LE Live Chat

Enter Live Chat

No users in chat

The Flow

Caber Light

Go Back   Lampwork Etc. > Library > Tutorials > Tutorials to purchase

Old 2012-05-02, 6:21am
Jacqueline Parkes

If you need a reminder ( I just received an email about this) how to dip middle of the mandrel, Diane Woodall has a picture and explanation here on post #60

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...+middle&page=2

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Old 2012-05-02, 7:33am

I'm a relative newbie--about 9 good months at the torch. I have always admired Jacqueline's beads and have one of her other tutorials, but never really had enough skill to get good results.

So I'm going to take the plunge and post a picture of my second attempt at making one of Jacqueline's beautiful beads using her tutorial. I was thrilled with this result and I think it just goes to show that this tutorial can be used by newbies and advanced beadmakers alike.

I did substitute some Val Cox "Hydrangea Blue" frit with transparent aqua for the floral cane. The vine cane is Jacqueline's recipe.

This was taken with my camera phone so it's not the greatest photography. I know my petals and leaves need more work but I was just so pleased with myself, I had to share.

Wild About Flowers rocks!! I agree with Diane Woodall, it is a must have tutorial!

Vicki
Old 2012-05-02, 7:39am
Jacqueline Parkes

Wow Vicki , you do learn quickly. I think you achieved excellent results so early. Thank you so much for the kudos.

Old 2012-05-02, 7:41am
Live and Let Live

Vicki! That looks great! I think you nailed the rosettes, and I love the new color combination you created for the florals. Can't wait to have time to try the new techniques at the torch myself!

Old 2012-05-02, 12:28pm
Jacqueline Parkes

There were three winners in my "name the tutorial contest" The thread was deleted so I am at a loss who they are. Well actually , two names have now been figured out. If you are the third winner, can you please send me a pm with your email address so I can mail it to you. So sorry this happened but I had no idea the thread was going to be deleted.

Old 2012-05-02, 12:46pm
Cancer SUCKS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemsinbloom View Post
There were three winners in my "name the tutorial contest" The thread was deleted so I am at a loss who they are. Well actually , two names have now been figured out. If you are the third winner, can you please send me a pm with your email address so I can mail it to you. So sorry this happened but I had no idea the thread was going to be deleted.
Seems like quite a few tutorial threads are getting deleted. I wonder why?

Old 2012-05-02, 12:48pm
Jacqueline Parkes

You are only allowed one tutorial thread if you are selling your tutorial. I did not understand the rules, my fault

Old 2012-05-02, 3:23pm
Nerwbie Glass Junkie

Really quickly, sorry the photo is rubbish. Vicki , yours looks great!

Old 2012-05-02, 7:44pm
Happy Inner Dragon

Gorgeous results so far

rusticalsfreestyle on Instagram

SRA# P107
Old 2012-05-03, 6:13am
Jacqueline Parkes

Awesome flowers Robyn!

Old 2012-05-03, 4:05pm
Live and Let Live

Got some cooking in the kiln right now. Will post pics ASAP!

Old 2012-05-03, 5:23pm
Cancer SUCKS!

Quote:
You are only allowed one tutorial thread if you are selling your tutorial. I did not understand the rules, my fault
Thanks for clarifying it for me too!

Old 2012-05-03, 6:33pm
Jacqueline Parkes

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassGalore View Post
Got some cooking in the kiln right now. Will post pics ASAP!
tapping foot , where are they?

Old 2012-05-03, 7:32pm
Live and Let Live

Quote:
tapping foot , where are they?
Still cooking! No pics till tomorrow evening at best.

Old 2012-05-03, 10:22pm

Smile

Just downloaded and I am printing away! It looks great, Jacqueline! Thanks for sharing your wonderful techniques! Now I have to order some glass and frit!
Old 2012-05-04, 12:43am

I just told my husband I would really like this for mothers day, Our gigantor yard sale is going to be mothers day weekend. This will allow me to finally set up my studio and start practicing like crazy. Absolutely love florals. Hope DH picks up on the hint and I receive this. Thank you for doing this for us, Much love and gratitude to you for all your hard work and willingness to share with us!

Shari in so cali
Old 2012-05-04, 11:03am
Jacqueline Parkes

Sorry guys, I was not getting my notices there were posts here. Thank you Shirley and I am here when you are ready Shari.

Old 2012-05-04, 11:11am

Default My first ever post

I showed these in the Show and Tell today for the first time ever posting. I had a lot of fun with these. I can't wait to get out and do some more now that I have a little confidence.

Dweezil

Old 2012-05-04, 11:14am
Jacqueline Parkes

Awesome beads Dweezil! Yupp it is all about confidence

Old 2012-05-05, 3:00pm
Adrian

Gems, awesome tutorial and well worth the wait!. pictures and directions are amazing. I laminated the "recipe page" and bound the rest of the tut separately. I've been asked how I "watercolor paint" my beads!
Adrian
Old 2012-05-05, 4:10pm
Happy Inner Dragon

I had an opportunity to try the tut yesterday. Mostly from memory, and using only what I have at my disposal so far for the canes. I have to say it was a lot of fun

First one:

Second one:

and its mate:

Need a lot of PPP, but I'm quite happy with these. Rosebuds aren't too flash, though, but I'm cool with that. Early days

SRA# P107
Old 2012-05-06, 7:05am
Jacqueline Parkes

Adrian, glad to hear you are happy with the tut, thanks so much

Essie, wonderful beads!

Old 2012-05-07, 6:58pm
Nerwbie Glass Junkie

Dweezel & Di, your beads are lovely.

You know what I like most about your tutorials Jacq? They always have a lovely big font that is easy to read & the pics are always so very clear & easy to see!

That's not saying that there aren't other people that have tuts like that as well, but it's something that has stood out in all 3 of the tutorials I've bought from you, the pics are always big, light & bright & with no "stuff" in the background which can make it difficult to pick out what is being illustrated.

It's a great tutorial!

Old 2012-05-08, 1:44am

Loving the tutorial, but question. What do you put the bead release in to coat the middle of the rod?

Old 2012-05-08, 4:25am

Thank you MrsD! I hope to be feeling well enough to get out tonight and do some more. Essie, I love the orange base color!

Dweezil
Old 2012-05-08, 7:29am
Jacqueline Parkes

If you go to post #60 in this link , Diane Woodall shares how to dip middle of mandrel. I know there was another thread around here which added some other ideas as well. This is how I do it though and it works perfectly.

http://www.lampworketc.com/forums/sh...+middle&page=2

Old 2012-05-08, 4:11pm
Happy Inner Dragon

Thanks, all I've made some more cane to try again.
Can't wait to see more results

SRA# P107
Old 2012-05-08, 6:29pm
Live and Let Live

Made more canes and another batch of beads before getting them all cleaned up and photo'd, so here's my progress so far...

Group shot:

"Watercolor" style:

"Traditional Jacqueline style":

Alternate interpretations:

Favorites!

Old 2012-05-08, 11:06pm
Happy Inner Dragon

Wow! Gorgeous

SRA# P107
Old 2012-05-09, 5:21am
Jacqueline Parkes

OMG Lisa! You have been a mad crazy floral bead making machine! Lovely beads. I assume you are enjoying the process. Thank you for posting the pictures.