suppose.
Friends are FRIENDS period! I collect Streaky Pink for one of my close friends, it's always a gift, because of what she TAUGHT me! The other odd lots I may have laying around, well if friends want it I give it to them or if I'm broke they get it at my cost. Their FRIENDS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevan View Post
A quarter of a million dollars on Ebay. lol

That moonstone jade looks a lot like CIM Peacock.
I have numerous lots of Peacock and they look nothing like Moonstone jade... Ummm Moon stone is yummie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusticstudio View Post
I've got some of that transluscent yellow, 409 I think?
What's that going for?
Vetrofond 409 should be thrown in the trash, it's UGLY, it looks dirty when made into a bead (my opinion)! Moretti 409, My Beloved Translucent Yellow.... The last time it was sold went for 30.00 a pound. I was so so sad I was broke at the time!