No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2011-04-25, 9:09pm
Bead Obsessed

Default My updated studio!

I have the most wonderful son. Chris built me a new bench. But the old sized bench wasn't good enough, this one is 16 feet long! and it is beautifully tiled. The old one was second hand stainless steel (it was found on the side of the road and re-purposed) and it had warped over the last 10 years. Here are some pictures of the old and the new. The tile hasn't been grouted yet.
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2011-04-25, 9:11pm
Bead Obsessed

Default More pictures

Here are some more pictures...
Attached Images

Old 2011-04-25, 9:27pm
Don't dis The Cheese

Beautiful!!!!!!! What an amazing space!

It takes a lot more "faith" to believe that man did all of this all by himself than it does to believe that he had help.

It is better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for something you are not. ~Andre Gide
Old 2011-04-25, 9:29pm
And silence is golden

You have way to much glass! Nice studio!
Old 2011-04-25, 9:31pm
Bead Obsessed

You can NEVER have too much glass! In fact you can't even see all of the glass in these pictures!

Old 2011-04-25, 9:39pm
rainbowchasingtimewaster

I am a green jelly bean.

Lori Peterson - Try telling a Dachshund no and you will understand the true meaning of futility.

*f

Old 2011-04-26, 3:35am
boro color bender

Nice job Chris!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2011-04-26, 3:49am

I'm a double green jelly bean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loribeads View Post
I am a green jelly bean.
Old 2011-04-26, 4:14am
old fart

your ventilation duct should be much closer to the torch to be effective. right now i would give your ventilation a C-.

Old 2011-04-26, 6:12am

Amazing! What a wonderful space.
Old 2011-04-29, 9:30am
Salt Box Beads

Talking Thank-you for sharing!!

I snagged the pic of your glass shelving. ( Hope you don't mind) I have the same thing but it is full of glass top to bottom, but I love the drawers under it instead . I will have DH add drawers and I already have two of the shelving units. This is one of the best ideas I have seen.

I'am going to show it to DH today.

Thank-you so much for sharing your ideas and the pics!
Old 2011-04-29, 2:56pm

Serious glass there! Enjoy the new space!

Yvonne
Old 2011-04-29, 11:54pm

Hi Selsey...it's me Juls...ok everybody has to believe me that her room that her son Chris built is awesome...now I just need to remember how to post a pic I took of Chris and Selsey in her studio...LOL...
Old 2011-05-02, 12:18pm

Love the glass and the multiple stations!
Old 2011-08-24, 3:43am

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserglass View Post
your ventilation duct should be much closer to the torch to be effective. right now i would give your ventilation a C-.
Considering you dont know squat about the specs of the size of the studio the size of the duct the size of the fan or if the set up is even complete at the time of the pics I give your ASSessment tact and input a D-

but just to fill you in the shop is aprox 965cf with a variable speed 1500cfm 10 inch inline fan. 10-8-7 inch drop down ducting with a larger flange opening "capture" box that goes on the 7 inch duct that was not installed so I could grout the tile. considering that there is enough fan to clear the complete volume of air in the studio in less than a min and litterally sucks the flame into the duct yep not effective at all.......
Old 2011-08-24, 3:59am
Formerly NurseKatie :)

Oh my goodness! HEAVEN! I want to be you when I grow up!

Old 2011-08-24, 4:28am
Unmedicated since '62

Cool! Oh the joy of being able to spread that much

- my 17yo sons first novel

- download, get organised, enjoy
Old 2011-08-24, 7:03am

Awesome studio and table.. And to have all that glass......Drool.
Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing.
Janet C
Old 2011-08-24, 7:30am
apt to wander....

AWESOME studio! Sheryl you are a lucky lady to have such great space and a great son Chris are you for hire?!! LOL

Melissa
Old 2011-08-24, 9:49am
A True Woofer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGGEDCHEVYS View Post
Considering you dont know squat about the specs of the size of the studio the size of the duct the size of the fan or if the set up is even complete at the time of the pics I give your ASSessment tact and input a D-

I love this response. So true.

Beautiful space; I love your glass storage.

Old 2011-08-24, 12:18pm
yes, llamas...and ducks

Location: Langley, BC, Canada, North America, Northern Hemisphere, Earth.

Great studio - jealous of all that glass! Congrats to you and Chris for bringing it all together!

Flaming on a Minor with concentrator.

Old 2011-08-24, 3:08pm

Love, love, love it!! What a great studio. I see lots of fun in your future.
Old 2011-08-24, 7:41pm

Wowie!!! Look at all that glass...Have fun in your new space
MarieAnn
Old 2011-08-25, 9:41am

now I know what happened to all the red rods! /wink!

Nice studio!! I am jealous of your color range in glass!

Question - what are the glass dividers made of? I ended up buying a bunch of wooden modular wine racks to hold all my rods so I am definitely curious on your divider system

Last edited by nevadaglass; 2011-08-25 at 9:45am.
Old 2011-08-26, 2:15am

The majority of it is made from the. Plastic fence post at lowes the fence rail has 3 square 1 inch sections and the bulk storage is made from the 4 inch fence post. I made a simple jig from a 2x3 abd some 1x2 to cut them all to the same size nice and square with a circular saw with a fine tooh finishing blade. It makes one hell of a mess cutting it all the "saw dust" turns static and sticks to everything. On the 4 inch ones I cut some 1/8 inch ply down to go corner to corner dividing it into 2 triangle shape sections. The plastic sections were then liquid nailed into cubes to keep them from moving around.
Old 2011-08-26, 5:05am
Scientific Glass Girl

dear chris,

please come to my house and fancy up my studio. i will feed you home cookin' and show you east tennessee.

love,
ali

Old 2011-08-26, 7:09am

woooooooow! AMAZING STUDIO!! drooling on desk!!!

Old 2011-08-26, 2:24pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlivELampworK View Post
dear chris,

please come to my house and fancy up my studio. i will feed you home cookin' and show you east tennessee.

love,
ali

I wanna come melt scientific glass with you! Would love to just observe and watch you and the guys work at your job.
Old 2011-08-26, 3:14pm
Bead Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAGGEDCHEVYS View Post

but just to fill you in the shop is aprox 965cf with a variable speed 1500cfm 10 inch inline fan. 10-8-7 inch drop down ducting with a larger flange opening "capture" box that goes on the 7 inch duct that was not installed so I could grout the tile. considering that there is enough fan to clear the complete volume of air in the studio in less than a min and litterally sucks the flame into the duct yep not effective at all.......
AND...don't forget the incredible return air system coming in from behind the torches...don't want to get dinged for sucking out the air too fast and not replacing it

Old 2011-08-31, 12:06pm
><>

Quote:
Originally Posted by SELSEY View Post
AND...don't forget the incredible return air system coming in from behind the torches...don't want to get dinged for sucking out the air too fast and not replacing it
What are the details of that?
As for all the rest...nice.
"In the whole world I have no twin, and my face is not me. I am someone under the skin others see only in glances."
"I can live with not being popular,but not with compromising my beliefs in order to fit in." jh
"Tolerance becomes a crime when applied to evil." Thomas Mann