No users in chat

The Flow

Glacial Art Glass

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-08-14, 11:51am
jamieincharlotte

Default Concentrator for GTT Bobcat

My old 5 liter Invacare Mobileaire oxy con just died with 45,613.21 on the meter.
Could I get recommendations on a replacement? UO is running a special on the M15 but not sure if I should bump up to the M20 or if you have other recommendations as to suppliers I'd love to hear. I did speak with Jack/UO and he suggested the M15 but wasn't familiar with the Bobcat torch. When it comes to these things I go catatonic. All information is appreciated. You guys know way more about these things than I do.

Again thanks,
jamie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-08-14, 12:08pm
one day at a time

The Bobcat should do very well on the M15. Any of the small torches would work great with that machine. If you had a Lynx, I would go with the M20. I knew someone who used an M15 with a Cricket, and it was more than enough for that torch.
Old 2013-08-14, 12:35pm
jamieincharlotte

Thanks Lisi.

Old 2013-08-14, 12:44pm
one day at a time

Oops, what I should have also said is that you are definitely going to be a lot happier with the Bobcat and the M15 than when you were using the torch with the 5lpm! I used an old Devilbiss 5lpm with my Bobcat temporarily, just to see what it would do. It was softer than what my generator puts out, of course.
Old 2013-08-14, 5:39pm
I think my raku is broken

I went with the M20 for my Bobcat because too much is better than not enough. Also, it gives me a little more flexibility if I ever decide to give up my Bobcat.

Old 2013-08-14, 5:52pm

I have a Bobcat running on an M15. If your are working soft glass you are great.

I have quick connects and swap to an o2 tank when I want to do boro. The M15 can do some boro but I get better, faster color with the tank.

Old 2013-08-15, 8:07am
PyronamixK

The Bobcat runs great on 10 LPM, whether at 5 psi or 7-9 psi. You don't really need a higher psi output because there aren't a lot of internal restrictions to get through or a lot of jets to feed.