Lampwork Etc.

Mountain Glass Arts

LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Beads of Courage

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > The Mall > Customer Service Kiosk

Customer Service Kiosk -- Questions for LE vendors.

Old 2010-05-11, 11:52am

Default Scorpion does anyone have one?

I've had a Scorpion torch from GTT on order for awhile. I was just checking the specs on that torch. It has a cricket center and an 8 port outer ring. I currently have a Lynx which is a 7 port torch. I am now wondering if the 8 port ring on the outside of a Scorpion is all that much different from the Lynx?

I need a wider flame for some of the pieces that I make and am wondering if I would be better off going up to the next size torch, the Phantom or would I be better off with the Cheetah? I still need a control and will give me a pin point flame for detail and I want to use my oxycon. I have the 10LPX Regalia concentrator. So anyone here would can give some experienced input would be greatly appreciated. The torches are a fairly big investment and naturally I want to make the best informed decision I can.
Thanks to all.

Lynx, Midrange, Scorpion Regalia Oxycon
Old 2010-05-11, 2:34pm

Phyllis, keep in mind that you will have the cricket added to that, so that is an additional 5 ports - 12 ports in all. The flame is much larger than a Lynx. It's even a little bigger than my Cheetah, because of the way it is made.

"It is easier to perceive error than to find truth, for the former lies on the surface and is easily seen, while the latter lies in the depth, where few are willing to search for it." Johann Wolfgang Von Goeth

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Blog
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Old 2010-05-11, 3:36pm
just another glass addict

Thanks for asking that question Phyllis, and for answering it Pam. I was wondering that exact thing just this morning.

"Confidence, like art, never comes from having all the answers; it comes from being open to all the questions."
-Earl Gray Stevens-

Old 2010-05-11, 5:03pm
Angie09

Me too ... I have a Lynx and a Regalia and am heading more towards boro so put in my order for a Scorpion last week because Wally said the flame is definitely wider than the Lynx.

If anyone else has any comparison info I would be very appreciative as well!!
Old 2010-05-11, 5:07pm
Dangerous Woman

I ordered one too. I have a Cheetah but would like something bigger/hotter.

May your torch burn brightly and your oxy never run out. - Karen Hardy

On a Cheetah with a hurricane Still have my Lynx as a back up.
Old 2010-05-20, 5:54pm
PyronamixK

You can see a Scorpion running on a Regalia on my YouTube Channel (
To view links or images in this forum your post count must be 1 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
) I have some Scorpions available. My price is $750 plus shipping.

ETA: I'm sorry, I have pulled all the videos showing GTT torches. GTT has not acknowledged me or thanked me for any of the help that I give them (on-line customer service, basically) and Wally, in particular, has now gone as far as to say that I am expected to do things for their company (without any thanks, compensation, or special consideration) because I am married to Willy. GTT is treating me as if I am any other distributor (well, actually, they are treating me worse than their other distributors), so I am going to only do as much to promote their torches as any of their other distributors do.

Last edited by kbinkster; 2010-05-28 at 6:27am.