Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2015-09-30, 6:50pm

Default Questions about how to choose the right glass

Hello, I'm entering this world of blown glass recently but I have some doubts about how the glass thickness right to manufacture certain matters for example to fabricate a 500 ml flask where can I find the measures of the diameter, the thickness of the walls of glass and so on, is there any book that talk about this?
Old 2015-10-03, 4:54pm

Hellowar--- tubing for doing lampwork is found in a number of online stores. For example
http://www.sundanceglass.com/borosil...rex-tube-1.htm 500 ml is very large and would take a really big torch and annealing kiln to produce.
Old 2015-10-04, 2:42pm
Borovangelist

500 ml is only half a liter not that large. 5-6" of 50mm tubing would likely condense down and blow out to a close enough size.

How to figure out the exact right amount, however, that's a trick I'm not privy to.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|