No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2013-01-11, 4:08pm
Got Honey?

Default Name that pink, please

Can anyone tell me what this pink is? I got a rod when I was really new and failed to get the name of it before I used it all up LOL Now I want more!
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2013-01-11, 4:11pm

If it's 104, I'd guess Alabastro or opalino? CIM pink? It looks translucent...

~:
:~
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2013-01-11, 4:15pm
Pugs rule

Looks like dark pink alabaster:
http://www.frantzartglass.com/index....oducts_id=3312

Old 2013-01-11, 4:19pm
Got Honey?

Thanks! Nikki what is that pink in the murinni on the mushroom in your ETSY store?

Old 2013-01-11, 4:24pm
Rose colored glasses…√

These are the murrini:

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=199680

OMG I listed some stuff!!! Little devils ARE ice skating!!!

RIP Sunday; You can donate for Izzy's Future Trust @:

Live kindly...'cause karma will bite you in the ass harder than you ever thought about nibblin'...
Old 2013-01-11, 4:25pm

Thanks, Kathie, I was leaning towards Effetre but I'm not overly familiar with CIM if it was one of those.

Lezlie, I have no clue, I didn't make the murrini. Isn't it pretty, though?

Ron sells it here:
http://www.artglasshouse.com/pc_prod...C390F18AFFA360

~:
~:
:~ Nikki ~:

~:

"...living hopefully ever after..." -john lennon
Old 2013-01-11, 4:29pm
Got Honey?

Yes they are lovely, must get some

Old 2013-01-11, 7:20pm
Looking for my waistline

If it looks like you're looking through a thin veil of water on the surface, it's alabastro. Could be dark pink opalino, but I'm going to say I think it's CIM Rose Quartz.
Old 2013-01-11, 7:39pm

My rose quartz is nowhere near that dark, so I'll vote for the alabastro.

Facebook:

Free Lampwork and Jewelry Tutorials, with easy searching, prominent linkage to your shop or site, and rotating featured tutorials:
Old 2013-01-11, 7:52pm
Nerwbie Glass Junkie

Opalino or Alabaster, I agree with SL, none of my CIM Rose Quartz has been that dark & it doesn't have the same "blotchiness" (for want of a better word) that the Opalino or Alabasters have.

Old 2013-01-11, 8:12pm

I have some that looks just like that. It's an Effetre opalino.
Old 2013-01-11, 8:46pm
Lampworkaholic!

Alabaster dark pink, if 104. Definitely not a Messy color. Might be a veiled cane or a Bullseye pink if not 104.

"And all will turn to silver glass, a light on the water, grey ships pass into the west." Annie Lennox
Old 2013-01-11, 9:53pm

my guess is 532 pink opalino or 536 carnelian both effetre

Old 2013-01-12, 5:10am

My carnelian strikes much darker than that. I'd say pink opalino too.

Sea Rocks Tutorial
- Ebook
- Follow me on
- My
shop
Old 2013-01-12, 5:57am
formerly Marella

I think it's dark pink alabastro as well....do the spacers have tiny bubbles? My dark pink alabastro always gets some even when I have it in the cooler part of the flame.

~
~
~
Old 2013-01-12, 7:47am
Got Honey?

Yes, it did bubble just a bit. Thanks, everyone for the help

Old 2013-01-13, 3:31am

Reichenbach mystic pink?
Old 2013-01-13, 6:59am
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

I'd vote 380 Dark Rose Pink Alabaster, maybe Medium Rose, but it's so hard to tell from photos. I can send you a couple of shorts in a couple of weeks when I can get back out to the studio.

L-111

Old 2013-01-13, 7:05pm
Happy Inner Dragon

Dark rose

rusticalsfreestyle on Instagram

SRA# P107
Old 2013-01-13, 9:57pm

If it is the alabaster dark pink, it will be a PITA to work with........high oxy flame, bubble, scum, yuk. It does produce a beautiful bead with tons of patience!

Barbara
Old 2013-01-14, 10:20am
ScrapSurfGlassPaddleSew

I really LIKE alabastards, love the translucency, use them a LOT... but I'm on a HotHead, and maybe that makes a difference.

L-111

Old 2013-01-14, 10:27am
Got Honey?

Quote:
Originally Posted by eregel View Post
I'd vote 380 Dark Rose Pink Alabaster, maybe Medium Rose, but it's so hard to tell from photos. I can send you a couple of shorts in a couple of weeks when I can get back out to the studio.
Hey pat that would be great, just whenever you are up and about again

Old 2013-01-15, 9:06pm
I think my raku is broken

Effetre Dark Rose Alabaster. I have a bead pair in my etsy store made from it. Finicky but beautiful.

Old 2013-01-15, 11:52pm
traumaqueen

Location: Utrecht, a town in The Netherlands, close to amsterdam

Alabastards Eregel? Lol

ANd ditto on the dark rose alabaster.