Lampwork Etc.

AKDesign

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

Donate via PayPal to donate@lampworketc.com

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Business as usual > Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc.

Classes, Retreats, Get togethers, Etc. -- Upcoming classes, retreats, special events, Get togethers. Please delete your thread when the event is over.

Old 2009-07-24, 1:37pm

Default Jelveh Designs, Istanbul Turkey, Sept 27 to Oct 10...

Join me for a great fun two week class at the Glass Furnace in Istanbul Turkey...
Here is the link to the class info, http://www.glassfurnace.org/yeni/2009/d9b_en.php
Please note the school is a none profit and most of the tuition money goes to the school...
you will love the school, the people, the exotic local, oh my gosh the food, and I am told I am pretty good at teaching...don't take my word for it check out the stories and photo from my last year's class at the Glass Furnace here is the link to that...

Let me know if you have any questions...
Old 2009-07-24, 2:55pm
Broken

I just visited the Glass Furnace it's amazing! I can just imagine how great this class is going to be!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2009-07-28, 3:29pm

It is a lovely School Nicker, I loved being there last year, had a great class full of great students...we had so so much fun, I can not wait for this year's class...
Old 2009-07-31, 1:35pm
Bad Cat Glass

The instruction will be in English?
Old 2009-08-02, 11:18pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin' Francesca View Post
The instruction will be in English?
Hi Francesca, yes I will be teaching in English, but my Assistant will translate in to Turkish, I also speak Persian if need be...
Old 2009-08-03, 9:24pm

OMG have some eskender for me please and some apple tea...

oh and don't forget to go to the market and get a whole bunch of fresh pepper corns, honey and ekmek.....

man I'd go back to Turkey if I could afford it..

to bad my Turkish is all conversational and shopping/eating orientated.. LOL

Facebook

Blogger
Old 2009-08-10, 8:16pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Glass_Bash View Post
OMG have some eskender for me please and some apple tea...

oh and don't forget to go to the market and get a whole bunch of fresh pepper corns, honey and ekmek.....

man I'd go back to Turkey if I could afford it..

to bad my Turkish is all conversational and shopping/eating orientated.. LOL
OH MY GOSH the food is to die for...this my 4th trip there in 2 years and I love love the food...its kind of very close to the persian food I grew up with...I will try do all of this when I go and report back...wish I could bring goodies for everyone...
Last time several of my students were Turkish and would come to class each day from Istanbul and not stay at the school, this would allow them the time pick up goodies on the back to school each day...my gosh I ate so much, they kept saying but you have to have this or that, after all it is a Turkish Specialty....
Well I told them when I get off the plane and my husband says what happened to you, I can always say well it was a Turkish Specialty...

The school also feeds us 3 times a day great food that is catered in...yup the food is half the reason I go...

Jelveh
Peace
Old 2009-08-10, 8:25pm
Broken

STOP! You are making me so jealous, if I didn't have a HUGE vet bill right now I'd come. The food over there is so fresh, it's amazing really.

Old 2009-08-10, 10:34pm

tell everyone hello from me! i can't wait to go back! i love it there!!!!!!!!

have fun!
Andrea

Old 2009-08-17, 8:35am

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicker View Post
STOP! You are making me so jealous, if I didn't have a HUGE vet bill right now I'd come. The food over there is so fresh, it's amazing really.
I know I am sorry...but its so good...
we have added 3 smaller 3 day classes for a lot less cost to the 2 week time period for folks who can only come for a few days...details will be on the school website today...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfotter View Post
tell everyone hello from me! i can't wait to go back! i love it there!!!!!!!!

have fun!
Andrea
Will Do Andrea...
Old 2009-08-28, 8:54am

New information about the 3 day classes at the glass furnace... check it out....
http://www.glassfurnace.org/yeni/w_beadmaking_jj_en.php
Old 2009-08-30, 12:59pm
Bad Cat Glass

Really wish I could join you. I just adore Istanbul -- the food, the jewelry, especially the gold, the people, the tile, the Blue Mosque, did I mention the food? I especially love the pistachios...almost as good as the ones from Iran. I hope you will do this again when I don't have so many other things planned.
Old 2009-09-13, 9:25pm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flamin' Francesca View Post
Really wish I could join you. I just adore Istanbul -- the food, the jewelry, especially the gold, the people, the tile, the Blue Mosque, did I mention the food? I especially love the pistachios...almost as good as the ones from Iran. I hope you will do this again when I don't have so many other things planned.
wish you could go too, the food and the people are most of the reason I go...a few years back hubby and i went for along vacation and saw so much of Turkey, it was awesome...this is my 4th time in two years...starting next year my classes will be for one week only that will make it easier to attend...and then I can visit Turkey for a week after my class...oh and dont let the Turks know that you said the Pistachios are almost as good as the ones from Iran...I was born in Iran and know all about the yummy food from there too...hope to see you in Turkey soon...or in Northern California in our new studio...
Old 2009-10-14, 6:50pm

The Souk's the smells.. omg I am sooo enviouse and I hope you ahd a great time~~

Facebook

Blogger