LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Studio

Studio -- Show us your studio setup

Old 2005-06-12, 9:06am

Default Lyn's Home Studio

Here is how my setup looks! (Ignore the beanie in the lamp chair, he insisted on being in the shots, but really lives with the lamp chairs above the work area on the built in shelf! I just dropped the lamps down to the work table for extra lighting for the pics, its POURING here!)
Lynnie

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Thank You to ALL of my friends
who have journeyed
With me thru my elbow injury
and recovery!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

:

Last edited by danelady; 2005-06-12 at 9:12am.
Old 2005-06-12, 9:06am

Default rest of studio pics

who have journeyed
and recovery!

:

Last edited by danelady; 2005-06-12 at 9:12am.
Old 2005-06-12, 9:38am
looking for work

This is so cool, Maybe one day I can print out those color charts and hang them on my wall. Right now there is no drywall behind me, they never finished the garage...*sigh*

You can fool too many of the people too much of the time.
James Thurber

Old 2005-06-12, 10:16am
Queen Bead Dork

Talking

Lynnie, that looks great! I need to finish my studio. I had my BIL build me a glass storrage bookcase with shelves and cubbies for glass but I need to sand and stain it. I have been lazy when I have free time I wanna torch instead. Maybe I will do that today.

Gwen

Old 2005-06-12, 3:23pm

Mount them on a piece of plywood and hang that from the studs~!

It'll work GREAT!

Lynnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bazile
This is so cool, Maybe one day I can print out those color charts and hang them on my wall. Right now there is no drywall behind me, they never finished the garage...*sigh*

who have journeyed
and recovery!

:
Old 2005-06-12, 3:24pm

Go for it, finish it up today! You'll feel better and it'll look GREAT!
Lynnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gwenlori
Lynnie, that looks great! I need to finish my studio. I had my BIL build me a glass storrage bookcase with shelves and cubbies for glass but I need to sand and stain it. I have been lazy when I have free time I wanna torch instead. Maybe I will do that today.

Gwen

who have journeyed
and recovery!

:
Old 2005-06-12, 3:55pm
Boheme Flamework Designs

Hi Lynnie,

Great set up. Thanks for sharing your creative space. Wish mine was that clean.

Deb Cline
Old 2005-06-12, 4:17pm
koregon

Lyn
What a nice set up you have....beats my garage all to peices

Old 2005-06-12, 4:37pm

you know, I am a REAL slob, leaving stuff EVERYWHERE (not a pig, house is clean) just leaving everything all over the place. HOWEVER, in the studio I am hyper aware that the dogs come in and out, so I am worried about loose glass shards, etc. Also, I am anal about being able to start off clean every burn, so I vacuum the desktop every night...to do that I have to clean up first. So you see, it's REALLY not my fault that it looks clean! LOL

Hugs
Lynnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by boheme'
Hi Lynnie,

Great set up. Thanks for sharing your creative space. Wish mine was that clean.

who have journeyed
and recovery!

:

Last edited by danelady; 2005-06-12 at 4:40pm.
Old 2005-06-12, 4:39pm

Thank you Kaye,
I appreciate your kind words, now I REALLY need to get that propane tank installed outside and be SAFE (as well as neat)!! ('Sides I get tired lugging the bbq tank in and out every evening!)
Hugs
Lynnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye Husko ~ koregon
Lyn

who have journeyed
and recovery!

:
Old 2005-06-12, 4:41pm

BTW KAYE and Boheme, When I get to be as good at lampworking as YOU both are, lets see just how CLEAN my studio is THEN!
LOL
Lynnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaye Husko ~ koregon
Lyn

who have journeyed
and recovery!

:
Old 2005-06-12, 9:06pm

I love seeing your setup. I have a cork board in the garage if you dont mind I think I will copy you. I love the way you have those shorties taged and placed on the cork board to view.

Laurie
Old 2005-06-12, 9:11pm
Formerly Travelin'gal

That is the most organized studio I have ever seen! Nice Lynnie!

~
~
~
~
~
Old 2005-06-13, 3:43pm

Hey Laurie, of COURSE I don't mind! It's a;ll about sharing, Anything I can do to help you all, You've all already done so much to help me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftylady
I love seeing your setup. I have a cork board in the garage if you dont mind I think I will copy you. I love the way you have those shorties taged and placed on the cork board to view.

Laurie

who have journeyed
and recovery!

