LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tips, Techniques, and Questions

Tips, Techniques, and Questions -- Technical questions or tips

Old 2008-08-15, 8:14pm
RaymondMillbrae

Default Who Has Best Price On Ss Rotary Tumbler Shot?

Hey guys,

where is the CHEAPEST PLACE to purchase mixed stainless steel shot? (Tumbling media for a rotary tumbler).

I am an avid shooter, and reload my own bullets. And in my personal arsenal of tools, I use a vibratory tumbler (with corn media) to clean and polish my spent brass casings. But for my baybee-licious, we are specifically looking for MIXED MEDIA STAINLESS STEEL SHOT.

We looked around the internet and finally found a place that had really good prices (Santa Fe Jewlery Supply). But at the very last step of the order, a $5.00 handling fee popped up, which would have made the S/H a ridiculous $17.00.

Whew, I almost pressed the SEND button and fell for that ole trick!

Anyhoo...I found a place on ebay that will do the full two pounds needed for $48.00, shipped to my door. Anyone else have a compatible price?

Just curious.

Thanks!

In Christ: Raymond

Last edited by RaymondMillbrae; 2008-08-15 at 8:16pm.
Old 2008-08-15, 9:29pm
Smooches!

Here's where I got mine. Very happy with their service, quick shipping & good product.

http://www.jatayu.com/Merchant2/merc...ode=TPO-0603-a

$19.50 for 1 lb,

http://www.jatayu.com/Merchant2/merc...ode=TPO-0603-b

$36.67 for 2 lbs.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
cocktail napkins available at:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Now running my Cheetah on 2 Regalia's - pure heaven!

Last edited by Miss Kate; 2008-08-15 at 9:36pm. Reason: adding info
Old 2008-08-15, 9:59pm
Ass-kicking Cephalopod

that's a good price Kate - my local jewelry store was $40 for a lb when I saw it the other day.

DOG is my co-pilot
Cricket w/two 5 lpm oxycons - and sometimes a Minor.
Old 2008-08-15, 11:31pm

I got mine at Kingsley North. Mixed pins and shot for $18.95 a pound. Don't recall what shipping was.

Angela Kane

-One of a kind boro frit blends!
Old 2008-08-16, 4:21am

I get mine from Monsterslayer, it's $ 18.50 per pound:

http://www.monsterslayer.com/Pages/L.../Lapidary.aspx

Shipping is always reasonable there!

Gundi

www.glassbygundula.com
My Etsy: www.glassbygundula.etsy.com
Old 2008-08-16, 6:27am
RaymondMillbrae

Thanks, Gals!

I did see some of the places yall mentioned...but "some of them" jacked-up the prices on shippng and handling.

I finally found a cool chicky-poo on eBay (Stacy) who sold me her last two pounds of mixed stainless steel shot at $19.97 a pound...and shipped it all for $4.80. (For a total of $44.74).

Can't beat that!

And even if I did find it someplace else for a tad cheaper (which I didn't), I still would have spent a few more shekels to patronized her for working with me.

I love it when people are not so "tight-fisted" and "penny-pinching".

Myself, I loooooooooooove to bargain. (Only in specific venues or circumstances, where it is deemed acceptable). But I will never force someone to bend to my will. Nor do I like to make folks feel "pressed" into selling the item to me at a loss to themselves. (I know they have expenses, just like me).

But in all honesty, I like to patronize folks. So if they are cool with me (professionally and courteously), I will usually agree to their offer.

Hmmm...but then again, I am also super spontaneous. Sometimes I lay an offer on the table for a very short while. If they take it...cool. But if they hold out thinking I will look back and take a second look...

Pshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm probably already walking away with nary a regret.

Ha ha ha. I'm such a dork!

Anyhoo...thanks again, gals.

In Christ: Raymond

PS: Oh yea, one more thing. I always scratch my head when I see items sold in weird multiples. (Like a 3-pack of batteries). I'm remembering this because a local store nearby (in Berkeley) sells mixed stainless steel shot for $36.00 for 1.5 pounds.

1 1/2 pounds?

What's up with that?!

If you work in a bead or jewlery shop, you should know that the most common tumbler size are the 3-pounders...which take 2-pounds of shot. So what do they do? They try to make a profit by selling them in weird multiples, where you have to buy TWO OF THEM (more than you need), at an inflated price.

Bummer.

But I guess that's marketing, and they gotta do what they gotta do.

Toodle-Loo.

Last edited by RaymondMillbrae; 2008-08-16 at 8:26am.