Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Boro Room

Boro Room -- For Boro-related tips, techniques, and questions.

Old 2009-09-29, 11:01am
sunscreen me baby

Default Any special boro colors worth more than what I paid?

I am just not a boro girl. I tried but I haven't touched the stuff in many months. I'm going to sell it off in the garage but I'm wondering if there is anything that was sold in the last couple years that would be worth more than I paid? Or is the odd lot windfall more a soft glass thing? Thanks!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
~
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-09-29, 12:19pm
Harold Williams Cooney

nothing like that in boro, not normally anyway.

American Trade Bead Food Program; Necklace auctions
, entertainment that improves Colorado.
Old 2009-09-29, 1:52pm
sunscreen me baby

Well that makes things easy, thanks.

~

Old 2009-09-29, 7:05pm
Borovangelist

Original greed dwarf is the only thing I know of that folks covet. I horde the colormax white myself, but I don't think it's really gone anywhere in resale value.

|
|
Old 2009-09-29, 7:22pm
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by menty666 View Post
Original greed dwarf is the only thing I know of that folks covet. I horde the colormax white myself, but I don't think it's really gone anywhere in resale value.
"greed dwarf" ....not so sure that's a typo. Especially at THOSE prices.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2009-09-30, 10:52am
Harold Williams Cooney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hardy View Post
it's no typo. I covet OG green dwarf myself. I have . . . well let's just say I have some.

One day, many years ago before I learned better, I got drunk in the shop. My buddy came around and he started talking about playing poker. We should play poker, use green dwarf as chips. We did, many of us together. I lost ten pounds of green dwarf. Yea. Ten pounds. Have never forgiven myself.

There is a color seller who sells their new color under the name Green Dwarf, and it is not. Not even close. It pisses me off. It's none of my business what people name their own products, but for some reason this gets me all worked up. Boro sticks are NOT green dwarf. No matter what a person may want to call them.

Old 2009-09-30, 11:23am

green dwarf
white dwarf
og moss
any of the draconis colors
some of the colormax stuff (not sure what)
fools gold

im sure there are a few more, those are just some of the rare ones i know of
Old 2009-09-30, 11:25am
Borovangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen Hardy View Post
oops

|
|
Old 2009-09-30, 11:29am
sunscreen me baby

I have fools gold. What's it worth? I just think it's pretty as a rod.

~

Old 2009-09-30, 11:46am
I'm the 1000th poster!!

fools gold? it's worth nothing. It's garbage. Send to me to dispose of!

Old 2009-09-30, 12:29pm
GlassDocNC

.... and send me any draconis you happen across, any color will do
Old 2009-09-30, 12:36pm
Borovangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzyQ View Post
I have fools gold. What's it worth? I just think it's pretty as a rod.
Glasscraft has some listed at 23.50 a pound:
http://www.glasscraftinc.com/product...?part_id=10997

I heard...they were supposed to get some more. I heard glasscraft was supposed to be getting another batch, but I hadn't heard anything past that.

How much do you have Suzy? I was actually kind of looking for a 1/4 pound or so to try.

|
|
Old 2009-09-30, 1:59pm
Harold Williams Cooney

The draconius colors blow ass.

They started off great and then . . . thud

air bubble city.

Old 2009-09-30, 2:02pm
Harold Williams Cooney

you know what I want: red earth.

now there is an old one.

Old 2009-09-30, 2:10pm
Attack of the Snuggie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HWCGlass View Post
you know what I want: red earth.

now there is an old one.
Is that the old striking red Northstar color? Lauri swears its called confetti but I think shes wrong...

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

...Stephen F Roberts
Old 2009-09-30, 3:14pm
sunscreen me baby

A pound maybe. Are you going to be at Vendor day?

~

Old 2009-09-30, 5:01pm
Borovangelist

Quote:
PM'd ya

|
|
Old 2009-09-30, 7:25pm

polaris or og moss
Old 2009-09-30, 11:18pm
Harold Williams Cooney

polaris . . . oooooo. forgot about that one

Old 2009-10-01, 4:00am

I take it you're going to be at Vendor Day? Do you charge a Delivery Fee? I've GOT to get out on the torch this morning....too many days inside working on "other stuff", but I'll send you a little list this afternoon

Quote:

Old 2009-10-01, 7:38am
Attack of the Snuggie!

Quote:
polaris . . . oooooo. forgot about that one
Hmm Polaris. Ive got a 1/2 lb or so of it whats it good for?

"I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours."

...Stephen F Roberts
Old 2009-10-01, 9:36am
Harold Williams Cooney

It's good for saving. Don't use it. 1/2 pound is practically nothing; just chill with it.

Polaris is a great color; solid and predictable opacity, good optical texture under clear, easy flame chemistry, was batched hot and is free of air (mostly), neutral-ish viscosity (won't pull or slide), easy color to pull out, no real cracking problems even at very hot or very cold temperatures, mixes well with sparkle or white or both, matches well with other colors and it's blue - so it's money: if you can't make it big, make it blue, as they say.

don't use it. chill with it.

Old 2009-10-01, 10:26am
Know-it-all Megalomaniac

I have some of the colormax ivory color that is like gold to me.
The fools gold, I have too, but it takes a better hand than mine
to keep it that gold color (it always turns black on me).

I also have a few of the funky odd lots from GA and Northstar
as well as some new stuff from TAG that I got off of Gremlin
at Glass Stock this year.

I'm saving this stuff for my retirement .

Nah....I'm probably gonna melt it.

Get your copy of the new Lampwork Etc. Tutorials and Tips Book

Old 2009-10-01, 11:51am

I'm looking for a white sparkly color that isn't around anymore. I don't know what it was called.

Old 2009-10-01, 12:54pm
Harold Williams Cooney

Just mix it yourself, quick and easy. Use boro sticks, paramore or pyrex chips with the sparkle you like.

Old 2009-10-02, 9:10am
Borovangelist

Quote:
Just mix it yourself, quick and easy. Use boro sticks, paramore or pyrex chips with the sparkle you like.
does disco mix ok with the borostix? I haven't tried it yet. I want to play with steel wool, but I've got a pound of this stuff to use up.

|
|
Old 2009-10-02, 1:17pm

So should I ask Paul to make something like Polaris??

~Jenny @ TAG

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice; in practice there is." ~ Chuck Reid
Old 2009-10-02, 5:55pm
Borovangelist

does anyone have a picture of what polaris does? Never 'hoid of it!

|
|
Old 2009-10-02, 6:22pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firebrand Beads View Post
So should I ask Paul to make something like Polaris??

~Jenny @ TAG
yes, blue sphagnum is close, just more opaque than that would be sweet