:
Old 2005-06-13, 3:44pm

Now you are SCARIN' me Deanna! LOL THanks for the kind words!
How do I get to be as good as you are at lampworking AND stay neat? Now THERE is the challenge!'LOL
Lynnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelin'gal
That is the most organized studio I have ever seen! Nice Lynnie!

who have journeyed
and recovery!

:
Old 2005-06-13, 3:47pm

Default Note for Crafty Lady

One extra step, be sure to separate all the difefrent TYPES of glass (in rows or something) and I have all the glasses within types arrange in NUMERICAL order of color, so I can find one more easily!
Lynnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craftylady

Laurie

who have journeyed
and recovery!

:
Old 2005-06-13, 8:27pm

Great idea thank you.

Laurie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danelady
One extra step, be sure to separate all the difefrent TYPES of glass (in rows or something) and I have all the glasses within types arrange in NUMERICAL order of color, so I can find one more easily!
Lynnie
Old 2005-06-13, 8:35pm
Pink-tini anyone?

Lynnie, what a great studio! It looks like a warm and comfortable spot to play in all day! Wish I had a touch of your organization and tidiness too!
.....going to clean mine again.....

Old 2005-07-17, 9:06am

Default Lyn's Homen Studio MOVED!!!

Hi Guys!!!

Just a quick drop-in, as I am BEAT!
Didn't get to make beads today NOR did I do any real estate, but I WAS productive. We moved my studio from my "computer room/office" to the converted "garage/bonus room". My Oxy-con is under my workbench and the propane is PERMANENTLY outside, with a hose coming in thru the window while I work, then pack out till the next time I burn! Complete Safety at last! Fan in the window blowing out, fresh air coming in from a window/AC fan behind me!

YAY! Now I am pooped and need SLEEP! shhhh

Love ya ladies
see ya manana!
Lynnie

who have journeyed
and recovery!

:
Old 2005-07-17, 2:01pm
Fusing Glass

Lynniee wonderful studio! btw how do you reach up so high to get your presses? I am short...i woudl have to stand up! all of mine site on teh bench next to me...
Old 2005-12-11, 4:32pm

Heres a Pic of my studio updated!
Lynnie

who have journeyed
and recovery!

:
Old 2005-12-11, 5:07pm
Just me

Lyn,
Did I miss something or is your studio invisible now? Where are the pics?

Old 2005-12-11, 7:27pm

I have no idea what happened, let's try again!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbyanne
Lyn,
Did I miss something or is your studio invisible now? Where are the pics?

who have journeyed
and recovery!

:
Old 2005-12-11, 10:48pm
Just me

Oh cool, looks like a happy place to make beads. I see your mandrels are dipped deep. Do you work in the middle of the mandrel?

Old 2005-12-12, 4:57am
Nah, not really...;)

What a cool space you have! Thank you for sharing it.
Carrie
Old 2005-12-12, 10:57am

Depends what I am making! I can make up to 4 spacers at a time, or a long focal or whatever. If I dip 6-8 inches I can work pretty much anywhere I want! Woohoo!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbyanne
Oh cool, looks like a happy place to make beads. I see your mandrels are dipped deep. Do you work in the middle of the mandrel?

who have journeyed
and recovery!

:
Old 2005-12-12, 10:58am

No problem! Come by and play ANY time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflykj
What a cool space you have! Thank you for sharing it.
Carrie

who have journeyed
and recovery!

:
Old 2005-12-13, 2:36pm
Booyarashaka

I love the color chart! Man i need to do that. How do you like using the green potting stuffs to hold mandrels ... I've been using the white crunchy stuff and never have tried sand .... I'm thinking of trying the green potting stuff tho Love the setup! Hope all is well w/yas

"Temet Nosce"

Old 2005-12-13, 5:10pm

The Green Oasis foam is the BEST.. sand sucks, mandrels keep falling over.. if you STUFF the Oasis into your container tightly, and put something HEAVY in the bottom of your container (I used a slug of metal flat under the foam) it won't tip and holds the mandrels great. You hafta change it once every few months tho...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflameart
I love the color chart! Man i need to do that. How do you like using the green potting stuffs to hold mandrels ... I've been using the white crunchy stuff and never have tried sand .... I'm thinking of trying the green potting stuff tho Love the setup! Hope all is well w/yas

who have journeyed
and recovery!

:
Old 2005-12-13, 5:11pm

BTW I downloaded those charts online and formatted them to fit on less pages.. let me know and I'll gladly email them to ya. I printed them on cheap glossy photo paper and the colors stayed pretty true~!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueflameart

who have journeyed
and recovery!

: