Lampwork Etc.

TrueDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2010-10-20, 9:18am
Mr. Cellophane

Default Midwest Glass Experience Third Degree Glass Factory March 4-6

Yipee its time again for the Third Annual Midwest Glass Experience! New dates, new artists, more torches! You spoke; we listened and moved the dates to avoid the dreaded snow!

Join us March 4, 5 & 6, 2011. We are doing the registration a bit differently this year. We are currently taking sign ups; first payment is due December 1, 2010, final payment is due January 31, 2011.

We are excited to have the following artists teaching this year:

Brent Graber
Jennifer Geldard
Julie Nordine

Here is the link for sign ups!! Hurry, Hurry, Hurry

http://www.thirddegreeglassfactory.c...3/Default.aspx

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Libby

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2010-10-20, 12:01pm
ID10T Problem Solver

I don't see any cost information....am I blind?

***Scorpion (4 stud)***
Old 2010-10-21, 6:28pm
Mr. Cellophane

Wanted to update to let people know the cost is $450.00

Libby

Old 2010-11-02, 8:28am
Mr. Cellophane

Thought you guys should see the studio where MGE is held. Glass playground!
http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=178338

Libby

Old 2010-11-11, 4:20pm
boro color bender

Woohooo! We're going to have soooo much fun!

"Truth is, everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for." -Bob Marley
Old 2010-11-11, 10:34pm
Angel's Mom

I'm looking forward to it!
Old 2010-11-14, 10:51am

I have never had any formal classes and this would be my first. Since it is a good distance I was wondering if this is a good place to start? I like the artist's work and I'm sure to learn something from them. Could you give me a estimate of how many are in the classes? The price seems right!
Thank you,
Barbara
Old 2010-11-15, 8:16am
Mr. Cellophane

Barbara the classes usually have between 7-9 people. Hope you can make it.

Libby

Old 2010-11-15, 10:49am

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked on glass View Post
I have never had any formal classes and this would be my first. Since it is a good distance I was wondering if this is a good place to start? I like the artist's work and I'm sure to learn something from them. Could you give me a estimate of how many are in the classes? The price seems right!
Thank you,
Barbara
Hi Barbara, I was there last year, and have to tell you, that the crew at 3rd Degree make you feel very at home! It's a LOVELY studio with great ventillation, and lots of space. Nice big work table..... good energy, and lots going on. The down town strip is very interesting with cool boutiques and galleries. You'll meet some really nice folks and want to come back again in a heart beat! Libby done good all the time.

Old 2010-11-15, 4:39pm

thanks for all the info. I did register so I guess I'll see you all there. Looking forward to meeting new and interesting people.
Barbara
Old 2010-11-16, 10:18pm
Angel's Mom

Yeah, great studio and classrooms, but the BEST part of the building is the BATHROOMS! When I win the lotto, I'm having 3rd Degree come do ALL my bathrooms like that! You've GOT to see them!
Old 2010-11-18, 4:59pm
DSDWC

I just taught a class at Third Degree and I can't say enough about the place. Wonderful staff, First rate facility that includes a hot shop cold shop fusing and one of the finest lamp working studios I have taught at. With all this going for it plus the wonderful artists scheduled for the event I am sure it will be an experience to not miss.